Man of the Match v Carlisle | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Man of the Match v Carlisle

Man of the Match v Carlisle

• McCormick

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Nelson

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • McHugh

Votes: 18 12.5%
  • Hartley

Votes: 17 11.8%
  • O'Connor

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Cox

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Blizzard

Votes: 24 16.7%
  • Mellor

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • B. Reid

Votes: 23 16.0%
  • Alessandra

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • R. Reid

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Smalley

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Morgan

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
Think any starter except maybe Reuben would have a legitimate case - and he certainly didn't have a bad game.

I'm going for Nelson, also really impressed with the other two members of the back three. Although I think going forward Bobby Reid can still be a bit hit-and-miss, he has the audacity to try difficult things and his energy in midfield is crucial to this team.

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Alessandra, just, could of, or should have had a first half hat trick, best player on the park though was white their right back, different class

Nov 16, 2006
Could've been any of the back three or Blizzard for me. May have been Bobby but for his set pieces, which in my opinion were poor today.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Nelson for me too. Solid and dependable just about every game.
Worries me that loanees will be 'chatting' with their managers:
"In matches he is great, quality in training and still young enough to make it big!" :shock:

Sorry guys but can't see how Lewis could be MotM, I can't see how a player who gave up possession so easily throughout the whole game can be a contender? Can't see it :think:

but wot the hick: that's 'opinions' for you! and a win is a win for all that!! :scarf:

Dec 22, 2010
north devon
tom16pafc":2foys5ir said:
One of the worst matches Alessandra has played this year apart from his goals. He missed lots of chances and lost the ball most time he was in possession. Bobby Reid and McCormick were definitely the two best players in my opinion!
Agree

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Paven":2dej968d said:
samjones":2dej968d said:
PAFC94":2dej968d said:
Bobby Reid for me. Different class. We need to extend his loan.

Couldn't agree more. Head and shoulders above any other player on the pitch today. Star in the making potential - Technically very good with both feet, fast and comfortable on the ball with a great engine and desire for a loanee

Nelson is also worthy of a mention as he does his job so calmly and comfortably.

I'm not a big Blizzard fan even with his recent improvement because he is so flat footed and one paced.
In the 2nd half Carlisle targeted this area with their right back ghosting past Blizzard on numerous occasions

Lewi didn't have one of his better games but he is definitely more dangerous up the middle and at least converted 1 of his 5 chances to win us the game

Out of interest Sam, how come you can see what Bobby does but you maintained for months that Hourihane was rubbish? Just curious.

For me, Alessandra or O'Connor, with notable mentions for the back 3. Don't like Bobby playing that deeply if I'm honest, much better in an advanced role.

Hourihane just frustrated the hell out of me. There always looked like there could be a good player in there ( probably proven with his performances at Barnsley now ) but he was just too negative all the time constantly going backwards and sideways. Also went missing in far too many games IMHO and Argyle never saw the best of him on a consistent basis

I can't believe the number of people now singing Blizzards praises. Yes he has improved, but hey that wasn't hard, and he is slow and deliberate. If he was more mobile I reckon he would be okay but anyone who can drop a shoulder and roll the ball 2 yards past him can light up a cigar and smoke it whilst his brain and body engage into a change of direction.
should have been brought off in the 2nd half today as we were getting overrun down that side by their right back and it was lucky it didn't cost of the game

Jul 3, 2014
Bere Alston
Could have been any of 5 players today for me, but went with Lewi, yes he gave away the ball a few times but his work rate was excellent and he did score the winner. :clap:

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Nelson, McHugh, Hartley, O'Connor, Bobby Reid, Blizzard, Alessandra.

7 players who are all occupying 10-15% of the vote. At least one in each outfield position.

EVERY player has got at least one vote.

That just shows what a good all round performance it was.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
samjones":1d6j4pc0 said:
Paven":1d6j4pc0 said:
samjones":1d6j4pc0 said:
PAFC94":1d6j4pc0 said:
Bobby Reid for me. Different class. We need to extend his loan.

Couldn't agree more. Head and shoulders above any other player on the pitch today. Star in the making potential - Technically very good with both feet, fast and comfortable on the ball with a great engine and desire for a loanee

Nelson is also worthy of a mention as he does his job so calmly and comfortably.

I'm not a big Blizzard fan even with his recent improvement because he is so flat footed and one paced.
In the 2nd half Carlisle targeted this area with their right back ghosting past Blizzard on numerous occasions

Lewi didn't have one of his better games but he is definitely more dangerous up the middle and at least converted 1 of his 5 chances to win us the game

Out of interest Sam, how come you can see what Bobby does but you maintained for months that Hourihane was rubbish? Just curious.

For me, Alessandra or O'Connor, with notable mentions for the back 3. Don't like Bobby playing that deeply if I'm honest, much better in an advanced role.

Hourihane just frustrated the hell out of me. There always looked like there could be a good player in there ( probably proven with his performances at Barnsley now ) but he was just too negative all the time constantly going backwards and sideways. Also went missing in far too many games IMHO and Argyle never saw the best of him on a consistent basis

I can't believe the number of people now singing Blizzards praises. Yes he has improved, but hey that wasn't hard, and he is slow and deliberate. If he was more mobile I reckon he would be okay but anyone who can drop a shoulder and roll the ball 2 yards past him can light up a cigar and smoke it whilst his brain and body engage into a change of direction.
should have been brought off in the 2nd half today as we were getting overrun down that side by their right back and it was lucky it didn't cost of the game

What what what!? :shocked: :crazy: