Memo to Mr Brent and the board ! | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Memo to Mr Brent and the board !

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Frank_Butcher":2wb0o1x8 said:
Ade the green":2wb0o1x8 said:
Can I just say one more thing then i’ll Stop replying to this thread.

Ave-it quoted Knibbsworth’s post which drew attention to the players meeting after the Fleetwood game and the improvement in results thereafter. I can accept that the results have got better as had the disciplinary issues that plagued us early in the season. But by I think posties post and Knibbsworth’s acceptance of the reasoning, Adams had very little to do with it. It was the players that cleared the air and it’s the players that should take the plaudits for doing something about the issues when clearly Adams had no clue what to do.

If we stay up, a very well done to the player that led the “revolt”.

Why stop - must be 20 odd posts on this thread alone to say the same thing. Moving up that leaderboard nicely :).

In fact I'll help. How do you know "It was the players that cleared the air and it’s the players that should take the plaudits for doing something about the issues when clearly Adams had no clue what to do." ?

My sentiments exactly. Having read this thread it appears that Argyle life for Ade is very 'black and white' and not 'green and white'

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":10xcm3gw said:
Our form since the Shrewsbury match would definitely keep us up if maintained until April.

Have we done anything spectacular in that time that is impossible to replicate?

You are a broken record mate repeating the same thing over and over. Whats wrong with you? Why should our form continue as from Shrewsbury? It changed after the first few games and may well change again. Its not a science you know? Anyway anybody going regullarly to watch them e.g. at Pompey which I suspect you did not go to, can see very clearly the team is not good enough, whatever your obsession with stats suggest. The Pompey fans sang at us 'sh*t football team' and it hurt cos we knew it was true. But you stay at home in the warm working out your stats and everything is alright. :facepalm:

Oct 24, 2010
999mattyg":2p0jf3b3 said:
Frank_Butcher":2p0jf3b3 said:
Ade the green":2p0jf3b3 said:

Ave-it quoted Knibbsworth’s post which drew attention to the players meeting after the Fleetwood game and the improvement in results thereafter. I can accept that the results have got better as had the disciplinary issues that plagued us early in the season. But by I think posties post and Knibbsworth’s acceptance of the reasoning, Adams had very little to do with it. It was the players that cleared the air and it’s the players that should take the plaudits for doing something about the issues when clearly Adams had no clue what to do.

Why stop - must be 20 odd posts on this thread alone to say the same thing. Moving up that leaderboard nicely :).

In fact I'll help. How do you know "It was the players that cleared the air and it’s the players that should take the plaudits for doing something about the issues when clearly Adams had no clue what to do." ?

My sentiments exactly. Having read this thread it appears that Argyle life for Ade is very 'black and white' and not 'green and white'
When it goes wrong it's Adam's fault when it goes right it's down to the players.

Oct 24, 2010
I think this thread highlights that being positive or negative means different things to different people. To me I’m positive to others I’m a deluded green tint and those I consider negative see themselves as realists. We are all different and, although one or two posters would disagree, we all have a right to an opinion. Personally I’ve seen enough from the team to believe we have an excellent chance of staying up particularly given our recent improvement (it’s a fact we have improved in recent games not opinion). I accept the way we play away is dire so for that reason along with others (I don’t like watching a game from behind the goal and I don’t like being forced to stand and not use a seat I have paid for) I rarely attend away games. At home, however, although we have had our troubles we do play higher up the pitch, we do look to pass the ball and take the game to the opposition and I find the football we look to play generally to be of a decent standard.

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":32qvgtch said:
Knibbsworth":32qvgtch said:
Our form since the Shrewsbury match would definitely keep us up if maintained until April.

You are a broken record mate repeating the same thing over and over. Whats wrong with you? Why should our form continue as from Shrewsbury? It changed after the first few games and may well change again. Its not a science you know? Anyway anybody going regullarly to watch them e.g. at Pompey which I suspect you did not go to, can see very clearly the team is not good enough, whatever your obsession with stats suggest. The Pompey fans sang at us 'sh*t football team' and it hurt cos we knew it was true. But you stay at home in the warm working out your stats and everything is alright. :facepalm:

Remember when I said your posting pattern explodes after defeats and silences when we win?

You ignore all recent draws and wins and instead want to blow one defeat out of proportion. That is your style.

I still maintain without one poor mistake we'd have got a decent point out of Pompey away. We didn't attack well but we didn't get drubbed.

There is enough character in the side to stay up and I firmly believe we will.

Apr 29, 2016
Keepitgreen":3chcz3qf said:
Knarf Reprah":3chcz3qf said:
Keepitgreen":3chcz3qf said:
Ade the green":3chcz3qf said:

Toumani Diagouraga played his first game after the Fleetwood defeat. In 9 games he's only been on the losing side twice, once with only 10 men in the side. I think he's played a big part in the revival.
Revival? Have u seen the league table?
Can you imagine the table if we hadn't pick up the points that I speak of?

Yes but can you imagine the table if we picked up more?

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":xs395uw7 said:
Balham_Green":xs395uw7 said:
Knibbsworth":xs395uw7 said:

Remember when I said your posting pattern explodes after defeats and silences when we win?

You ignore all recent draws and wins and instead want to blow one defeat out of proportion. That is your style.

I still maintain without one poor mistake we'd have got a decent point out of Pompey away. We didn't attack well but we didn't get drubbed.

There is enough character in the side to stay up and I firmly believe we will.

You need more than character to stay up and when are you going to stop making excuses? We have won 3 all season so not many silences were there! 'Blow one defeat out of all proportion' :facepalm: For Goodness Sake man we are BOTTOM of the league!