Our responsibility | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Our responsibility

Mar 14, 2009
Only one problem with UTL's argument. John Sherdian.

The football was as bad, if not worse. At least under Adams tenure we have come back in some games to get draws. Under Sheridan, we couldn't even do that.

We all agree we are s*** at the moment. Yet one manager and team is worse than us. Yes, a John Sheridan team. So after 3 years of his docile management surely that should have triggered the same emotions and response that is being said now? This is what lm not getting.

So why now? When the standard we are playing is much higher would throw in the towel as a supporter?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
davie nine":yzja5gtv said:
davie nine":yzja5gtv said:
Well, it is disappointing when any genuine supporter decides that he has had enough but what surprises me is that UTL has stuck it for so long when most of his posts are knee jerk reactions including last season when we were comfortably promoted.

I hope that he will regret his decision by 1700 tomorrow.

Good decision, UTL!!!

Went to a beer festival. No reception. Hoped to God I'd tune in and be made to look like a mug. Saddens me so much. Hurts even to see what's happening. Really wished I regretted not going today but sadly, until the expert genius manager who thinks we should be 4-0 up in every game goes I can't see myself out there.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
The Doctor":3jc9hppq said:
Great post Lyndhurst and a cracking example of 'Extreme Ownership' (ex-US Navy SEAL Jocko Willink). WHATEVER the circumstances, look not for excuses or people/things to blame but rather for the actions that you can take to resolve things.

I'm not entirely convinced that Derek Adams is 'owning' the situation his team is in at the moment.

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":1kasojcg said:

The football was as bad, if not worse. At least under Adams tenure we have come back in some games to get draws. Under Sheridan, we couldn't even do that.

We all agree we are s*** at the moment. Yet one manager and team is worse than us. Yes, a John Sheridan team. So after 3 years of his docile management surely that should have triggered the same emotions and response that is being said now? This is what lm not getting.

So why now? When the standard we are playing is much higher would throw in the towel as a supporter?

'Much higher'.. Really!Least we had a decent forward line then. Allesandro and Reid. What happened to Reid. Oh yes Adams didnt want to keep him did he?

Sep 6, 2006
The Doctor":36vstuh7 said:
The Doctor":36vstuh7 said:
Great post Lyndhurst and a cracking example of 'Extreme Ownership' (ex-US Navy SEAL Jocko Willink). WHATEVER the circumstances, look not for excuses or people/things to blame but rather for the actions that you can take to resolve things.

I'm not entirely convinced that Derek Adams is 'owning' the situation his team is in at the moment.

So what actions can be taken 'to resolve things' as you advocate?

Mar 14, 2009
Balham_Green":1p3sdipe said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1p3sdipe said:

'Much higher'.. Really!Least we had a decent forward line then. Allesandro and Reid. What happened to Reid. Oh yes Adams didnt want to keep him did he?

Yeah....much higher....Scunthorpe were a very good team. Allesandro, lol...the guy who couldn't help Hartlepool avoid relegation to the conference??? End of argument lol.

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":1hooe0fj said:
Balham_Green":1hooe0fj said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1hooe0fj said:

Yeah....much higher....Scunthorpe were a very good team. Allesandro, lol...the guy who couldn't help Hartlepool avoid relegation to the conference??? End of argument lol.

OK the opposition is higher (wouldnt say MUCH higher). Course Allesandro was sposed to keep Pools up single handedly wasn't he?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Balham_Green":1qbnazbo said:
The Doctor":1qbnazbo said:
The Doctor":1qbnazbo said:

I'm not arguing it's easy or that there are obvious things he can do that will solve everything. I'm not arguing that things shouldn't be changed or that he is the right person to solve things. The 'extreme ownership' argument is simply that it is no good making excuses, e.g, in this case blaming the budget, the referee etc., instead just you have to focus on what you can do about things. For us fans there are various options - we can support the team during games, we can try to persuade the Board to remove the manager etc. depending on our views. Adams can prepare the players better, change the tactics, give them a rest, work them harder, make signings, work on defending corners etc. What he shouldn't be doing is making excuses.

To try to answer your question: I would simplify the formation to 4-4-2, playing two central strikers or one with Carey behind and two wide players. I'd be selecting the most experienced and disciplined players (e.g. Jervis would be in the side if not injured). I'd be working on defending corners, probably leaving one or two players up to clear some opposition players out of the penalty area. I'd be telling McCormick not to kick long unless we have Blissett in the team (given the current forward options I think I would have him in). I'd not play Gary Miller when Threlkeld is fit.

Sep 6, 2006
The Doctor":36612zef said:
Balham_Green":36612zef said:

I'm not arguing it's easy or that there are obvious things he can do that will solve everything. I'm not arguing that things shouldn't be changed or that he is the right person to solve things. The 'extreme ownership' argument is simply that it is no good making excuses, e.g, in this case blaming the budget, the referee etc., instead just you have to focus on what you can do about things. For us fans there are various options - we can support the team during games, we can try to persuade the Board to remove the manager etc. depending on our views. Adams can prepare the players better, change the tactics, give them a rest, work them harder, make signings, work on defending corners etc. What he shouldn't be doing is making excuses.

To try to answer your question: I would simplify the formation to 4-4-2, playing two central strikers or one with Carey behind and two wide players. I'd be selecting the most experienced and disciplined players (e.g. Jervis would be in the side if not injured). I'd be working on defending corners, probably leaving one or two players up to clear some opposition players out of the penalty area. I'd be telling McCormick not to kick long unless we have Blissett in the team (given the current forward options I think I would have him in). I'd not play Gary Miller when Threlkeld is fit.

'Give them a rest' and 'work harder'!? You think they dont work on defending corners? We havent conceded from them before today for a while.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
B_G - you're not understanding my point which might be my fault for not making it clearly enough but I can't really be bothered to try again! It doesn't matter. I don't know if any of those are true or would help. They were just hypothetical examples.

May 1, 2011
lyndhurst green":2bvmcpmr said:
Bristol Rich":2bvmcpmr said:
Well somebody looks sanctimous green tint now.

Reread the first paragraph of my post and have a word with yourself. Pick your time ffs. Un-fricking believable.

No you need to pipe down and stop lecturing fans on how to behave. Your post was sanctimonious crap.

Sep 6, 2006
Bristol Rich":3nwsmw3u said:
lyndhurst green":3nwsmw3u said:
Bristol Rich":3nwsmw3u said:

Reread the first paragraph of my post and have a word with yourself. Pick your time ffs. Un-fricking believable.

No you need to pipe down and stop lecturing fans on how to behave.

:clap: Do you really expect there to be no bickering and moaning after that type of performance? Fans fault was it?.

Oct 24, 2013
Bristol Rich":24t7etl8 said:
lyndhurst green":24t7etl8 said:
Bristol Rich":24t7etl8 said:

No you need to pipe down and stop lecturing fans on how to behave. Your post was sanctimonious crap.

That is your opinion. Others didn’t share it. No need for personal digs. Thought all views on here were supposed to be given a modicum of respect.