Points Target | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Points Target

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
GreenArmy1984":20d0bu90 said:
17 Games To Go !!

8 Home ( Leyton Orient , Notts County , Carlisle , Blackpool , Morecambe , Accrington , Newport , Crewe )

9 Away ( Hartlepool , Luton , Mansfield , Wycombe , Doncaster , Crawley , Portsmouth , Colchester , Grimsby )

Believe 85 Will win us promotion and 102 to be champions :thumbs:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
4/9 are the current best odds you can get for an Argyle promotion

15/4 for winner

1/4 top 3 finish

Flagman

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 16, 2003
Leixlip, Co. Kildare, Ireland
82 for promotion (7 more wins and a draw) sooner we get them the better
Championship 90 (10 wins or 9 and 3 draws)

Might be a tad optimistic with those numbers.

C4aNVNuW8AA3usv.jpg:small

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Mathematically, 80 seems to be the majic number based on season to date ststistics.

However, any complacency because "we are almost there" is asking for trouble. Last season revisited?
It does seem that it'll be a dog-fight for the 3rd promotion spot for the rest of the season, and as such season to date numbers will be a pretty unreliable guide.

Also, wouldn't it would be sweet to finish champions rather than 2nd or 3rd.

So - we should just focus on winning the next few (supposedly) easier games, build momentum and keep going!!

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
It will take 2 clubs below us in the chasing pack to average at least 2 points a game to get to 82 which is probably unlikely so 83 will more than likely be sufficient, which would mean us getting just 23 points from our last 17 games which is bottom half of the table form. This squad is better than that and stronger all round than last season's. We are well on course to go up comfortably.

Oct 16, 2016
Didn't the downturn happen a bit earlier last season? I've put it to the back of my mind.

I think the plan has been to ensure that doesn't happen thing s season, particularly if we look at the January acquisitions

I'm confident and I'm generally a pessimist

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
3 points tonight. Look no further

Jul 6, 2005
jerryatricjanner":v5c3btai said:
It will take 2 clubs below us in the chasing pack to average at least 2 points a game to get to 82 which is probably unlikely so 83 will more than likely be sufficient, which would mean us getting just 23 points from our last 17 games which is bottom half of the table form. This squad is better than that and stronger all round than last season's. We are well on course to go up comfortably.
Based purely on statistics, this is a perfectly logical argument. I would love to think that 83 points would be enough.

However, there are so many instances of teams coming from "nowhere" to make the Play-offs or even automatic promotion that there is no place for that sort of thinking.

Whilst I might be amongst his sternest critics, I am absolutely certain that Adams will not let the players think that they can coast home from here. On the contrary, I expect to see the intensity and focus ramped up as we go into the final third of the season.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
With the January signings, who look good at this point, and a psychologically important win over Exeter I think we are definitely on course for promotion - just got to keep on grinding out the points to reach that 80+ target.

If we can go into every game looking for three points, hopefully we stand a good chance of coming out as Champions, which would be the icing on the promotion cake.

Sep 6, 2006
Green_Flash":18wqxxbb said:
Chris Dennis":18wqxxbb said:
GreenArmy1984":18wqxxbb said:
18 Games To Go !!

9 Home ( Exeter , Leyton Orient , Notts County , Carlisle , Blackpool , Morecambe , Accrington , Newport , Crewe )

9 Away ( Hartlepool , Luton , Mansfield , Wycombe , Doncaster , Crawley , Portsmouth , Colchester , Grimsby )

5 of the next 7 games at home - it gets tough away from home after that (7 out of 11 away).

Would be good to build a big lead over Carlisle by then who have Doncaster, Wycombe, Portsmouth and us to play in the same period.

Except I have more confidence in us away from home than at home to be honest - defending in depth and hitting on the break seems to be our most effective style.

12 goals scored in last 4 home games....