PASOTI Player of the Season? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

PASOTI Player of the Season?

PASOTI Player of the Season?

• Lewis Alessandra

Votes: 44 19.6%
  • Jason Banton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hamza Bencherif

• Durrell Berry

• Andre Blackman

• Max Blanchard

• Dom Blizzard

• Rommy Boco

• Guy Branston

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Cameron Dawson

• Jake Cole

• Andres Gurrieri

• Andrew Hannah

• Tyler Harvey

• Paul Hayes

• Conor Hourihane

Votes: 17 7.6%
  • Ryan Lane

• Caolan Lavery

• Matt Lecointe

• Luke McCormick

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Marvin Morgan

• Curtis Nelson

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Tope Obadeyi

• Matt Parsons

• Ben Purrington

• Jamie Reckord

• Jamie Richards

• Reuben Reid

Votes: 128 57.1%
  • Enoch Showunmi

• Nathan Thomas

• Neal Trotman

• Isaac Vassell

• Paul Wotton

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Luke Young

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cobi Budge.

In fairness Andrew, Gurrieri has been our hardest worker this year, the guy never stops, so much passion.

May 22, 2006
Cobi Budge.":2k69ojxy said:
In fairness Andrew, Gurrieri has been our hardest worker this year, the guy never stops, so much passion.

Yeah but there's passion and there's ability. Give any of us a shirt and we'd show plenty of the former.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
MannameadGreen":2ibbod1x said:
Andrew Owen":2ibbod1x said:
Cobi Budge.":2ibbod1x said:

Yeah but there's passion and there's ability. Give any of us a shirt and we'd show plenty of the former.
It's the same people who wanted us to keep Warren Feeney.
Even Sheridan wanted us to keep Warren Feeney, but, he turned us down to go into coaching at Salisbury

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
It was never actually confirmed that Sheridan wanted to keep Feeney though, was it? I thought he left before the verdict of his trial was ever announced. He may have wanted to let him go anyway.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I can't seem to find it but i read/heard at the time that we'd offered him a contract and he turned us down for Salisbury

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Hmm. I thought it was just announced that he'd signed for them with no word as to whether we'd offered him a deal or otherwise.

C

Cobi Budge.

Criticise Feeney's ability all you like (I thought he was alright, link up play and passing superb), but he was a great club servant, here throughout the months of no pay and possibly the hardest worker I've ever seen play for us, top guy.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Cobi Budge.":64eohmf7 said:
Criticise Feeney's ability all you like (I thought he was alright, link up play and passing superb), but he was a great club servant, here throughout the months of no pay and possibly the hardest worker I've ever seen play for us, top guy.

Agreed I liked him, he made a nuisance of himself in the area and as you say his link up play was very good. I would have to liked to have seen him play alongside a natural goalscorer. Playing him either up front on his own creating space for imaginary strikers or alongside Chadders who was a target man himself, also looking to support a goalscorer rather than score himself was never going to work in all honesty.

Of course he wasn't a world beater but what were we expecting for our money (or lack of it) back when Peter Reid was scraping together a team on the promise that they might be paid at some point? Hard worker, team player and a top bloke; that was exactly what we were after that summer, he came in and did the job. Its not his fault the club didn't have the money to find the goalscorer for him to support.

B

Big Kev

1. Reuben Reid
2. Curtis Nelson
3. Lewis Alessandra
4. Conor Hourihane
5. Luke McCormick

Ollieargyle9":3bm9ujpc said:
Cobi Budge.":3bm9ujpc said:

Agreed I liked him, he made a nuisance of himself in the area and as you say his link up play was very good. I would have to liked to have seen him play alongside a natural goalscorer. Playing him either up front on his own creating space for imaginary strikers or alongside Chadders who was a target man himself, also looking to support a goalscorer rather than score himself was never going to work in all honesty.

Of course he wasn't a world beater but what were we expecting for our money (or lack of it) back when Peter Reid was scraping together a team on the promise that they might be paid at some point? Hard worker, team player and a top bloke; that was exactly what we were after that summer, he came in and did the job. Its not his fault the club didn't have the money to find the goalscorer for him to support.
I know he was a great servant to the club, a hard worker and he was a decent veteran signing for a club with literally no money - and a fans' favourite because of this. I think's he's a top bloke, I'll always have a soft spot for him and I wish him the best of luck in the future.

But last pre-season, we were a club looking for a upper-mid-table finish under an experienced manager. Feeney was a pest and a decent passer but not strong enough to hold the ball up effectively, too small to win many headers, not skilful or deft at all and was coming off the back of a campaign where he scored one goal that wasn't a penalty. One goal! I know there are centre-forwards who don't have to score regularly to be effective but one goal a season just isn't good enough.

Reid and Alessandra are hard-working pests too, but it's hardly mentioned because they're also technically gifted - unlike Warren Feeney.

Status
Not open for further replies.