Play off prefer? Wycombe, Bury or Southend | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Play off prefer? Wycombe, Bury or Southend

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Southend surely can't continue their fantastic run for ever?

Potentially tricky visit to the Globe for them next weekend.

Aug 4, 2011
We really shouldn't be fearing any of the above mentioned sides. But wycombe in the semis and stevenage at wembley and the chance to have the last laugh over that prat Westley would be my preference.

Jul 19, 2014
I'd also love to wipe the smile off Graham Westley's face, but feel a playoff final with Stevenage would be boring, scrappy and completely void of entertainment.

Still, I'd rather win a crap playoff final than lose an exciting one!

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
To a point I think that the form book will go out of the window and become more like a cup game, it will be more of a case of who wants it more and who takes it's chances. All four teams are going to be very wary of each other knowing on their day any one of the teams can beat the other but given the choice it would be Wycombe we give a good seeing to. :D :scarf:

C

Cobi Budge.

If we have to play them I'd rather have Bury over two legs and Stevenage or Wycombe in the final. Wembley is a big pitch and I feel that we'd be able to open up and exploit compact sides like Stevenage & Wycombe (and Southend for that matter), however I feel we ourselves would be exploited by Bury on the Wembley pitch, it would be best if we had the home advantage for one of our games against them.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Cobi Budge.":90grgh5m said:
If we have to play them I'd rather have Bury over two legs and Stevenage or Wycombe in the final. Wembley is a big pitch and I feel that we'd be able to open up and exploit compact sides like Stevenage & Wycombe (and Southend for that matter), however I feel we ourselves would be exploited by Bury on the Wembley pitch, it would be best if we had the home advantage for one of our games against them.

Sound logic that I agree with

Feb 24, 2009
Paignton, Devon
jerryatricjanner":23g9xmmo said:
Definitely not Southend for me. The form team with the best keeper in the division. Bury also in really good form. Wycombe hopefully as they will be on a downer but it is unlikely results will pan out to make it possible.

Personally, I don't care. Burnley in '94 showed it becomes a bit of a lottery, very painfully I might add :mad:

Sorry Jerry, Southend may have the best defence (in recent games), Argyle, with Luke, have the best goalkeeper and his stats over his career show that :scarf: ;)

G

greengiant1886

As said before me, I think that Wycombe would be the best to have because they will not have a great morale having dropped out of the promotion places. Also, their team appears to be the weakest on paper but then there is a reason why they are above us.

Southend would be far more difficult, but I would still fancy us over the two legs. They have a good side, but so do we. Unfortunately, they have hit some good form, and so a formidable but not impossible task would sit in front of us.

Bury. I think that we would be obliterated. They have an absolutely quality midfield, and Mayor is a great winger. We have all seen how poorly we play when we come up against a side with good wingers. At home would be tough enough, but then to go away to Gigg Lane as well would, I fear, be an embarrassment.

Whoever we get will be tough, and I just hope that we will be thanking our lucky stars that we came seventh rather than sixth.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
greengiant1886":1emhcpv5 said:
As said before me, I think that Wycombe would be the best to have because they will not have a great morale having dropped out of the promotion places. Also, their team appears to be the weakest on paper but then there is a reason why they are above us.

Southend would be far more difficult, but I would still fancy us over the two legs. They have a good side, but so do we. Unfortunately, they have hit some good form, and so a formidable but not impossible task would sit in front of us.

Bury. I think that we would be obliterated. They have an absolutely quality midfield, and Mayor is a great winger. We have all seen how poorly we play when we come up against a side with good wingers. At home would be tough enough, but then to go away to Gigg Lane as well would, I fear, be an embarrassment.

Whoever we get will be tough, and I just hope that we will be thanking our lucky stars that we came seventh rather than sixth.
Obliterated, really? I know it's a contact sport but blimey, thank christ we don't have to play Chelski as i'd hate to think WTF would happen, bleddin Armageddon. :lol:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
We missed Reuben for the game against Bury at Home Park and also there was no Blizzard (well unlikely in early spring anyway!!). I seem to recall nothing sticking up-front and the ball coming straight back at us. The away game we started with a very strange line-up and looked the better team second-half.