New Players | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Players

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
Sorry peeps, Don't know a massive amount about Lennox so can't really comment accurately or insightfully, but from the little i do know (spoke to someone else about him) i'd say he was more likely a player for the future rather than someone to come in and make an immediate impact, so don't go expecting to much from the lad.

I know there are always sceptics regarding signing non-league players, but Championship club Brighton don't seem too bothered and have had a bid accepted for the highly promising 18 year old Dorchester striker (or winger) Ben Dickenson. He is another player who has played football in the Wessex League (like Charlie Austin and Jamie White - see below) and originally came through the Southampton youth academy, as did White.

Talking of Jamie White, he scored another 2 goals today to take his tally to 27 goals from just 15 league games.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
tigertony":2y4th5j2 said:
We are all so stupid !!!!
Its been there staring us in the face for days - how have we missed it ??????

SO - why has the t/f of Tevez broken down ?? He's coming to HP - ''get in'' :lol: :lol:

No, not all of us.. :mad:

Dec 8, 2011
I know wikipedia is hardly gospel but working with his parents company 2 days a week feet surely on ground ?

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Wasn't Derek Riordan's name mentioned on here a while back? On trial at Blackpool at the moment according to Sky Sports.

Dec 8, 2011
Ryan Ferguson":37qhe9nq said:
Wasn't Derek Riordan's name mentioned on here a while back? On trial at Blackpool at the moment according to Sky Sports.

Big ask for league 2

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
Michael Hunt":1hl3548b said:
Reckon Redshaw will be playing league football shortly.

Well it looks like he will indeed.

Redshaw spent today training with Morecambe and will be training with them again tomorrow with a view to joining them on a permenent deal. If they do complete the deal i think the idea is to loan him back until the end of the season.

Time is on his side and with regular professional coaching i'm sure he'll fulfill his undoubted football league potential.

Good luck to him.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Hungarian striker Tamas Priskin has left Ipswich Town by mutual consent. The player scored nine goals in 35 starts for Town since joining from Watford in 2009.

Where's he going then???

Dec 5, 2011
Another great spot from Mole re Redshaw, a classy little player and Bentley will develop him well.

Scott Spencer would struggle to make the step up in my opinion having seen him a handful of times.

Any thoughts Mole?

Dec 8, 2011
Michael Hunt":3axvkc07 said:
Another great spot from Mole re Redshaw, a classy little player and Bentley will develop him well.

Scott Spencer would struggle to make the step up in my opinion having seen him a handful of times.

Any thoughts Mole?

Got a feeling you are mole ? And make the step up isn't it like 2 leagues ? Hardly a gamble raw talent,

Nov 13, 2011
Underground
Michael Hunt":2yeeysj8 said:

Any thoughts Mole?

I think Spencer could potentially do a job at Conf Prem level, possibly with a bit of improving in certain areas could also step up to L2 and score goals. It's worth remembering Spencer scored 4 goals in 6 starts for Southend and that was at L1 level. He did flop the following season in L2 though i might add.

Too many doubts surrounding Scott Spencer for my liking, which is why i didn't include him.

Another striker to keep an eye on is Leamington's 19 year old Jacob Blyth. He is a powerfully built player, has decent aerial ability, good finishing ability and a bit of pace. I know there are scouts watching him and i believe he spent a few days on trial at Birmingham City and scored in a friendly against Southampton on Tuesday. Along with Ryan Rowe (and Craig Hammond possibly) i'd say Blyth is the best striker playing in the Southern Prem.

And for Lew1988's benefit i am not Michael Hunt, i don't know how i could prove that i'm not (IP address possibly - i'm a technophobe unfortunately so wouldn't know), but take my word for it - i'm not.

For the record I would've used the name Hugh Janus if i was going to make a second account.