Northampton predictions | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Northampton predictions

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Blizzard typically puts in an 8 out of 10 game at home and a solid but uspectacular 6 on the road.

O'Connor, Cox and Bobby Reid for me. Allow Bobby to really play in a free role behind the strikers more so than the box to box role he usually is involved in.

Or perhaps even Cox, Norburn and Bobby with O'Connor/Mellor as wing-backs: on the basis that Purrington is not yet match fit and Kellett is another home games player.

GreenSam":kuyktlsr said:
Blizzard typically puts in an 8 out of 10 game at home and a solid but uspectacular 6 on the road.

O'Connor, Cox and Bobby Reid for me. Allow Bobby to really play in a free role behind the strikers more so than the box to box role he usually is involved in.

Or perhaps even Cox, Norburn and Bobby with O'Connor/Mellor as wing-backs: on the basis that Purrington is not yet match fit and Kellett is another home games player.
For me, Norburn doesn't offer anything Blizzard doesn't, and what he does offer is less good than Blizzard.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Anyone travelling down from the Greater Manchester area by car and wanting a passenger and generous petrol money please pm thanks. Prediction 1-1

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I'm looking forward to this - a rare away trip after picking up my eldest from Uni at Reading on Saturday morning and (rather randomly) delivering a load of Dartmoor Brewery Jail Ale to someone in Reading I have never met before...

I think Argyle need a good performance to get back on track and stay in touch with the leading pack. If McHugh is fit then I think Sheridan will revert to 3-5-2 with Mellor and Kellett as wing-backs, O'Connor, Reid and Blizzard in midfield and Reid and Alessandra up front.

I'll go 2-1 to Argyle for no particularly good reason.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
A word of caution. Northampton Saints are at home this week too, also kicking off at 3pm and expect a crowd of around 13,000. Added to that the onslaught of Christmas shoppers, be prepared for traffic chaos.
Getting buses/taxi's from the train station isn't going to be easy - so if you do like to be drinking as late as possible before leaving, be prepared to jog/walk quickly to the ground.
I would also say from bitter experience, that Sixfields tends to 10 degrees colder than anywhere else in the country, i'm not sure of the science behind it - but it will be freezing cold in the away end.

Dec 7, 2006
Dismal 2-0 defeat. (Which will maybe beg the question of whether the wheels are beginning to fall off again?). Hope I'm wrong. :sad:

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Luke

Nelson
McHugh
Hartley

O'Connor
Cox
Blizzard
B.Reid
Mellor

R.Reid
Alessandra

Bench: Bittner, Purrington, Norburn, Kellett, Thomas, Banton, Morgan.

0-0 draw.