Our responsibility | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Our responsibility

Oct 24, 2013
up_the_line":3v17glp5 said:
lyndhurst green":3v17glp5 said:
Before I start this, let me say that I do not think we have had a good start to the season. I am grateful to be able to watch professional football in my city, but I don’t use that as an excuse as to why the performances this season should be viewed as fine. I don’t want DA sacked, but neither do I think that we don’t need to improve. I am just an Argyle supporter with no agenda, no hidden messages.

Tomorrow, we need to step up. Not expecting the worst and then grumbling in the stands and on here should it come to pass. Not giving the players stick when a pass goes astray or a shot goes over the bar. We should go to HP to support DA and the team for 90 minutes plus injury time.

Don’t tell me you go there to be entertained and that isn’t happening; this is football, not WWE. Don’t tell me you pay the player’s wages, you can do what you like; a season ticket is what £450? So on fag packet maths you pay for one player’s wage, averaged out, for 5/6 days. Don’t tell me you don’t trust DA anymore; he has worked hard enough to earn more respect than that and has brought us back to the level our club should be. Don’t tell me the recruitment hasn’t been good enough; the club has a budget, DA has cut his cloth accordingly and it is too early in the season to generalise and write off half the squad.

For two hours, let’s stop the negativity, the bickering, the infighting and support the team, which is why I perhaps naively thought people went in the first place. If you can’t do that, don’t go.

COYG.

Thanks for the advice
Already decided not to bother. And before you crack on about what a sh1tty fan I must be this is the first ever game where I've been in Plymouth and decided it's just not something I want to do for 2 hours.. Even the wins in DA style kind of put a downer on my weekend. Never ever missed an opportunity to go to home park through any era, Shilton, Hodges, Mick Jones, Fletcher, Sheridan. Worse teams in some cases, but never as depressingly negative and frightened as a DA team. The bite back will probably be 'good riddance'... Fair enough, but maybe stop and ask yourself why it is that after 20 odd years, with worse periods based on league position alone, and having clocked up all but 10% of league grounds following the club and shortly after a promotion, this is the first time I just don't want to go.

I genuinely sorry to hear this.

Oct 24, 2013
Balham_Green":2fniagj5 said:
lyndhurst green":2fniagj5 said:
Balham_Green":2fniagj5 said:
Thing is not everybody is fanatical. They DO expect value for money. Its not like the 1950's when there was nothing else to do.
'The level our club should be' - really? And all this stuff re the budget. Have you actually seen it? Sounds like you have been sold well and truly by DA's spin.

A)You don’t have to be fanatical to think that you should get behind the time fully for the whole game.
B) You really think anyone considers value for money important when buying a season ticket? Yet, it is magically of prime importance on match days. And this value for money thing doesn’t apply everywhere I notice; do people boo bad movies and demand refunds because the film didn’t provide suitable value?
C)We are naturally a League One club, pushing for the Championship, in time. Didn’t think that was controversial or contested.
D)No I haven’t seen the budget; have you?! You know who has though? Our manager. So yes, I believe him when he talks about it, as he has the information that neither you or I have. No need to suggest that I have fallen for a massive conspiracy theory for doing so.
E) You forgot COYG.

A) Yes you do. The passers by etc need something to get them going. It comes from the team FIRST. I think Argyle fans are quite patient for the record - Applauded the team off the pitch after losing 4.0 to Scunny! Opposing managers have mentioned the intimidating atmosphere.
B) I'm not talking about season ticket holders.
C) So why did you say we are at the level we should be (2nd bottom League 1)? We are DEFINITELY not pushing for Championship!
D) I am not the one going on about the size of his budget as an excuse. Have you ever heard a manager say my budget is too big/I can buy all the players I want? Naïve if you believe everything he says!

