Points Target | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Points Target

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Can't see it. 16 more for 81 looks like it will be enough this season.

Sep 6, 2006
jerryatricjanner":moanw7ac said:
Can't see it. 16 more for 81 looks like it will be enough this season.

Agree. Certainly 83. 1.5 pts a game. Ours to throw away. I've said for a while low eighties will be enough with everybody dropping points in a competitive league.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
A win on Tuesday night would be massive. I couldn't envisage 2 teams making up 10+ points to overhaul us - any contenders would need at least 8 wins from their remaining games. Pompey, Carlisle and Exeter are all stuttering, no replication of Oxford, Rovers and Accrington's late season form last year. If anything, you'd have to fancy Stevenage and Luton to battle it out for 3rd place based on form.

I reckon 80 points this season will be enough. That's 5 wins from the last 12 games. If we can do that then two of the chasing pack will have to achieve the following targets:
Carlisle 11 games- 7 wins/1 draw
Luton 12 games - 7 wins /2 draws
Portsmouth 12 games - 8 wins
Stevenage 11 games - 8 wins /1 draw
Exeter 11 games - 8 wins/ 1 draw

Of the above I can only really see Luton achieving this. Possibly Portsmouth but 8 wins out of 12 is going some especially with their unpredictable form. Just can't see Carlisle achieving 7 wins 1 draw from 11.
So surely we can win 5 from 12. There are plenty of winnable games in there. What can go wrong? Oh hang on...

C

Cult Of Personality

Around the 80 mark. The division has been poor this season for quality teams. So teams dropping points left right and centre. Might even be lower then 80 like 78

Sep 6, 2006
Cult Of Personality":32trddjr said:
Around the 80 mark. The division has been poor this season for quality teams. So teams dropping points left right and centre. Might even be lower then 80 like 78

You say its poor I am inclined to think its just very competitive. Look at Noots County. They had 3 ex Premier League players. Blackpool have already beaten Barnsley away in the Cup. Very tricky game. Will be happy with a point.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Here We Go ( 11 Games To Go )

The final countdown :thumbs:

4 Home Games : Accrington , Morecambe , Newport & Crewe ( All Winnable )

7 Away Games : Mansfield , Wycombe , Doncaster , Crawley , Pompey , Colchester , Grimsby

85 Points should WIN us Automatic Promotion & Top 3

Keep The Faith :scarf:

C

CornishGreenWhite

Another win!

17 points would guarantee it. Don't think we'll need that many.

All but there... keep going lads.

I'm sure 80 will be enough. That's 4 more wins from 10 games.
Assuming Doncaster take first place the last two promotion places will be fought for by: us, Pompey,Stevenage, Carlisle and Luton. If we achieve 80 points then two of the chasing pack have to achieve the following to draw level with us:
Pompey 6 wins from 10
Stevenage 7 wins from 10 plus a draw
Carlisle 7 from 10 plus a draw
Luton 7 from 11 plus two draws

Of the chasing pack Stevenage have the momentum but that would be some form to keep it up for another 10 games. Sooner or later they'll have some bad luck and or an injury to a key player and their run will end.
6 from 10 for Pompey is possible but tough.
Carlisle look to have imploded do can't see them doing it.
Luton to only lose 2 of their last 11? Can't see it.
So it's 4 more wins. Just as well because the way we are playing we might just about do that and no more. Well limp over the line.
God it's stressful supporting Argyle!

Jun 19, 2006
Somewhere or other
abandonedhope":d6l6k0it said:
I'm sure 80 will be enough. That's 4 more wins from 10 games.
Assuming Doncaster take first place the last two promotion places will be fought for by: us, Pompey,Stevenage, Carlisle and Luton. If we achieve 80 points then two of the chasing pack have to achieve the following to draw level with us:
Pompey 6 wins from 10
Stevenage 7 wins from 10 plus a draw
Carlisle 7 from 10 plus a draw
Luton 7 from 11 plus two draws

Of the chasing pack Stevenage have the momentum but that would be some form to keep it up for another 10 games. Sooner or later they'll have some bad luck and or an injury to a key player and their run will end.
6 from 10 for Pompey is possible but tough.
Carlisle look to have imploded do can't see them doing it.
Luton to only lose 2 of their last 11? Can't see it.
So it's 4 more wins. Just as well because the way we are playing we might just about do that and no more. Well limp over the line.
God it's stressful supporting Argyle!

Wouldn't want it any other way :scarf: