Outland Road Traffic Warning!! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Outland Road Traffic Warning!!

Aug 24, 2011
Just to be clear is this the road coming in from tavistock that's the problem? Going past Toby's carvery etc and towards the ground as it appears on your left?

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Majesticmacc":1ewh5y92 said:
Just to be clear is this the road coming in from tavistock that's the problem? Going past Toby's carvery etc and towards the ground as it appears on your left?

It isn't too bad coming from Roborough, through the George Junction etc. Derriford is a bit mad, but it does flow. The issue happens at the start of the Manadon flyover - carnage is the word.

I'm coming from Plympton, and will be leaving at about 545, parking in Peverell and walking through the park. I hope :cool:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Majesticmacc":2n4fb175 said:

Yes. It was chaos today, the queues started just after Crownhill and past Morrisons just as everyone funnelled into one lane :furious: Once past all this it wasn't too bad but the damage had been done.
Coming back the other way towards Tavistock there were also lane closures with just one lane open and the traffic queued back from the big junction near the Cherry Tree to Home Park.

Hopefully they'll see sense and open the lanes on Wednesday but given the track record of randomly closing roads in Plymouth I don't think they will.

Plymouth - Britain's Roadworks City!

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
freddie2greens":2sasntst said:
i live in beacon park and i can assure you all that the best way to come in is via weston mill exit of a38, turn left by the fire station and up through north prospect.

I believe Freddie to be correct. I would be advising anyone coming in from the East (on A38) to be in RH lane as they pass Sainsburys at Marsh Mills. The tail back on parkway is atrocious for the crownhill turnoff and some evenings will go back to Maarshmills. Coming in from Tavvy, the road goes from 2 lanes into one, just at the point the slip road joins the traffic from the flyover.

Inbound for me on the bus (Derriford) to the Britt, now takes me 3 times as long. this is on non match days! Strongly recommend the WM turn off.

May 16, 2016
stu14":2tz1vy1p said:
Which way would you recommend coming in to Home Park from the bridge?

Budo bypass, then through Swilly past Lidl or turn right, go past Drake and head to St Levans Road.

You can all come in my way. Same junction just use the backroads by taking the small exit before the big tavi/crownhill
one and come in straight through manadon up the hill to chaucerway and take a left where the school used to be with a big
playground still there to spot. Go straight down that road with a left and then another left at the end into the main
road up to boxhill. Up the hill straight through to the lights. You then have the cherry tree to the left if you want to go
across outland road or a right into ham drive. First left when in ham drive leads to a mini roundabout and a right there
is into the beacon park area which is used by many fans to park and then walk. If you carry straight on down that road
a left at the first lights takes you to the big roundabout below the britannia and then up to the car park.

D

Darren Stoneman

Plymouth city council will be reducing all roadworks for the evening and have arranged for the A38 to be cleared on the parkway. Park & ride will also be operating and Target doubling buses. I would however recommend using city centre parking as BT will be taking up a number of spaces in the P&R car park, I will post the bus timetables from Western Approach to Home Park ASAP

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Great news thanks for the information Darren.

Pasoti eh? What a site.

Communication at its very best.

May 8, 2011
Darren Stoneman":3k1m8rvm said:
Plymouth city council will be reducing all roadworks for the evening and have arranged for the A38 to be cleared on the parkway. Park & ride will also be operating and Target doubling buses. I would however recommend using city centre parking as BT will be taking up a number of spaces in the P&R car park, I will post the bus timetables from Western Approach to Home Park ASAP

Unless the P&R buses are running back to the City Centre after the game, people will struggle for buses back to town as the Citybus evening service is very infrequent. It would be quicker to walk back.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Majesticmacc":m02wksrn said:
... and how do you know this?

Darren is involved with traffic and parking within Plymouth.

It's Kosher information that's for sure.