A) Passers by?! Okay....this whole ‘we’ll support the team when they do song worthy of support’ thing is a new one. Certainly not how it used to be.
B) Not talking about season ticket holders? Who then? These random passers by again?
C) You know I don’t mean the exact position we are in now! League One on general is where we belong. You are being a little pedantic there.
D) I don’t see it as an excuse and don’t consider myself naive, sorry. We don’t have millions to spend. DA is just telling it like it is.
E) Tellingly, you forgot COYG again.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Good to read your views Lyndy...Derek Adams has done the best he can with the cards he has been dealt, He came 2 years back knowing exactly the situation, recovering still from administration, knowing James Brent's philosophy towards expenditure, knowing he had a great away following to support his team, Learning how to adjust to lower English league football, having to cope with the high mileage travelling that was required from a club in the far south west,
Supporting the team on the pitch is crucial through thick and thin and I understand your why you feel this way Lyndy, It's nice to answer a football only comment, Good post Lyndy.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Well, it is disappointing when any genuine supporter decides that he has had enough but what surprises me is that UTL has stuck it for so long when most of his posts are knee jerk reactions including last season when we were comfortably promoted.

I hope that he will regret his decision by 1700 tomorrow.

Dec 3, 2005
justanotherfan":o6phfm14 said:
Balham_Green":o6phfm14 said:
lyndhurst green":o6phfm14 said:
Balham_Green":o6phfm14 said:
Thing is not everybody is fanatical. They DO expect value for money. Its not like the 1950's when there was nothing else to do.
'The level our club should be' - really? And all this stuff re the budget. Have you actually seen it? Sounds like you have been sold well and truly by DA's spin.

A)You don’t have to be fanatical to think that you should get behind the time fully for the whole game.
B) You really think anyone considers value for money important when buying a season ticket? Yet, it is magically of prime importance on match days. And this value for money thing doesn’t apply everywhere I notice; do people boo bad movies and demand refunds because the film didn’t provide suitable value?
C)We are naturally a League One club, pushing for the Championship, in time. Didn’t think that was controversial or contested.
D)No I haven’t seen the budget; have you?! You know who has though? Our manager. So yes, I believe him when he talks about it, as he has the information that neither you or I have. No need to suggest that I have fallen for a massive conspiracy theory for doing so.
E) You forgot COYG.

A) Yes you do. The passers by etc need something to get them going. It comes from the team FIRST. I think Argyle fans are quite patient for the record - Applauded the team off the pitch after losing 4.0 to Scunny! Opposing managers have mentioned the intimidating atmosphere.
B) I'm not talking about season ticket holders.
C) So why did you say we are at the level we should be (2nd bottom League 1)? We are DEFINITELY not pushing for Championship!
D) I am not the one going on about the size of his budget as an excuse. Have you ever heard a manager say my budget is too big/I can buy all the players I want? Naïve if you believe everything he says!

I think this is one occasion when BG is nearer the truth than those who advocate blindly supporting Mr Adams regardless. Behind the negativity and volatile posts is a passionate Argyle supporter. :twisted:

At the end of the day - we are ALL passionate supporters of Argyle, why else would we bother turning up to matches and putting time in on here?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
up_the_line":3cz1pgo7 said:
lyndhurst green":3cz1pgo7 said:
Before I start this, let me say that I do not think we have had a good start to the season. I am grateful to be able to watch professional football in my city, but I don’t use that as an excuse as to why the performances this season should be viewed as fine. I don’t want DA sacked, but neither do I think that we don’t need to improve. I am just an Argyle supporter with no agenda, no hidden messages.

Tomorrow, we need to step up. Not expecting the worst and then grumbling in the stands and on here should it come to pass. Not giving the players stick when a pass goes astray or a shot goes over the bar. We should go to HP to support DA and the team for 90 minutes plus injury time.

Don’t tell me you go there to be entertained and that isn’t happening; this is football, not WWE. Don’t tell me you pay the player’s wages, you can do what you like; a season ticket is what £450? So on fag packet maths you pay for one player’s wage, averaged out, for 5/6 days. Don’t tell me you don’t trust DA anymore; he has worked hard enough to earn more respect than that and has brought us back to the level our club should be. Don’t tell me the recruitment hasn’t been good enough; the club has a budget, DA has cut his cloth accordingly and it is too early in the season to generalise and write off half the squad.

For two hours, let’s stop the negativity, the bickering, the infighting and support the team, which is why I perhaps naively thought people went in the first place. If you can’t do that, don’t go.

COYG.

Thanks for the advice
Already decided not to bother. And before you crack on about what a sh1tty fan I must be this is the first ever game where I've been in Plymouth and decided it's just not something I want to do for 2 hours.. Even the wins in DA style kind of put a downer on my weekend. Never ever missed an opportunity to go to home park through any era, Shilton, Hodges, Mick Jones, Fletcher, Sheridan. Worse teams in some cases, but never as depressingly negative and frightened as a DA team. The bite back will probably be 'good riddance'... Fair enough, but maybe stop and ask yourself why it is that after 20 odd years, with worse periods based on league position alone, and having clocked up all but 10% of league grounds following the club and shortly after a promotion, this is the first time I just don't want to go.
i respect your miserable post but wholly disagree with your stance.our club have employed a fine,caring management team and they will graft until everything clicks into place.i am optimistic about our season so far.i have enjoyed the matches and,as far as i see,the team spirit is massive at argyle.no complaints from me.

Jan 20, 2004
Since time began Argyle fans have always moaned even when the team are doing well.

We should be called "Bleddy Rubbish" Argyle instead of "Plymouth"

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i feel it is accurate to say that most fans at all clubs moan when their side are losing or have lost,it is a normal human reaction.we want our side to win.i have been to many away matches down the years and on the rare occasion we have got a good result the home fans boo the side off,i have listened to hundreds of matches also and without fail if the home side lose they get "hammered" by their fans.this has always happened and always will. :thumbup:

May 16, 2016
up_the_line":2f501s16 said:
lyndhurst green":2f501s16 said:

COYG.

Thanks for the advice

To be fair, you've been 'not going again' for quite some time, even during the promotion run ins of the last two Seasons. Your choice of course, let's hope you live to regret not attending as that would mean things have improved and everyones happy.

Sep 17, 2017
Not the hardend fan he makes out to be, up-the-line just had to post something negative rather than carry on with his normal routine of cherry picking games. I accept judging by his location it's harder to get to games than it is for us janners but why the need for the post. I am not a fan of DA, never was, but I accept he's the manager so he and his team get my support, totally.

This post probably won't be read by our friend because he's not bothered anymore so assume PASOTI and all other PAFC related items are off limits.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
PilgrimZ1R":1oxwnbgt said:
Not the hardend fan he makes out to be, up-the-line just had to post something negative rather than carry on with his normal routine of cherry picking games. I accept judging by his location it's harder to get to games than it is for us janners but why the need for the post. I am not a fan of DA, never was, but I accept he's the manager so he and his team get my support, totally.

This post probably won't be read by our friend because he's not bothered anymore so assume PASOTI and all other PAFC related items are off limits.

Lived in Plymouth for the past 4 years. Have attended every home game in that time. In the 10 years I lived in Manchester I attended every time I was in Plymouth and any away game possible. Prior to going to Manchester I attended every home game from the Shilton season onwards until moving.
Cherry picking hahaha.
Genuinely hope they win today. More than that I genuinely hope that the team starts playing in a way that brings some degree of pride.
DAs negative style has turned me cold to my own club.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Great post Lyndhurst and a cracking example of 'Extreme Ownership' (ex-US Navy SEAL Jocko Willink). WHATEVER the circumstances, look not for excuses or people/things to blame but rather for the actions that you can take to resolve things.

Mar 14, 2009
up_the_line":3qyx99lo said:
lyndhurst green":3qyx99lo said:

COYG.

Thanks for the advice

Really? The football isnt great but certainly not worse than the Sheridan era. I'd love to find your posts through his period because if your telling me you were more optimistic about him as manager, given our poor home form and the ability never to come back from losing postions, then to be honest l just think you must be watching a different game from me.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
davie nine":r9knpnyv said:
Well, it is disappointing when any genuine supporter decides that he has had enough but what surprises me is that UTL has stuck it for so long when most of his posts are knee jerk reactions including last season when we were comfortably promoted.

I hope that he will regret his decision by 1700 tomorrow.

Good decision, UTL!!!