Peterborough game | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Peterborough game

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
£26 for a League One match (£27.35 per ticket if you are unable to get to Home Park to buy in person) does seem ridiculously high.

Have already bought train tickets from London to Peterborough so assuming we can collect the tickets on the day (fingers crossed!) we will still go.

That price will put off plenty of people though. If I hadn't already made plans, I would be a little reluctant to go on the principle of their pricing.

I like to be philosophical about things where possible though, so will view the price of a pair of tickets to see Argyle play at Peterborough and Bristol City as pretty reasonable (£36 ish).

Feb 24, 2008
Just a bit steep!!!. £26 before the day of the game. I won't be spending any cash in the ground if they are going to robb me beforehand.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
pastiesforlife":o4kkxmdp said:
Sean":o4kkxmdp said:
https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2017/july/peterborough-ticket-information/

Tickets on sale from Tuesday at a bargain £26 for adults :shocked:

Twenty is plenty for away supporters in the Premier League but not for away supports in League 1. Football is madness.

Supporters' groups may be calling for it but at the moment it is £30 which is very good compared to these League One prices. Getting an away ticket in the Prem even at thirty quid is a nightmare most of the time. Firstly I must be a member (costing £55) and then I get a one day window five weeks before the game and have to hope that I have enough loyalty points to book a ticket. It's not all rosy up there ya know.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Lundan Cabbie":1x6t0rbq said:
pastiesforlife":1x6t0rbq said:
Sean":1x6t0rbq said:
https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2017/july/peterborough-ticket-information/

Tickets on sale from Tuesday at a bargain £26 for adults :shocked:

Twenty is plenty for away supporters in the Premier League but not for away supports in League 1. Football is madness.

Supporters' groups may be calling for it but at the moment it is £30 which is very good compared to these League One prices. Getting an away ticket in the Prem even at thirty quid is a nightmare most of the time. Firstly I must be a member (costing £55) and then I get a one day window five weeks before the game and have to hope that I have enough loyalty points to book a ticket. It's not all rosy up there ya know.
Not all clubs are quite as bad as Palace though. I got away tickets watching Man City (at Palace) and Middlesbrough (at Chelsea) last season with no booking history or membership. Also could've watched Sunderland at Arsenal, but decided against it.

Jul 29, 2010
My heart bleeds Cabbie :lol:

In all seriousness though, as well as nearly every ground being a soulless identikit wraparound, international weekends and TV scheduling changes, the battle to secure tickets was one of the increasingly dull annoyances of life in the Championship.

I know we all strive to get to Premiership ourselves ultimately, but as we put the lower leagues in the rear view mirror one day I for one will look back fondly on simpler times, nicer towns and far less hassle. Not to say I'd wish to go back, just to recognise as Cabbie says, some of the jam gets sucked out of the fan experience doughnut the higher you go.

May 22, 2006
Posh are at Cheltenham on Saturday. Might we worth Argyle sending somebody on a scouting mission. Having said that, Cheltenham have been dire in friendlies so far, losing to Oxford City, Bath City, and WsM. They also lost 3-0 tonight at home to Bristol City in the Johnson's Cup.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Adam_R":33n5me8f said:
See they have just bought/signed Steven Taylor (ex Newcastle defender). Only 31, should do a good job if injuries don't affect him

I agree, although he's only gone past 10 games per season in the last 6 or 7 seasons. Would rather take Bradley.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Emu":jlge2rrf said:
Adam_R":jlge2rrf said:
See they have just bought/signed Steven Taylor (ex Newcastle defender). Only 31, should do a good job if injuries don't affect him

I agree, although he's never gone past 10 games per season in the last 6 or 7 seasons. Would rather take Bradley.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Adam_R":35t7g91a said:

Of course, had he signed for Argyle, the "ageists" would have been ramping up the fact that he is, in fact, at 31, over the hill!

:)

May 22, 2006
pastiesforlife":34c4m5ct said:
Posh are at Cheltenham on Saturday. Might we worth Argyle sending somebody on a scouting mission. Having said that, Cheltenham have been dire in friendlies so far, losing to Oxford City, Bath City, and WsM. They also lost 3-0 tonight at home to Bristol City in the Johnson's Cup.

Ft: Cheltenham (1) 1 Posh (1) 5

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
That cheat Taylor has not played much football the last couple years has he.
Hopefully the failure will continue, and his play acting will only see him back at Wycombe where he belongs.
26 quid, no ta.