Nelson Dislocated elbow (out 3 - 4 weeks) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Nelson Dislocated elbow (out 3 - 4 weeks)

J

jetsapilgrim

That looked painful,I thought he had broken his arm.
Glad to see him want to get back on the pitch,top marks to the fella.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Crucial to our promotion push, he has been superb all season one of the reasons our defending record has been so good.

Sep 19, 2006
Huddersfield
I (unfortunately) have some expert knowledge here having dislocated both my elbows a few years ago after falling off my bike.

When you leave hospital you're put in a sling (as the pic on official site showed) but told to take it out and flex it as often as possible despite the fact it'll hurt like hell. This is because if you keep it at the angle on the sling, the muscles will recover in that warped position and you won't be able to fully extend your arm again even after the ligaments etc are all back to full strength.

So i followed this routine and after about two months they were pretty much usable again (though i can't do a press-up type motion as the downward pressure on the joint dislocates it again). BUT of course Curtis should be able to play football without needing to fully extend his arm and with plenty of pain killers before matches in case he accidentally pushes it too far.

All in all i'd say the York game is a good one to aim for, partly as it'll be my first live game this season, but also because that'd be about half my recovery time.

I should also mention that: a) i'm not a pro athlete so his body should recover quicker. b) he will have daily access to physio, advice etc. c) one of my elbows was also fractured, which the articles says his isn't, which i imagine changes the prognosis. And d) i walked to a shop to call my dad and then waited 30mins in the rain for him to turn up, then had the usual long hospital wait before being seen, so my elbows were probably in a worse state than Curtis' by the time they were patched up and in a sling.

Glad my accident can be of use! I also broke my arm at a playground when i was a kid, maybe i'll come back and offer medical advice when some poor Pilgrim does the same!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
The kind of player that people adore and warship. :coat:
Hope his recovery is fleet.
When I heard ... first thought? .. frigate!! :whistle:
I'd just like to convoy my best wishes to him.
Mrs pogle loves him this will destroyer!!

S

steveinspain

Pogleswoody":15y8vbqw said:
The kind of player that people adore and warship. :coat:
Hope his recovery is fleet.
When I heard ... first thought? .. frigate!! :whistle:
I'd just like to convoy my best wishes to him.
Mrs pogle loves him this will destroyer!!

:funny: :clap:

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
curtis nelson ‏@curtisn329 25m25 minutes ago
@SkTheJanner @13gromit @Only1Argyle yeah I'm not injured, but I appreciate the concern.

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
I can't believe that Seaman Stains and Roger the cabin boy have not made an appearance yet in this thread!

Oh, hang on :oops:

Anyway, he won't be out for long as Argyle expects that every man will do his duty. :coat:

tonsk

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
huddygreen":1h03oqoj said:
I (unfortunately) have some expert knowledge here having dislocated both my elbows a few years ago after falling off my bike.

When you leave hospital you're put in a sling (as the pic on official site showed) but told to take it out and flex it as often as possible despite the fact it'll hurt like hell. This is because if you keep it at the angle on the sling, the muscles will recover in that warped position and you won't be able to fully extend your arm again even after the ligaments etc are all back to full strength.

So i followed this routine and after about two months they were pretty much usable again (though i can't do a press-up type motion as the downward pressure on the joint dislocates it again). BUT of course Curtis should be able to play football without needing to fully extend his arm and with plenty of pain killers before matches in case he accidentally pushes it too far.

All in all i'd say the York game is a good one to aim for, partly as it'll be my first live game this season, but also because that'd be about half my recovery time.

I should also mention that: a) i'm not a pro athlete so his body should recover quicker. b) he will have daily access to physio, advice etc. c) one of my elbows was also fractured, which the articles says his isn't, which i imagine changes the prognosis. And d) i walked to a shop to call my dad and then waited 30mins in the rain for him to turn up, then had the usual long hospital wait before being seen, so my elbows were probably in a worse state than Curtis' by the time they were patched up and in a sling.

Glad my accident can be of use! I also broke my arm at a playground when i was a kid, maybe i'll come back and offer medical advice when some poor Pilgrim does the same!

I bet your nickname is "Lucky". :greensmile:

S

steveinspain

When he was lying on the ground he was heard to say " kiss me Hartley" :coat:

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Take a bow steveinspain. This thread has been a stern test of PASOTI's ability to indulge in naval humour but I reckon your contribution torpedoes all the others out of the water.

Feb 9, 2011
The Doctor":wjlh2lzl said:
Take a bow steveinspain. This thread has been a stern test of PASOTI's ability to indulge in naval humour but I reckon your contribution torpedoes all the others out of the water.

while we are on the subject of NAVAL humour have you heard the one about the belly button ......
:tumbleweed: :whistle: