Match thread: Orient 2 sent off in first 14 mins. FT 0-2 | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Match thread: Orient 2 sent off in first 14 mins. FT 0-2

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Metal_Green_Mickey":10jlpkxl said:
Happy Clappy v Doom Merchants a PASOTI 6 a side game for charity me thinks....

As for tonight I understand peoples frustration because they just want Argyle to do well. Its that patience thing that football fans suffer from, including myself.

Can I play for both sides and ref, all at the same time? Don't you just love and hate football.

Jul 29, 2010
Guiri Green":2dqs5974 said:
X Isle":2dqs5974 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2dqs5974 said:
Happy Clappy v Doom Merchants a PASOTI 6 a side game for charity me thinks....
Aaw crap, ineligible for both sides :sad:

Consistently even handed pragmatists are few and far between, reckon there's only just enough for four match officials. If champions league style touchline assistants were required too we'd struggle.

We should know by now that DA doesn't do 'go for it' so it's no surprise we didn't capitalise on our fantastic position after 14 mins. Frustrating and annoying but as a pragmatist I understand it.

Well done lads :clap:

The match thread would be interesting if the 'Doomers' were winning !
More likely the game would be abandoned before any side got to score anyway. With a fence sitter in charge of the whistle the entire doom merchant VI would be sent off for ungentlemanly conduct and the Happy Clappy VI would all walk for excessive celebration of the sendings off :cool:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Andy Holland":1ocek1uf said:
GreenThing":1ocek1uf said:
Andy Holland":1ocek1uf said:
Barely done. Make no mistake, pleased with three points but Argyle were poor.

Are you at the match?

Yes. Patronising much?

No, just asking so I know what your comments are based on. No need to be touchy about it.

Aug 30, 2016
Peverell
If we are indeed playing poorly, then heaven help the rest of league 2 if we ever start playing well. For the moment let's just be happy that we're sitting on top of it.

N

newquaygreen

4evergreen":1dcz6hrt said:
If we are indeed playing poorly, then heaven help the rest of league 2 if we ever start playing well. For the moment let's just be happy that we're sitting on top of it.

very good point

Sep 28, 2003
London
Knibbsworth":3ahu6x9m said:
Andy Holland":3ahu6x9m said:

Other people at the game have told me Argyle were in total control from start to finish, and that after the second red it was cruise control keeping the ball from Orient and tiring them.

You never seem to post anything but negativity about Derek Adams and his tactics, so I think I will settle for their version of events.

You seem obsessed with me, pal. Dry your eyes, it's an opinion forum.

Apr 29, 2016
Andy_S":3kod47tr said:
Listening to the after match comments, I think I'll take Martin Gritton's comments about the game, rather than the negative rubbish that will crop up here.

You beat me to it. I was going to say exactly the same!

Sep 28, 2003
London
It has to be said that Orient did defend very well, but Argyle were worryingly idea-less at times when it came to breaking them down.

Our repetition of the same corner routine where the ball doesn't go in the box was peeing off 800 Argyle fans tonight too, not just me.

Of course Argyle had a load of shots tonight, they played a nigh on full game against 9 men - I'm delighted with a win, but I imagine we've played a lot better in the last 8 games than we have tonight. Three points is the most important thing though, so real complaints from me - let's just not pretend we played like Brazil 1970 because we beat a 9 men team.

Also, I try not to comment either way on games I didn't go to as I'm aware that stats really don't show the whole picture - just saying. It's amusing to be contradicted by people who weren't there, but it's an opinion forum and everyone is entitled to one.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Andy Holland":2bg6zuxz said:
mervyn":2bg6zuxz said:
Andy Holland":2bg6zuxz said:
Please read the BBC match stats, then tell me how you justify this post.

By watching the match.

Why can't people accept, that just because we won, it doesn't make everything OK. Ofcouse were all delighted we've won, but outplaying the opposition and winning in a positive manner, gives you a real belief were going up.
I don't know why, but last season I was never convinced we were good enough to go up. Thus far I have exactly the same feeling. Great results, but the performances aren't quite there.
Andy Holland watched the game, didn't look at stats and concluded we were poor. Judging from what I've seen this season, in not surprised.

Feb 2, 2007
Mork":3aqposbk said:
Andy Holland":3aqposbk said:
mervyn":3aqposbk said:
Andy Holland":3aqposbk said:

By watching the match.

Why can't people accept, that just because we won, it doesn't make everything OK. Ofcouse were all delighted we've won, but outplaying the opposition and winning in a positive manner, gives you a real belief were going up.
I don't know why, but last season I was never convinced we were good enough to go up. Thus far I have exactly the same feeling. Great results, but the performances aren't quite there.
Andy Holland watched the game, didn't look at stats and concluded we were poor. Judging from what I've seen this season, in not surprised.

Did Northampton last season or Luggys Argyle always play well when romping a Championship- no. We don't have too. Just get 3 points is the aim of the game.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Mork":9335c247 said:
Andy Holland":9335c247 said:
mervyn":9335c247 said:
Andy Holland":9335c247 said:

By watching the match.

Andy Holland watched the game, didn't look at stats and concluded we were poor. Judging from what I've seen this season, im not surprised.