New poster coming in peace to discuss my new book!!! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New poster coming in peace to discuss my new book!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2017
IJN":34cuq5fy said:
As you can see rejected - earl grey would be a crap proof reader!! :lol:

:) :) - indid the whole book myself. There are two mistakes in it I know of so I can't say anything!!

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
IJN":16wngv5y said:
As you can see rejected - earl grey would be a crap proof reader!! :lol:

You know it, can I pull out my dyslexia disability card? Nah thought not...it's a good job I'm pretty

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Back in the very late 50's the Black Cats had an excellent centre back called Charlie Hurley. When he had a page written about him in the old Charles Buchan Football Monthly, he was quoted as saying 'I am in gear on the Wear'. That has always stuck with me as amusing down the decades. It appears your team could do with 3 Hurleys in their defence presently, but hope springs eternal for Sunderland!

Oct 31, 2015
Good luck with this venture buddy. Always love a bit of a laugh. I have some very happy memories of Sunderland the city and some good days out at the stadium of light and Roker park. Superb city and fans

Jan 15, 2017
Quintrell_Green":17fd6qjl said:
Back in the very late 50's the Black Cats had an excellent centre back called Charlie Hurley. When he had a page written about him in the old Charles Buchan Football Monthly, he was quoted as saying 'I am in gear on the Wear'. That has always stuck with me as amusing down the decades. It appears your team could do with 3 Hurleys in their defence presently, but hope springs eternal for Sunderland!
Who's the greatest centre half the world has ever seen? Charlie Hurley is his name. Charlie Charlie Hurley.

Jan 15, 2017
rsp4":37et2s8p said:
Good luck with this venture buddy. Always love a bit of a laugh. I have some very happy memories of Sunderland the city and some good days out at the stadium of light and Roker park. Superb city and fans

Thank you, that is much appreciated. Same likewise. It is almost like, the longer the journey the better the awayday!! And we couldn't get much further. I've done a pre season friendly in France which was closer than away at Plymouth!!

Nov 9, 2008
Just downloaded on my iPhone with the kindle app (amazing app for anyone interested). First quick read and so far I'm thoroughly impressed. Excuse me for being crass but it's perfect toilet reading material. Good job.

Jan 15, 2017
TPG Extreme":l7fwmlw6 said:
Just downloaded on my iPhone with the kindle app (amazing app for anyone interested). First quick read and so far I'm thoroughly impressed. Excuse me for being crass but it's perfect toilet reading material. Good job.

:) :) - no need for an excuse. It took a while but so many people have said hat. PERFECT material to read a bit, laugh loudly, put down then pick up at a different point. I now take toilet material as a compliment!!
Thanks for the feedback.

Apr 30, 2015
davie nine":b8u5f51c said:
indid the whole book myself.
It took a while but so many people have said hat

Let me know if you need someone to edit your next book ;)

I had an e-mail from a work colleague once asking me to proofread a document for her. The subject line of the e-mail was "Prooreading request".
Not sure if she was testing me out or not but I chose to point it out anyway!

Jan 6, 2004
are you the guy who previously published 2 (very funny) books of correspondence in which he writes with ridiculous ideas to companies or have you "borrowed" his idea?

A good friend of mine is a maths and sports teacher at a very well known local school, and produced a similar brilliant wind-up. At the time of the England manager vacancy which was ultimately filled by Roy hodgson, he wrote to the FA advising that his current commitments prevented him from being considered for the England manager role, and would they please write to him confirming he was not on the short list. Assuming he was simply an amiable eccentric, the FA duly obliged. He 'inadvertently' left the letter on the corner of his desk near his nosey pupils. Within two hours he had become a schoolboy sensation having been considered for the England role. He says that football coaching became a doddle after that, as they hung on to his every word!

Jan 15, 2017
Green_Flash":3mhnsfgv said:
are you the guy who previously published 2 (very funny) books of correspondence in which he writes with ridiculous ideas to companies or have you "borrowed" his idea?

Not me no, heard about them since!! Might have a read one day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.