Plymouth Argyle V Carlisle United Prediction Thread. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle V Carlisle United Prediction Thread.

Aug 15, 2008
I think near 7000 for the game. Carlisle are on an upturn in form but against that so are we and we are at home and they have their longest away trip. I think that we should turn them over. I stick with 3-0.

I went on their boards to see what their fans are saying and they too are quietly confident. I did not realise Nacho Novo plays for them? I think he was quite prolific in the SPL for a few years.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Verte":gtucj4z3 said:
I think near 7000 for the game. Carlisle are on an upturn in form but against that so are we and we are at home and they have their longest away trip. I think that we should turn them over. I stick with 3-0.

I went on their boards to see what their fans are saying and they too are quietly confident. I did not realise Nacho Novo plays for them? I think he was quite prolific in the SPL for a few years.
Think he's joined an american club

Nov 22, 2006
a 3-0 win R.Reid, B.Reid and Alessandra we continue to win at home without conceding, teams will start dreading coming down here :scarf: :scarf:

Jul 29, 2010
Rather than putting all the emphasis on this one game Carlisle marks the start of a big week for Argyle, nine points on offer, could make or break our chances this season.

They're also games 3,4 & 5 of my five game vote of confidence in Sheridan. So far so good result wise, here's hoping for five unbeaten games PLUS better fare for the home fans on the Saturdays.

Jun 8, 2014
Cobi Budge.":1sxp9buf said:
If it offered my course I'd be staying pal. Instead, my nearest club at uni will be Luton, oh Yay -_-

I thought you're going to Uni in London (Arsenal area)?

As for the game - we're in good form and expectations are high so usually we would lose. This team is much better than the one last year though.

Plymouth Argyle 1-0 Carlisle United (R.Reid - 17).

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Usually when a struggling team on a bounce affect wins three games in a row they rarely win the 4th. That's not at all scientific but it's just something I've noticed that teams often run out of steam after their third. They've got a long trip to a very difficult place to get a result as an away team. They are in the new manager honeymoon period and all honeymoons end at some point. We're just quietly grinding out results (including one with a different set of cup personnel) without any fanfare.

I predict we'll continue to do so with another 1-0 win and another slight boost in my confidence ratings towards Sheridan- albeit not quite enough to make me 100% confident just yet.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
GreenSam":2jh56psg said:
Usually when a struggling team on a bounce affect wins three games in a row they rarely win the 4th. That's not at all scientific but it's just something I've noticed that teams often run out of steam after their third. They've got a long trip to a very difficult place to get a result as an away team. They are in the new manager honeymoon period and all honeymoons end at some point. We're just quietly grinding out results (including one with a different set of cup personnel) without any fanfare.

I predict we'll continue to do so with another 1-0 win and another slight boost in my confidence ratings towards Sheridan- albeit not quite enough to make me 100% confident just yet.
That meeting on Tuesday made me feel a lot more uplifted by Sheridan than I was tbh

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Me too- I can only add to what other people have said about it. It was like looking at a different man away from the glare of the media spotlight. He seemed so relaxed, passionate and yet also focused. John Harbin is one of the best speakers I've heard in football too by the way.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I predict the pitch sprinklers won't be used on Saturday. #wetwetwet

Plymouth Argyle 1-1 Carlisle United. Reuben to HIT the target for us.

Assuming Thomas is still unavailable:

23 McCormick

5 Nelson
29 Hartley
16 McHugh

28 O'Connor
17 Bobby Reid
4 Cox
2 Mellor

14 Harvey

9 Reid
7 Alessandra

Subs: 1 Bittner, 6 Norburn, 8 Banton, 10 Morgan, 11 Blizzard, 22 Smalley, 25 Bentley.

Apr 4, 2004
I think we will get a narrow win. I really want them to put on a show for the home fans. Carslile are going to fight for everything but I would love one of those performances from us that anounces to us fans that the green are going to be a force this season. COYG

B

Born A Champion 2002

3-2 win smalley x2 b.Reid not sure Carlisle did come from league 1 and have won 4 out of their last 5 games. As long as we get three points. Won't be going Saturday got nobody to go with.

Green army :)

Aug 15, 2008
Argy1e":13reflkk said:
Verte":13reflkk said:

Think he's joined an american club

Yes he does Carolina Jayhawks or something. I saw Novo mentioned on Cumbrians.net or whatever its called and sprang to Nacho. Just as well he is not with them!! :cool: