Matty Kennedy | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Matty Kennedy

Sep 6, 2006
Kentishgreen":aephl9uk said:
Yes he's only scored five goals in fifteen games. Terribly mediocre. Send him back...

2 against one of the worst defences ever seen at Home Park. Do you think it will be quite as easy in League 1?

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Knibbsworth":2xh354yn said:
jimsing":2xh354yn said:
Knibbsworth":2xh354yn said:
Knarf Reprah":2xh354yn said:
Colin has already stated that Argo have no chance of signing him

I'm not in the know but I would think his loan deal has a clause that he starts if fit....

As others have said there were a few games when I was surprised he started instead of Slew and I think he was subbed early in 2nd half of those games.

COYG

Well I don't see Colin playing him in the Championship, so I think the prospect of a season long loan at League One level might be attractive to all parties. All rests on how much the young Scotsman has enjoyed his time here, and whether he wants another twelve months of it.

AND whether Adams wants to take him!

Adams has shuffled wingers like a deck of cards in his two seasons at Argyle.

Wylde, Jervis, Tanner, Carey, Slew etc. have been interchangeable.

I haven't seen a winger get a straight run of games like Kennedy has for Argyle. Adams clearly likes him.

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Knibbsworth":76l2lcqk said:
jimsing":76l2lcqk said:
Knibbsworth":76l2lcqk said:
Knarf Reprah":76l2lcqk said:
Colin has already stated that Argo have no chance of signing him

Well I don't see Colin playing him in the Championship, so I think the prospect of a season long loan at League One level might be attractive to all parties. All rests on how much the young Scotsman has enjoyed his time here, and whether he wants another twelve months of it.

AND whether Adams wants to take him!

Adams has shuffled wingers like a deck of cards in his two seasons at Argyle.

Wylde, Jervis, Tanner, Carey, Slew etc. have been interchangeable.

I haven't seen a winger get a straight run of games like Kennedy has for Argyle. Adams clearly likes him.

I'm not in the know but I would think his loan deal has a clause that he starts if fit....

As others have said there were a few games when I was surprised he started instead of Slew and I think he was subbed early in 2nd half of those games.

COYG

Jul 12, 2016
Kennedy has undoubted talent but is still learning.Unbelievable that some on here don't rate him.We will be lucky to have him next season as I'm sure he won't be short of offers from other clubs.As for Slew I think he will go.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
twist of lime":1duehker said:
I'd find it very difficult to believe a clause like that exists in any contract.

Aug 5, 2015
It won't be any easier but this chap is good enough to be signed by a Championsip club. That should make him more than good enough for Leagues One and Two but maybe I'm missing something. Oh yes he's not as good as Messi.

Sep 6, 2006
Kentishgreen":elcv09kl said:
It won't be any easier but this chap is good enough to be signed by a Championsip club. That should make him more than good enough for Leagues One and Two but maybe I'm missing something. Oh yes he's not as good as Messi.

In YOUR opinion he is good enough. How often have you seen him, especially away? if he is good enough for the Championship then why were Cardiff NOT playing him!?

Jul 29, 2010
Balham_Green":1uqdk202 said:
Kentishgreen":1uqdk202 said:

In YOUR opinion he is good enough. How often have you seen him, especially away? if he is good enough for the Championship then why were Cardiff NOT playing him!?
He's still young?, he's still developing?

It's just like all the countless other loanees we've had down the years, his pedigree suggests he's an asset to them worth retaining but as of right now he still needs his development to progress.

Our promotion means he can test himself at a higher level without having to go to another club now, same with Tanner and Garita...if DA wants either for League 1 then he's in the box seat to have them. We get a player Adams knows and trusts and they get their prospect schooled in a slightly higher standard. That's how loans work, mutual benefit.

Now, personally I think Kennedy and Tanner certainly deserve a crack at it, arguably Arnie too. But what any of us think, good, bad or indifferent, it's immaterial. The manager's opinion is the only one that matters and for the first time in a long time I trust his judgement AND his ability to find a player for any given position that probably isn't even on our radar.

Nov 18, 2011
I'm a big fan of Kennedy as like Carey he's a player who has a bit of something about him and can create a goal from nothing.
IMO this is why Adams keeps playing him even if at times Kennedy can be a bit of a passenger in some games.

Hopefully he's really been enjoying his time down here and will push for a season of League 1 football back on loan at Argyle next season instead of sitting on the bench at Cardiff, it can only help his development.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
He is 23 this year so if he's going to 'make it' at Championship level you would think next season is key - especially given his already nomadic playing career with loan clubs. Personally I think he's an exciting player in the right circumstances. As Postey has said, it's not difficult to work out his strengths and it's no coincidence that his leaner period with us was against full-backs who were guiding him down the line.

League One seems a good option for him next year, but even at that level you feel he needs something else because his default style isn't difficult to defend against (i.e. up against a decent full-back).

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Mike Charlick":3pyefeml said:
I'm sure many full backs have said the same about Arjen Robben. Just show him down the line. Easier said than done.

Maybe. But several managed it in League Two. League One won't be any easier.

C

Cult Of Personality

Like most young wingers they blow hot and cold. Some days he looks a world beater the next not even an egg beater. It's what you get from players like that and I for one like flair players like him. It's what I find enjoyable in football

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
X Isle":3qmv9rpv said:
Balham_Green":3qmv9rpv said:
Kentishgreen":3qmv9rpv said:

He's still young?, he's still developing?

It's just like all the countless other loanees we've had down the years, his pedigree suggests he's an asset to them worth retaining but as of right now he still needs his development to progress.

Our promotion means he can test himself at a higher level without having to go to another club now, same with Tanner and Garita...if DA wants either for League 1 then he's in the box seat to have them. We get a player Adams knows and trusts and they get their prospect schooled in a slightly higher standard. That's how loans work, mutual benefit.

Now, personally I think Kennedy and Tanner certainly deserve a crack at it, arguably Arnie too. But what any of us think, good, bad or indifferent, it's immaterial. The manager's opinion is the only one that matters and for the first time in a long time I trust his judgement AND his ability to find a player for any given position that probably isn't even on our radar.

This.