Man of the Match v Carlisle | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Man of the Match v Carlisle

Man of the Match v Carlisle

• McCormick

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Nelson

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • McHugh

Votes: 18 12.5%
  • Hartley

Votes: 17 11.8%
  • O'Connor

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Cox

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Blizzard

Votes: 24 16.7%
  • Mellor

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • B. Reid

Votes: 23 16.0%
  • Alessandra

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • R. Reid

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Smalley

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Morgan

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Blizzard is poor defensively - we all knew that anyway, which is why he had so many poor games last season in that defensive midfield role.

Now that he's got this attacking centre-mid role he still has some moments where he has to defend and he gets found out.

However, going forward with the ball Blizzard has been nothing short of fantastic recently.

Sep 15, 2012
I cannot for the life of me understand the mentality of people on here.
Alessandra Man of the Match you`ve got to be joking.
Every time he gets the ball the move breaks down. He runs out of ideas or tries to
run through the player and ends up losing the ball.
He should have scored a hat trick and missed two sitters.
Sorry can`t see it and never will. He`s our worst player by far.
MOTM your havin` a Laugh
Young Bobby Reid by far Head and Shoulders above the rest. :facepalm:

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Qoo3939L":1h2mumvv said:
Every time he gets the ball the move breaks down. He runs out of ideas or tries to
MOTM your havin` a Laugh

That's a facepalm to your own post, right? Allowing Alessandra to play up front with Reid has helped both players as Alessandra's in his natural position (and thriving) and Reuben has the best possible support. There was one particular moment that Alessandra should've squared the ball across to Reuben and instead went for the shot himself but let's not forget we were already 1-0 up and it was Alessandra who scored. It was a similar chance to one he had against Swindon and he scored there by just placing it in the corner; he tried the same but it just proved to be the wrong decision.

Also, Alessandra probably did lose possession on 3 or 4 occassions but that's because he's brave enough to take on the defenders who are marking him and, again, you're not always going to be successful. I can recall Reuben losing the ball a few times running into a defender too but if we didn't try to take anybody on then it'd make frustrating viewing.

Alessandra's been back in his best position for 3 games and he's scored 3 goals, so what else do you want? He wasn't my choice for Man of the Match either but the Reid/Alessandra partnership is working well at the moment.

Finally, you say Bobby Reid was 'head and shoulders above the best' as if the other 10 players didn't show up. There's nothing wrong in actually praising a good team performance, so facepalm to you too.

Jan 7, 2013
Alessandra was Guy Branstons motm on radio commentary yesterday, I tend to think he knows what he's talking about so I doubt he was as bad as some make out!

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Haven't voted as I wasn't there, but it's heartening to see the votes spread out so evenly as it's a sign everybody is performing their role in the team well. To be consistently successful we can't just rely on outstanding performances from a couple of individuals every week. So, well done to everyone yesterday.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
bringonthemilkman":3ugb3sw9 said:
Haven't voted as I wasn't there, but it's heartening to see the votes spread out so evenly as it's a sign everybody is performing their role in the team well. To be consistently successful we can't just rely on outstanding performances from a couple of individuals every week. So, well done to everyone yesterday.

I agree the spread of vote bode wells for a great team performance. 1st half we were great going forward but didn't really capitalise on the domination and all the chances. 2nd half we doggedly defended when under pressure so there were positives all over the pitch for a change.

Reuben Reid was probably the weakest performance on the day but that's not criticism just reality.

Improve our away performances and we may start talking of PROMOTION and not relegation for a change.

Kellett and B Reid could be crucial players for this and give the balance to the team that was sadly lacking at the start of the season

Nov 4, 2012
Qoo3939L":1fh293kl said:
MOTM your havin` a Laugh

I thought Alessandra was a tad wasteful today in the first half particularly and didn't deserve MOTM, but your post is a joke, he continuously gets into good positions and never stops running. He also managed 12 goals last season and got the winning goal yesterday. Worst player by far? That is ridiculous.

Dec 22, 2010
north devon
Qoo3939L":10jhvxix said:
MOTM your havin` a Laugh
totaly agree