Plymouth Argyle V Carlisle United Prediction Thread. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle V Carlisle United Prediction Thread.

Jul 3, 2013
Think we could be seeing a few goals in this one, 3-1/3-2 either way but we get the nod if somebody let's off their hotel fire alarm at 2am after the long journey.

Talking of carlise, does that John still travel down each game ?

P

pafcstafford

1-0 to Argyle I'm expecting Carlisle to come and try to be pretty solid and organised trying to nick something from a set piece or a counter attack. So hope the crowd doesn't go negative if it's 0-0 at half time.

Jul 29, 2010
pafcstafford":18xxvaos said:
1-0 to Argyle I'm expecting Carlisle to come and try to be pretty solid and organised trying to nick something from a set piece or a counter attack. So hope the crowd doesn't go negative if it's 0-0 at half time.

This one will require patience, a quality Home Park lacks.

I'm not confident about this game.

P

Paul_Roberts

Carlisle have been making the most of the new manager effect, they've won three on the bounce by an aggregate of 7-0. This is by no means an easy game, and I reckon we'll have to settle for a point.

And X-Isle - I know you have an issue with Argyle fans, but surely you've travelled around enough to know that Home Park is by no means alone in being impatient with its team? As away fans we don't tend to hear the grumbles and insults emanating from the home stands, but that doesn't mean they don't happen. I used to sit in press areas up and down the country during my Argyle reporting days, and trust me, impatience is an English trait rather than a Janner one.

Cesc Fabregas said in an interview recently that the English game is only played at such a high tempo because the fans demand it. I'm paraphrasing, but he said if you picked the ball up in midfield and looked to take a few lazy strides forward while considering a pass, the crowd would be straight on your back; whereas in Spain, you could dwell on the ball as long as you liked and the crowd would accept it.

It's probably one of the major reasons why our national team never achieves anything. Our players are brought up to get rid of the ball in a forward direction as quickly as possible - which becomes incredibly predictable for opposing teams to deal with.

greeneagle

✅ Evergreen
Jan 26, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
Paul_Roberts":22oyx93k said:
Carlisle have been making the most of the new manager effect, they've won three on the bounce by an aggregate of 7-0. This is by no means an easy game, and I reckon we'll have to settle for a point.

And X-Isle - I know you have an issue with Argyle fans, but surely you've travelled around enough to know that Home Park is by no means alone in being impatient with its team? As away fans we don't tend to hear the grumbles and insults emanating from the home stands, but that doesn't mean they don't happen. I used to sit in press areas up and down the country during my Argyle reporting days, and trust me, impatience is an English trait rather than a Janner one.

Cesc Fabregas said in an interview recently that the English game is only played at such a high tempo because the fans demand it. I'm paraphrasing, but he said if you picked the ball up in midfield and looked to take a few lazy strides forward while considering a pass, the crowd would be straight on your back; whereas in Spain, you could dwell on the ball as long as you liked and the crowd would accept it.

It's probably one of the major reasons why our national team never achieves anything. Our players are brought up to get rid of the ball in a forward direction as quickly as possible - which becomes incredibly predictable for opposing teams to deal with.

Bang on the money. English understanding of football is indeed one dimensional. How to change that mindset is a formidable challenge.

Argyle 1 - 0 Carlisle

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Stiffler":1gmm1eg5 said:
Think we could be seeing a few goals in this one, 3-1/3-2 either way but we get the nod if somebody let's off their hotel fire alarm at 2am after the long journey.

Talking of carlise, does that John still travel down each game ?
John Chuku. :clap:
He appeared on my facebook page from the Accrington match, with Steve Nicholson (formerly ROTG fame).
I'm sure I've seen John around HP recently.
Top bloke.

Aug 15, 2008
Carlisle have indeed had the new manager effect in play. They have beaten Tranmere and Hartlepool which we did and the more impressive 3-0 over Stevenage. Could be a rip roaring game this!

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Im going for 10-0 with the referee stepping in to stop the contest after 60 minutes to prevent any further agony for the Cumbrian supporters allowing them to commence their long journey home half an hour earlier than expected.

Jul 29, 2010
It's by no means unique to HP Paul but we do seem to have cultivated a particularly bad strain of impatience over the last couple of seasons.

It was never always thus, indeed, bizarrely, it wasn't present during administration and the '125' season. I feel it runs in direct counterbalance to expectation, the higher the expectation the lower the patience and understanding.

The sort who just look at league tables will be fully expecting a walk-over on Saturday and when it doesn't come, which it won't, their response will not be to get behind the team.

It's a prediction thread, and that's my prediction, no biggy.

Nov 4, 2012
We've won 3 on the spin and there should be an increased attendance with everyone full of hope.

Argyle 0-1 Carlisle

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Complete change of tactics and personnel from Sheridan, reverting to 3-5-2 when 2 down and 20 minutes to go. Changes having absolutely no effect and Reuben shrugging his shoulders a lot.