Match day pasties | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Match day pasties

Your favourite pasty?

• Ivor Dewdney

Votes: 71 39.0%
  • Ron Dewdney

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Ginsters

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • The Gorge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Oggy Oggy

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Pilgrim Pasties

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Dashers

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Friary Mill

Votes: 23 12.6%
  • Warren’s

• Lewis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Philip’s

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Henderson

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Chaucer Way

• Anne’s

• Homemade

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Other

Votes: 20 11.0%

• Total voters

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
A tip, Ivor's taste even better in the dark! Possibly because you can't see what's in them. :greensmile:

If you're not a Janner you wouldn't get it by then again not all Janners like Ivor's (amazingly).

It's a bit like your average Cockernee really. There are Cockernees that say they are Cockernee but don't like jellied eels, are they therefore true Cockernees?? :twisted:

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
PAFC95":2hicyyo7 said:
I laughed first time I saw this thread but now I've seen people's views on Ivors its properly grabbed my attention, I get its an Argyle tradition and that as they are the most accessible on match days but why settle for an awful piece of food I know its not viable to go to the nearest Rowes (in Saltash) (something us in Plymouth have to suffer not having in this city) but at most Spar shops in Plymouth they get their Pasties from Rowes so why not get near to perfection Pasties from a Spar ( they are near to perfection as they aren't as fresh as store ones as theyre in a packet) :doh:

Whats wrong with the shop in Cornwall street? here you go,
http://www.visitplymouth.co.uk/shopping ... y-p1457863

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
IJN":1wtou3mj said:
A tip, Ivor's taste even better in the dark! Possibly because you can't see what's in them. :greensmile:

If you're not a Janner you wouldn't get it by then again not all Janners like Ivor's (amazingly).

It's a bit like your average Cockernee really. There are Cockernees that say they are Cockernee but don't like jellied eels, are they therefore true Cockernees?? :twisted:

Shouldn't it be Cockerknees as in knees up mother Brown? :greensmile:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Good point. Perhaps we should ask some bugger in Ivybridge, they're East of us aren't they?

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
Argyle Nutter":1rvwivvw said:
PAFC95":1rvwivvw said:
I laughed first time I saw this thread but now I've seen people's views on Ivors its properly grabbed my attention, I get its an Argyle tradition and that as they are the most accessible on match days but why settle for an awful piece of food I know its not viable to go to the nearest Rowes (in Saltash) (something us in Plymouth have to suffer not having in this city) but at most Spar shops in Plymouth they get their Pasties from Rowes so why not get near to perfection Pasties from a Spar ( they are near to perfection as they aren't as fresh as store ones as theyre in a packet) :doh:

Rowes have an in store bakery at Asda, I also believe Tesco have them in hot cabinets in most large stores.

Ollieargyle9":1rvwivvw said:
Only 8% for homemade? Either a lot of deprived childhoods on here or a lot of offended mothers :greensmile:

Ollie Home made are the name of the company that have recently started selling from vans by the goals entrance & the life centre car park not what yer mum serves you for tea or have i just been whoosed? :doh:
I also thought Homemade referred to Mother's or indeed my homemade pastys and voted on that basis!

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
ogwellmike":wb2jp2ib said:
Argyle Nutter wrote (of Ivor's pasties)
...why settle for an awful piece of food

With respect, taste is a matter of taste - and comment is a matter of opinion. Your taste is your own concern but it's only your opinion that Ivor's are awful. Judging by the voting on here, a lot of people think the opposite.

For what it's worth I don't think there are bad pasties, I just think some are better (and some a lot better) than others. A bit like wine really. There is no bad wine IMO but some is definitely better than others.

Sorry Ogwell but please do not misquote people as I did not write that, I had merely replied to PAFC95 post regarding rowes pasty out lets, although I do agree with him on this occasion as in my opinion Ivors are rank.

Feb 22, 2011
Plymouth/Truro
pilgrimmike1":21yl1b6w said:
PAFC95":21yl1b6w said:

Google maps lied to me when I searched it was one of the first things I looked up when I moved up to Plymouth I shall be going there on a weekly (or daily) basis now :)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
PAFC95":1mri8sef said:
pilgrimmike1":1mri8sef said:
PAFC95":1mri8sef said:

Google maps lied to me when I searched it was one of the first things I looked up when I moved up to Plymouth I shall be going there on a weekly (or daily) basis now :)

Not sure that making them in Cornwall Street beats the EU rules on regional food derivations!! :shock:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Argyle Nutter":2awjs2ku said:
Ollieargyle9":2awjs2ku said:
Only 8% for homemade? Either a lot of deprived childhoods on here or a lot of offended mothers :greensmile:

Ollie Home made are the name of the company that have recently started selling from vans by the goals entrance & the life centre car park not what yer mum serves you for tea or have i just been whoosed? :doh:

:lol: If only mate, would have been a brilliant whoosh.

Nah I've never heard of them, which is quite bad considering I walk up past the life centre from the train station on match days :oops:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
pearces greens":2r94vsyl said:
The Devon record office have a document from 1509 which mentions pasty's, which suggests that they are in fact from Devon, not cornwall after all.

Yep, we've always known it. Plymouth does it, Cornwall follows.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Only because us in Cornwall were too busy doing things like making the puffing devil and furthering mankind to worry about writing things down! Nerds ;)

O

ogwellmike

Argyle Nutter wrote:

Sorry Ogwell but please do not misquote people as I did not write that ...

Sorry for the mistake - now corrected.