Man of the Match v Southend? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Man of the Match v Southend?

Man of the Match v Southend?

• McCormick

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Blanchard

• Trotman

Votes: 14 9.4%
  • Nelson

Votes: 17 11.4%
  • Purrington

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • Gurrieri

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Hourihane

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • Blizzard

Votes: 37 24.8%
  • Banton

• Alessandra

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Reid

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Thomas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apr 1, 2013
Pogleswoody":4jmgwfyh said:
youngbutloyal":4jmgwfyh said:
Is it me or was Banton a huge disappointment? Waste of space!

just you being so harsh youngbutimpatient!

when yiou are oldandcynical like me you will be able to pick hype from truth.

I am of the :maybe he shouldn't have played today' camp. a week's training/conditioning and an away game cameo may have been the way to go. but that is hindsight.

disappointed - yes. waste of space? - well you should know that isn't true so why say it?

he scared a couple of their defenders today - wait till he is fit! :scarf:

Still saying that??

C

Cobi Budge.

Yes it seems he was wrong but I really hate it when people quote things others said a long time ago which might no longer be relevant and they might no longer believe.

Anyway as for Banton it just hasn't happened for him second time around, he's been below par for a year now and the constant injuries haven't helped. One or two good displays in a year is a poor return and he's no longer got people defending him, there's a phrase 'form is temporary, class is permanent', sadly I don't think it applies here, he just isn't as good anymore.

I think he'll have to drop a league to stand a chance of re-igniting his career.

Apr 1, 2013
Cobi Budge.":23zvlb35 said:
Yes it seems he was wrong but I really hate it when people quote things others said a long time ago which might no longer be relevant and they might no longer believe.

Anyway as for Banton it just hasn't happened for him second time around, he's been below par for a year now and the constant injuries haven't helped. One or two good displays in a year is a poor return and he's no longer got people defending him, there's a phrase 'form is temporary, class is permanent', sadly I don't think it applies here, he just isn't as good anymore.

I think he'll have to drop a league to stand a chance of re-igniting his career.

Circumstances haven't changed that much though, Banton was pretty crap when I wrote the first comment, things haven't got better... I agree though he's had a rough time, and think he needs to drop a league to have a chance. We didn't pay for him did we??

C

Cobi Budge.

I'm not sure actually, he wasn't out of contract so perhaps there was a small fee involved, in fairness though we were all pleased when he returned so we can't really criticise the club if we did pay a fee.

It hasn't worked for him, due to a number of reasons, injury, attitude and another one is the fact we have a better team (by far) than the one he played in first time round. There are no excuses for him anymore and he isn't going to 'come good' as long as he's here.

I hope for his sake he moves on at the end of the season. I've not been his number 1 fan but you don't wanna see a young players career go down the pan.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
youngbutloyal":o9l0ua87 said:
Pogleswoody":o9l0ua87 said:
youngbutloyal":o9l0ua87 said:

I am of the :maybe he shouldn't have played today' camp. a week's training/conditioning and an away game cameo may have been the way to go. but that is hindsight.

disappointed - yes. waste of space? - well you should know that isn't true so why say it?

Still saying that??

I'd like to ask GreenArmy1984 to reply on my behalf as he is Chief Lecturer in the Plymouth Positivity Course that I am studying at Bere Peninsula College of Optimsim. :lol:

Maybe you are right but I just don't really get it when a talented young footballer seems to 'lose' it somehow :sad:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
youngbutloyal":22d0z7sj said:
Pogleswoody":22d0z7sj said:
youngbutloyal":22d0z7sj said:

Still saying that??

Talk about holding a grudge, you do realise this was posted over a year ago? :facepalm: