Play off prefer? Wycombe, Bury or Southend | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Play off prefer? Wycombe, Bury or Southend

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Anyone but Southend. 8 wins without conceding is a hell of a run. Bury preferably in a one off at Wembley rather than over 2 kegs. All the pressure on them knowing they beat us twice yet we could spoil it all for them. So Southend to win, Bury to draw and Wycombe to win this weekend please.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
jerryatricjanner":3hgc2yj4 said:
Anyone but Southend. 8 wins without conceding is a hell of a run. Bury preferably in a one off at Wembley rather than over 2 kegs. All the pressure on them knowing they beat us twice yet we could spoil it all for them. So Southend to win, Bury to draw and Wycombe to win this weekend please.

Yep, I'd go with that too.

C

Cobi Budge.

Bury face already relegated Tranmere while Southend travel to Morecambe, it certainly isn't inconceivable that Southend lose & Bury win, that way it would be likely that we play Southend over 2 legs and avoid Bury all together.

That said, while unlikely, it's possible that both Bury & Southend lose, in that situation if Wycombe win at Northampton, they will be automatically promoted on goal difference.

I'd fancy our chances against Southend more than I would against Bury, I'd fancy our chances against Wycombe more than Southend or Bury.

The ideal scenario for Saturday would be:

Tranmere V Bury (away win).
Morecambe V Southend (home win).
Northampton V Wycombe (away win).

That would see us face Wycombe over 2 legs and it would see us avoid Bury all together.

Nov 4, 2012
Cobi Budge.":33n64qwk said:
Bury face already relegated Tranmere while Southend travel to Morecambe, it certainly isn't inconceivable that Southend lose & Bury win, that way it would be likely that we play Southend over 2 legs and avoid Bury all together.

That said, while unlikely, it's possible that both Bury & Southend lose, in that situation if Wycombe win at Northampton, they will be automatically promoted on goal difference.

I'd fancy our chances against Southend more than I would against Bury, I'd fancy our chances against Wycombe more than Southend or Bury.

That would see us face Wycombe over 2 legs and it would see us avoid Bury all together.

:iagree:

Jan 16, 2014
Worcestershire
Over two legs, I'll take Southend, which will hopefully result in Bury taking the third automatic spot, leaving Wycombe or Stevenage in the final. That probably gives us the best chance of getting through.

No doubt we'll have the highest support in the play offs.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
The bury fear factor seems huge, is the gulf that big?

Bristol were a league apart from their neighbouring green rovers last eve, but if you don't take your chances, no guarantees at all are there.

Sep 8, 2013
Last weekend Morecambe won away at Wycombe. I think they will draw at home to Southend. Bury will win, Wycombe either win or draw at Northampton. This last result will, I think, determine our playoff opponents.

Sep 8, 2013
Sorry, just realised that Morecambe would have to beat Southend...a big call, but not impossible.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
greenwelly":h62kt647 said:
Sorry, just realised that Morecambe would have to beat Southend...a big call, but not impossible.
Not that it'll make a difference (probably), but Southend's record against Morecambe is abysmal.
P:10 W:1 D:1 L:8
The win was in the FA Cup, and it's been four years since Southend took their only point against Morecambe.

Cobi Budge.":2tz6nbrm said:

For your next wish? :scarf: