Magic 10 | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Magic 10

May 8, 2011
gaspargomez":3im8bzf0 said:
Yes 10 games is the time to make an initial assessment.

Well they are top, so I guess they are good enough to go up. If they don't it will be a failure.

I'm still not convinced they are playing that well and the team ride their luck alright. If Garita carries on playing well, he could be our main man. Carey also needs to stay clear of injury. Without him, Argyle are stuffed. (By the way Brent- give him a new contract FFS).

I would think we will offer Carey a new contract before January, hoping he gives us a definitive yes or no. If he says no thanks, Argyle have to try and get some money for him by selling him in the January window or he will leave in June for zero.

Perhaps us fans could help by giving him and his family a big 'love up' between now and January so hopefully his family won't have to sit through and witness the awful abuse the players received at Carlisle again.

Wonder if he does turn down a new contract how many will blame the Club for not giving him a longer contract 2 years ago?

May 16, 2016
Beware them top teams......

We're top, 5 points above Luton who we've played once and became the bottom team. Colchester, currently a just in the top half team. Morecambe, early pacesetters, now 9th. Crewe lost 5-1 to Wycombe. Pompey lost 3-1 at Blackpool, even Kelvin Mellor scored. Notts County we played once already.

So, who or what is a top team (this week)?. I know this is Argyle and we can muck it all up as good as anyone, but, we're stronger if not prettier this season and less reliant on luck.

10 games in 5 points clear, robust and professional (heard that on the commentary last night) looking like we have the ability to plod the league, but....

.....beware them top teams.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Guiri Green":3ed0iu4u said:
Beware them top teams......

We're top, 5 points above Luton who we've played once and became the bottom team. Colchester, currently a just in the top half team. Morecambe, early pacesetters, now 9th. Crewe lost 5-1 to Wycombe. Pompey lost 3-1 at Blackpool, even Kelvin Mellor scored. Notts County we played once already.

So, who or what is a top team (this week)?. I know this is Argyle and we can muck it all up as good as anyone, but, we're stronger if not prettier this season and less reliant on luck.

10 games in 5 points clear, robust and professional (heard that on the commentary last night) looking like we have the ability to plod the league, but....

.....beware them top teams.

This with bells on.

Winning becomes a very good habit.

We did it in spadeloads in 2001/02 with 19 games unbeaten...on the bounce. The clean sheets in that season was a record, the points tally at the end of the season was a record (second only to Sunderland in all time records) so there is no reason whatsoever why, 15 years later, we shouldn't be doing the same.

Just for the record, we had a poo start to that season as well!

Edit to add...just checked on GoS and it was 22 League games, 15 wins and 7 draws. We had two defeats in that time, in the LDV trophy and FA Cup 2nd Round. August 27th to Dec. 22nd.