Maastricht 1 - 2 Argyle Match thread | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Maastricht 1 - 2 Argyle Match thread

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Ottawa Green":2azfrq2p said:
Someone was asking which subs got on and how many players we dressed.

Argyle (4-3-3): 23 Luke McCormick; 2 Gary Miller, 4 Yann Songo’o, 15 Sonny Bradley, 3 Gary Sawyer; 24 David Fox (16 Ben Purrington 84), 10 Graham Carey, 18 Oscar Threlkeld; 14 Jake Jervis, 9 Jimmy Spencer (8 Jordan Slew 72), 7 David Goodwillie (11 Ryan Donaldson 72). Substitutes (not used): 5 Nauris Bulvitis, 6 Connor Smith, 17 Jordan Bentley, 20 Louis Rooney, 22 David Ijaha.

Hopefully all the players were dressed. :)

Jul 29, 2010
cheshiregreen":mnri0cp3 said:
Ottawa Green":mnri0cp3 said:

Argyle (4-3-3): 23 Luke McCormick; 2 Gary Miller, 4 Yann Songo’o, 15 Sonny Bradley, 3 Gary Sawyer; 24 David Fox (16 Ben Purrington 84), 10 Graham Carey, 18 Oscar Threlkeld; 14 Jake Jervis, 9 Jimmy Spencer (8 Jordan Slew 72), 7 David Goodwillie (11 Ryan Donaldson 72). Substitutes (not used): 5 Nauris Bulvitis, 6 Connor Smith, 17 Jordan Bentley, 20 Louis Rooney, 22 David Ijaha.
Hopefully all the players were dressed. :)
#Massstreak4Maastricht

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
That has got to be seen as a good result.
We have now played 8 pre-season friendlies in 18 days, scored 40 goals and conceded 5, of which only 2 were in open play.
Yes, we have to take into account the quality of opposition in most of the games but we should also remember that the majority of our players have not played together as a team until this month.
Saturday's game with WBA will be another opportunity to see how the team is progressing and form our opinions.
I have not seen any of the friendlies, I don't 'do' friendlies, but I have read all the reports on here and in the press and I have to say that I will approach the first league game against Luton with some optimism.

I realise that 3 or 4 games into the season my optimism may be somewhat dented but, unless or until that happens, I will continue with my glass half full. Indeed, even if we have only won 7 and drawn 9 at halfway, I will still try to console myself that that's where Wimbledon were after 23 games last season. On the other hand, if we have won 14 and drawn 4 at that stage, I will have to remind myself that Wimbledon were promoted and we weren't. That's football!!!

Oct 5, 2013
Ottawa Green":pitjltdy said:

Thanks, it was me that asked.
Do you also happen to know how many subs DA could have used, in accordance with the rules of engagement?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
up_the_line":3ddefmr3 said:
I'm happy enough tonight. Got my shirt ordered. Got a game to watch Saturday. Im just not kacking myself in excitement only to be let down. I find it helps to not be convinced of impending success when failure inevitably follows.

So you go into the season pessimistic and expecting the worse. Each to their own I guess.

Jan 2, 2006
Cobi Budge.":2oep3tej said:
Tonight we've beaten a league 1/championship equivalent side on their own patch.

Really pleased with the result but I think Maastricht would be flattered to be compared with championship level. I'd say most of the Dutch top flight teams wouldn't set the championship on fire.

The second tier in Holland is also the bottom division in terms of professional teams so some might say they are League 2 equivalent ;)

Sep 6, 2006
philevs":pu35v7zs said:
Ottawa Green":pu35v7zs said:

Thanks, it was me that asked.
Do you also happen to know how many subs DA could have used, in accordance with the rules of engagement?

Yawn

Oct 14, 2015
Good god BG, just WTF is wrong with you?? It's 0900 and you've put 3 comments on 3 different threads just trying to provoke some kind of argument...from posters trying trying to find out a bit about last nights game...... clearly your easily offended and I wouldn't want to offend you however your happy to put "yawn" next to someone else's comment.....

Are you not due a holiday soon where's there's no internet connection....

Jan 7, 2013
xmastree":1x1g574o said:
clokey84":1x1g574o said:
Well there we go then an undefeated pre season (we won't include West Brom)

What a great idea! I look forward to an unbeaten season, simply by omitting any games we might lose!
Brilliant another one full of sarcasm and wit!!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
clokey84":1awhnjkg said:
xmastree":1awhnjkg said:
clokey84":1awhnjkg said:
Well there we go then an undefeated pre season (we won't include West Brom)

What a great idea! I look forward to an unbeaten season, simply by omitting any games we might lose!
Brilliant another one full of sarcasm and wit!!

Unbeaten ..................... on the road!!! :thumbs: :scarf:

Sep 6, 2006
Welwyn Pilgrim":13uye9aa said:
Good god BG, just WTF is wrong with you?? It's 0900 and you've put 3 comments on 3 different threads just trying to provoke some kind of argument...from posters trying trying to find out a bit about last nights game...... clearly your easily offended and I wouldn't want to offend you however your happy to put "yawn" next to someone else's comment.....

Are you not due a holiday soon where's there's no internet connection....

My question on the other thread was what standard do we think Maastricht are. If you see that as provoking an argument you must have a lot of arguments in your life.
I fail to see why anybody would need to know how many subs we COULD have made in a pointless pre season friendly.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I find you an antagonistic so and so most of the time BG but in your defence I only saw that as an innocuous and simple question.

Mar 8, 2016
Derek Adams has said it's unlikely we will come up against a better team than this Dutch team in league 2 this season. As said before results in friendlies mean nothing, however it is promising signs that the team has played well against stronger opposition. Looking forward to Saturday to see the new signings for the first time.

Jan 2, 2006
Army green":245ef4ju said:
Derek Adams has said it's unlikely we will come up against a better team than this Dutch team in league 2 this season. As said before results in friendlies mean nothing, however it is promising signs that the team has played well against stronger opposition. Looking forward to Saturday to see the new signings for the first time.

granted they were probably a good side technically but one things for sure we won't come up against any worse defenders than the Maastricht defender who let the ball bounce in his own area to allow Songoo the chance to get his shot in