On the bright side... (local derbies) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

On the bright side... (local derbies)

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
local derbies will come thick and fast next season,in fact the league is looking very much like the old 3rd division (south) in years gone by....no teams stick out as nailed on certs for promotion either so it will be interesting to see who the bookies favourites are....surely it must be Argyle...

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
oddball":bnyefdc3 said:
local derbies will come thick and fast next season,in fact the league is looking very much like the old 3rd division (south) in years gone by....no teams stick out as nailed on certs for promotion either so it will be interesting to see who the bookies favourites are....surely it must be Argyle...

There are a few traditional D3S teams missing though. Southampton, Swansea, Palace, Bournemouth and Watford. I wonder what happened to them? :whistle:

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":1iu43p8o said:
Monster Green":1iu43p8o said:
Devon derby is perfectly ok for me. Not westcountry, dockyard etc etc. Exeter are our rivals, same County, 30 mins up the road

I was going to concede to that...... and then you said 30 minutes! :lol:

OK, maybe a little more then :)

Jul 29, 2010
Lundan Cabbie":1xo5ycyn said:
loyal1970":1xo5ycyn said:
Lundan Cabbie":1xo5ycyn said:
Monster Green":1xo5ycyn said:
The only 'derby' of any relevance to me is the Exeter one. The rest really aren't local and I treat them the same as any other match. And please, it's a Devon derby, not a flipping Expressway derby, or whatever Errington insists on calling it

And even that is over 40 miles away.

I think it is a case of clubs who don't have another team within their town or city, feel left out because they don't have a true derby and have to invent one and use terms like "old farm" or "expressway" to justify it
so a derby's only a derby if there in the same city/town then is it, so what about your BIG match with bha.

It's a big match because they're our main rivals but that doesn't make it a derby.

So it's not called the A23 derby then?

Oh wait a second, yes it is :whistle:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
X Isle":3lys1ttu said:
Lundan Cabbie":3lys1ttu said:
loyal1970":3lys1ttu said:
Lundan Cabbie":3lys1ttu said:
Monster Green":3lys1ttu said:
The only 'derby' of any relevance to me is the Exeter one. The rest really aren't local and I treat them the same as any other match. And please, it's a Devon derby, not a flipping Expressway derby, or whatever Errington insists on calling it

I think it is a case of clubs who don't have another team within their town or city, feel left out because they don't have a true derby and have to invent one and use terms like "old farm" or "expressway" to justify it
so a derby's only a derby if there in the same city/town then is it, so what about your BIG match with bha.

It's a big match because they're our main rivals but that doesn't make it a derby.

Yet another media tag

A

andyr1963

Monster Green":2aolie9t said:

A38 El Classico :greensmile:

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Monster Green":2dd17jrk said:
Devon derby is perfectly ok for me. Not westcountry, dockyard etc etc. Exeter are our rivals, same County, 30 mins up the road

As a poster on another site would say "Look how far we've come" when seeing Exeter as our rivals.

MG, Im not saying you are wrong, currently, you are perfectly correct, but that is part of our own malaise in my view.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Lundan Cabbie":3e2f8fhb said:
X Isle":3e2f8fhb said:
loyal1970":3e2f8fhb said:
Monster Green":3e2f8fhb said:

Yet another media tag

The Gatwick Grapple?

Jul 6, 2005
The following games are all within the Network railcard area. I know that this only starts at Exeter.

Yeovil,Leyton Orient,Crawley,Barnet,Stevenage,Luton,Exeter,Oxford, Dagenham & Redbridge,Wimbledon,Portsmouth,Northampton and either Wycombe or Southend. In addition Newport and Bristol Rovers are easy trips.

M

MikeN

As much as I'd rather not be playing them, we are where we are now, and I quite fancy the trips to Yeovil and Brizzle. Hopefully they're Saturday games, as that increases the chances of turning them in beery weekends.

C

Cobi Budge.

To be honest I couldn't care less, would much rather be going to Fleetwood or Scunthorpe on a cold Tuesday night. Just want to be up and out of this league.

ngb

Dec 2, 2006
Sunny Germany.
As an exile returning to Somerset, I am ridiculously excited by these "derbies" - and the opportunity to come home to the theatre of Greens again. Hope the football will improve, but after 7 years of The Bundesliga I can categorically state that even crowds of 45,000 + can never replace the buzz of your own team, in their own ground. I even missed the Ginsters, for gods sake!
Roll on August!