Northampton v Argyle match thread | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Northampton v Argyle match thread

Mar 23, 2008
What a great away win, if we can pick up our away form with our home record we will take some stopping.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Would've preferrd a better goal difference but I'll take the thre points over that any day!

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Good to win but 2 new injuries, Blizzard and Nelson key players, hopefully McHugh will be back and Norburn to continue.

Dec 20, 2011
Metal_Green_Mickey":31kx7d92 said:
:scarf: Good Win (as need to just get 3pts away from home)....was abit worried myself after saying this would be confidence boosting. We need to learn as a unit how to kill games better.

Why do people blame the same old people eg Banton.....everything isn't Banton's fault when we concede or don't win. He is just an easy person to target for some. :banghead:

I don't rate him as he doesn't inspire or spark as he comes on lacks skill and confidence loan him out to get back to what he can do.....

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Ottawa Green":255t8vr9 said:
Good to win but 2 new injuries, Blizzard and Nelson key players, hopefully McHugh will be back and Norburn to continue.
My thoughts exactly Ottawa, let's keep our fingers crossed for both. :thumbs:

Apr 30, 2011
I'd rather win 3-2 and rest/avoid injury to Lewi and RR than win 3-0 and have one of them pick up an injury. 3pts in the next game is more important than goal difference.

Apr 28, 2013
We need to get rid of Tyler and Banton in January. Or at least bring in some better replacements if we really want to challenge at the top. When we bring on subs, we get a lot worse and shows how important our first team is and if someone gets injured than we will start struggling I think..

L

Leopold

:eh: Holding on for a narrow, nervy win with 10 fit players left on the field, after seemingly cruising toward an emphatic win....?
How do we manage to make its so difficult for ourselves? And what is the prognosis to emerge from Nelson's injury, not mentioning any conclusions which may be drawn from the effect of the substitutions and our tendency to concede a goal close to the end of a half?
I need to see it with my own eyes---once I can afford to get out again!
Oh, and Re; Banton: I remember seeing him two seasons ago as a purposeful and pretty efficient striker. Can anyone tell me what has happened?
GO GREENS!
Leopold.

Dec 20, 2011
Posty posted Banton the only player who didn't go over to celebrate the win with the Green Army

get rid in January I say

Jul 6, 2005
Steve.PAFC2012":2aziatls said:
Ade the green":2aziatls said:
RELEGATION form over the last 5 minutes. :sigh:
The sort of thing we'll probably see from demportdave later :lol:

Never going to happen because I was one of the 500-odd Argyle fans who was actually up there, unlike you who's views and opinions are based on what you hear from Sparksy and sundry other happy-clappers.

And just for the record, unlike some of the understandably nervous people sat around me, I didn't criticise Argyle for nearly throwing away a 3-goal lead. The first goal was caused by the indecision of the otherwise excellent Nelson and O'Connor but their second goal was a fantastic strike and that's how football goes sometimes. But in the end, we held on for a desperately needed away win and showed that we can score away from home.

It would have been nice if Banton had not wasted the great chance he had to kill them off and give us what would have been a deserved 3-goal win on the day. Perhaps you and the other Argyle fans who thought he was some sort of lower League superstar will now see him for what he really is, a pretty average replacement for Cowan-Hall.

This good win doesn't disguise the fact that if we lose our 3 loanees in January we will probably struggle to even make the play-offs, never mind automatic promotion. Fans need to be realistic and not get carried away and get ahead of themselves, there is still more than half the season to go and those three players will be very hard to replace for the final 20 games.

There's plenty who care as much about Argyle as me but absolutely none who care more, but that doesn't mean I have to wear green glasses and write a load of drivel, like your good self Steve.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
demportdave":2wiacu8s said:
Steve.PAFC2012":2wiacu8s said:
Ade the green":2wiacu8s said:
RELEGATION form over the last 5 minutes. :sigh:
The sort of thing we'll probably see from demportdave later :lol:

Never going to happen because I was one of the 500-odd Argyle fans who was actually up there, unlike you who's views and opinions are based on what you hear from Sparksy and sundry other happy-clappers.

And just for the record, unlike some of the understandably nervous people sat around me, I didn't criticise Argyle for nearly throwing away a 3-goal lead. The first goal was caused by the indecision of the otherwise excellent Nelson and O'Connor but their second goal was a fantastic strike and that's how football goes sometimes. But in the end, we held on for a desperately needed away win and showed that we can score away from home.

It would have been nice if Banton had not wasted the great chance he had to kill them off and give us what would have been a deserved 3-goal win on the day. Perhaps you and the other Argyle fans who thought he was some sort of lower League superstar will now see him for what he really is, a pretty average replacement for Cowan-Hall.

This good win doesn't disguise the fact that if we lose our 3 loanees in January we will probably struggle to even make the play-offs, never mind automatic promotion. Fans need to be realistic and not get carried away and get ahead of themselves, there is still more than half the season to go and those three players will be very hard to replace for the final 20 games.

There's plenty who care as much about Argyle as me but absolutely none who care more, but that doesn't mean I have to wear green glasses and write a load of drivel, like your good self Steve.
Dave I am the complete opposite of a green tint and a happy clapper. I will praise when we win and criticise if we lose(depends in what manner)