New Grandstand - 2 day public consultation | Page 18 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Grandstand - 2 day public consultation

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
Graham Clark":30gbehxe said:
There is now a Masterplan lodged with the Council for consideration which gives a clearer indication of what is to be proposed. It confirms what is proposed on both Higher Home Park (HHP) and what is proposed on the site at the rear of the Vets, a site described as the Western Gateway Site

On HHP the following is now confirmed as proposed
Ice Rink with 1,050 capacity - 3,145 sqm in size

Ground floor food and beverage - 1,060 sqm
Level 0 - access - 190 sqm
Level 1 - gym - 1,985 sqm
Level 2 - office - 1,385 sqm
Level 3 - office - 1.385 sqm

That means excluding the ice rink a total of of 6,005 sqm (nearly 63,000 sqft) of commercial floor space is proposed

There are 67 car spaces proposed on the HHP site, 8 of which are proposed to be disabled. It is assumed these spaces will also serve the daily operation of the Football Club (offices, club shop and ticket office). It is unclear whether these spaces will also serve the non-match day hospitality / conference facility.

The management of the on-site parking and reliance on spare capacity in the adjoining park and ride car park to service the uses will become clearer when the actual application is finally submitted in the traffic management and parking management plan.

The Western Gateway site is proposed to have a four level hotel (107 rooms) at 4,470 sqm, three (presumably food and beverage units) at 910 sqm, a cafe unit at 200 sqm and office unit at 1359 sqm and a vets at 250 sqm. A total of 40 on site spaces are proposed.

https://planning.plymouth.gov.uk/online ... 412806.pdf
Has a site for the sunday car boot sale been found??????

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Well that bodes well when the main man Tony Hopwood doesn't even know when the horseshoe was built! :facepalm:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The Grumpy Loyal":2c9kkgqb said:
Well that bodes well when the main man Tony Hopwood doesn't even know when the horseshoe was built! :facepalm:

I was about to mention that... :doh:

For those who can't see, it says in the cover letter that the grandstand is the only part of the ground that hasn't been touched since the rest of the stadium was redeveloped in 1991.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Quizmike":2ubovd00 said:
Further to my other post, the Braehead Arena in Glasgow is a multi-purpose Ice Hockey arena with a capacity of 5300 that also hosts events such as WWE, boxing, Davis Cup tennis, X Factor auditions and concerts by the likes of Beyonce, Oasis and Calvin Harris.

Something like that would be brilliant, especially if Argyle's facilities could be incorporated as well

http://www.braehead-arena.co.uk/Events

It now seems pretty obvious that with a seating capacity of just over 1000 the proposed ice rink development is NOT being seen as an adaptable multi-purpose arena capable of hosting, for example, Plymouth Raiders. Rather, it is an ice rink with some seating.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Well quite clearly I'm not one to shower our illustrious Board with compliments, but having a roof terrace on the new members bar on the current Far Post Club site, is a fantastic addition. Providing of course it truly is an area that will be furnished accordingly and available to sit out on when weather permits.

Mar 21, 2008
Out of interest, and I apologise if this is common knowledge, does anyone know where the raiders will play when Pavilions is knocked down?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The Grumpy Loyal":1n0uup5a said:
Well quite clearly I'm not one to shower our illustrious Board with compliments, but having a roof terrace on the new members bar on the current Far Post Club site, is a fantastic addition. Providing of course it truly is an area that will be furnished accordingly and available to sit out on when weather permits.

Good spot, I hadn't seen that. Yep, little things like that and the club shop entrance through the turnstile facade lend the whole development a good bit of character and difference, that is sorely lacking in most grounds nowadays.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Biggs":2626oj1k said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2626oj1k said:

Good spot, I hadn't seen that. Yep, little things like that and the club shop entrance through the turnstile facade lend the whole development a good bit of character and difference, that is sorely lacking in most grounds nowadays.

The new members bar will only be open to corporate / sponsers until the refurbishment of the grandstand is complete. It will be interesting to know how the club are going to deal with membership (if any) of the sports bar.

Dec 25, 2005
Mutley
Rob_GT4":jpohvnzp said:
Out of interest, and I apologise if this is common knowledge, does anyone know where the raiders will play when Pavilions is knocked down?

The main Pavilions arena isn't being knocked down (it's actually going to be refurbished and expanded). Only the rink and old 'fun' pool are going.

Mar 21, 2008
greenmeadie":1mfbyhia said:
Rob_GT4":1mfbyhia said:

The main Pavilions arena isn't being knocked down (it's actually going to be refurbished and expanded). Only the rink and old 'fun' pool are going.

Cool cheers

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Doctor":25ndjbij said:
Quizmike":25ndjbij said:
Further to my other post, the Braehead Arena in Glasgow is a multi-purpose Ice Hockey arena with a capacity of 5300 that also hosts events such as WWE, boxing, Davis Cup tennis, X Factor auditions and concerts by the likes of Beyonce, Oasis and Calvin Harris.

Something like that would be brilliant, especially if Argyle's facilities could be incorporated as well

http://www.braehead-arena.co.uk/Events

It now seems pretty obvious that with a seating capacity of just over 1000 the proposed ice rink development is NOT being seen as an adaptable multi-purpose arena capable of hosting, for example, Plymouth Raiders. Rather, it is an ice rink with some seating.

But still "just over 1000" more seats than the ice rink it replaces at the Plymouth Pavilions.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
A genuine question knowing nothing at all about ice rinks. If the capacity isn't large enough for competitive ice hockey nor for the Raiders to adapt for competitive basketball then what is the purpose of the 1,000 seats compared to none at The Pavilions?

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Good question jerry, the only things you could use the facility is for recreational skating, maybe trade shows, and with seating on the floor concerts, you could probably get 1000-2000 seats, but then you are taking away revenue from the Pavilions. Personally I think putting 1000 seats in is a waste of money, maybe 50 seats for people who at watching the recreational skating. Based on experience from over hear you need a minimum of 3000 seats, then you are opening up a whole new world of uses for the facility and it could be used 7 days a week.