Play Off Semi Final dates confirmed (subject to position). | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Play Off Semi Final dates confirmed (subject to position).

Mar 3, 2012
ProfGreen":ea1uhfo7 said:
Hi, don't post much mainly just browse but what a mess. Anyone know what the chances are of GWR putting on a train after the match on the Sunday if we are away second? Same goes for the Thursday if we are away first? The drive is an absolute ballache.

I doubt they will. The police will do whatever it takes to get everyone to travel via the club coaches or car. Choas on the trains last time!

Apr 15, 2016
liamkite1":of1snbxy said:
ProfGreen":of1snbxy said:
Hi, don't post much mainly just browse but what a mess. Anyone know what the chances are of GWR putting on a train after the match on the Sunday if we are away second? Same goes for the Thursday if we are away first? The drive is an absolute ballache.

I doubt they will. The police will do whatever it takes to get everyone to travel via the club coaches or car. Choas on the trains last time!

Okay thanks, I've organised to stay with friends on the Saturday night to come home after the game on the Sunday, so do you know if the club allows one way coach travel? I understand you'd have to pay for the seat there and back, but only use it on the way back? (This is all of course assuming we play there second).

Mar 3, 2012
ProfGreen":2jvy1e72 said:
liamkite1":2jvy1e72 said:
ProfGreen":2jvy1e72 said:

Okay thanks, I've organised to stay with friends on the Saturday night to come home after the game on the Sunday, so do you know if the club allows one way coach travel? I understand you'd have to pay for the seat there and back, but only use it on the way back? (This is all of course assuming we play there second).

No worries. I dont see this as being a problem, but i guess thats not my decision haha. I would give the club a call/email and double check, im sure they would be fine with it though!

lien60

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2006
plymouth
Hope we play away on the Sunday as it would mean I can do both games again this year if not means fnding a pub in Taunton to watch the away leg

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":33r1ou9i said:
Why do we assume we're playing at theirs?

Let's wait and see.

Three days in between though, that's not great is it.

Sky and FL must be rubbing their greasy mitts at the though of this Semi though.

Would Sky not prefer that supporters watched on TV? They wouldn't want loads of empty seats on camera but from their ratings angle, there is no need for them to make this an easy to travel to away game for either Argyle or Pompey fans.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I meant Sky love this game because of the armchair 'attendance' Paul.

The FL love it because their percentage money from the pot will be bigger than it was than the final of last season's (or was it the year before) when Fleetwood played Burton at Wembley in front of 7,900 people.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
IJN":2mdsclob said:
I meant Sky love this game because of the armchair 'attendance' Paul.

The FL love it because their percentage money from the pot will be bigger than it was than the final of last season's (or was it the year before) when Fleetwood played Burton at Wembley in front of 7,900 people.
The record attendance for the final (61,589 – Bristol Rovers vs Shrewsbury Town (2007)) must be under real threat this year, especially if Oxford or Rovers come through the other semi-final.

C

Cult Of Personality

Need argyle to do worse then pompey on Saturday as I can only go to Thursday game

Apr 9, 2011
Sky & fa both greedy b*****s will be rubbing their hands with glee over our semi with Pompey could well be a record for this league playoffs which is why both clubs need to wonder what on earth they are doing in this god forsaken league

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
phil-thefluter24":3mbn9p6p said:
Sky & fa both greedy b*****s will be rubbing their hands with glee over our semi with Pompey could well be a record for this league playoffs which is why both clubs need to wonder what on earth they are doing in this god forsaken league

Nothing to do with crowd sizes matey.

Fleetwood, Stevenage and Burton have all gone up in the last few years. Which proves the point I think.

As for God forsaken, I've been really impressed with the skill level over the last three years if I'm honest.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008