No home pre-season game (update - v Reading U21) | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

No home pre-season game (update - v Reading U21)

Dec 3, 2005
Monster Green":3ld7fof5 said:
We are playing Readings 3rd team, in effect. Not the first team, not the reserves. I'm sure they will be technically good, probably quiet athletic. That said, we should be playing someone's first team, from league 1. But we aren't, so let's move on.

What disappoints me tho, is that the club have made it annoyingly awkward to pay a reasonable entrance fee. For those that may have gone, to get tickets in advance to save 2 quid will more than likely put them off. Why don't they just charge £5 for adults and £3 for everyone else? We'll be lucky to get 3k through the turnstiles I'm afraid

3,000!!!! you are having a laugh, arn't you? :funny:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
djg145":2we62xal said:
Monster Green":2we62xal said:
We are playing Readings 3rd team, in effect. Not the first team, not the reserves. I'm sure they will be technically good, probably quiet athletic. That said, we should be playing someone's first team, from league 1. But we aren't, so let's move on.

What disappoints me tho, is that the club have made it annoyingly awkward to pay a reasonable entrance fee. For those that may have gone, to get tickets in advance to save 2 quid will more than likely put them off. Why don't they just charge £5 for adults and £3 for everyone else? We'll be lucky to get 3k through the turnstiles I'm afraid

No 3k .. Kev, Kieran and Kev's sister .. Kath!! :lol:

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
djg145":3ac70ise said:
Monster Green":3ac70ise said:

Think they will be lucky to have half that through the gate to watch what is in effect a championship u21 team.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
Argyle-sy":2ec71gfe said:
djg145":2ec71gfe said:
Monster Green":2ec71gfe said:

Think they will be lucky to have half that through the gate to watch what is in effect a championship u21 team.
I thought people would want to watch their own team?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
...depends on who argyle are playing ...if its a premiership team then a good crowd is obvious and maybe a profit as well...Reading under 21's you're having a laugh....embarassing at best...most unprofessional at worst...and the club has the neck to charge an extra £2 on the day...you couldn't make it up...

Apr 28, 2015
Cornwall
Trev501":12v9vz3l said:
Argyle-sy":12v9vz3l said:
djg145":12v9vz3l said:
Monster Green":12v9vz3l said:

I thought people would want to watch their own team?
It would be a bit boring just watching eleven players all game.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Even chain-admin-cheats Pompey have an equally shameful training game schedule faeturing away at gills and Coventry. But maybe they're developing their stadium.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Let's be careful of what we say about him.

His legal people went mightily close to sueing this site about 6 years ago and I'd hate a repeat of that nonsense!

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
oddball":1mfw3e27 said:
...depends on who argyle are playing ...if its a premiership team then a good crowd is obvious and maybe a profit as well...Reading under 21's you're having a laugh....embarassing at best...most unprofessional at worst...and the club has the neck to charge an extra £2 on the day...you couldn't make it up...
Spot on.

Feb 25, 2007
St Blazey
Would be nice to get to play in Germany or something like that. Ipswich played out there this week and had around 650 out there following them. Fantastic support for pre season.

May 22, 2006
The game against Forest Green may be our last chance to play at Nailsworth as they have announced plans for a £100M new stadium. For that they can accommodate 5,000 supporters but with the capability to double the size. It will be near J13 of M5.

They are bankrolled by an Eco power guy ( who recently had to pay his ex wife millions despite splitting from her 20 years ago).

Many of our supporters would love such a sugar daddy but be warned. The owner also enforces a red meat ban on players and produce sold on match days. That would mean no more pasties.

Details on bbc sport page.