Poor Preparation? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Poor Preparation?

Aug 4, 2011
3 of the players were allowed to travel to Wycombe independently. That should not have been allowed IMHO

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I concur with those above who say the preparations are not left to the last minute. If we have had 4 full days between the two games then I would hope that the coaching staff would not leave it until the hour before to convey the tactical master plan. That time in the dressing room should just be a series of short reminders and good wishes. Personally, I see the bus arrival time as a red herring; the wrong side was selected and we failed to put Wycombe on the back foot early in the game. I work for a high up insider at WW and he told me afterwards that before the game everyone there was concerned about having to play Lynch and Ephriam. He went on to say many local observers felt it was like playing with nine men - then they all got a real lift when they saw the Argyle team sheet.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Steve Evans":36m2njey said:
IJN":36m2njey said:
It was 1830 I was immediately behind it.
and that was far too late. :furious:

Sorry mate I didn't know I had to be there at a certain time. Fig me I'm a fan, what time should I turn up? :wtf:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
IJN":336yhsxg said:
Steve Evans":336yhsxg said:
IJN":336yhsxg said:
It was 1830 I was immediately behind it.
and that was far too late. :furious:

Sorry mate I didn't know I had to be there at a certain time. Fig me I'm a fan, what time should I turn up? :wtf:
:lol: .18:30 is far too late for the team to turn up.do you think this was ample time ian?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
No I don't, but it was caught in horrendous traffic at about 8 miles out. We were stuck behind it all of the way.

We were also next to a minibus full of Greens who sang to a young lady in a VW, I think it went something like 'Get your pips out for the lads' but I may have misheard as I was laughing so much. To be fair so was she.

Joking apart, I do that cut through (to the M40) very often and it was the worst I've known it.

N

newquaygreen

I can't understand why no one has sussed who is realy to blame....it was the fans, far too many clogging up the roads, ridiculous level of away support, hence the team bus arrived late. So the reason we lost if the fans fault :cool:

P

pafcstafford

How would this years play off side faired against this lot?
A.Comyn, K.Hill, M.Heathcote, K.Blackwell, N.Hammond, K.Nugent, A.Viveash, M.Evans, M.Jones, W.Burnett, S.McCall, C.Twiddy, J.Dungey, R.Mauge, M.Patterson, C.Leadbitter, N.Medhurst Fron, M.Saunders, P.Williams, M.Ross, N.Warnock, D.McCauley, M.Barlow, A.Litlejohn, S.Shilton

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
pafcstafford":284gssy2 said:
A.Comyn, K.Hill, M.Heathcote, K.Blackwell, N.Hammond, K.Nugent, A.Viveash, M.Evans, M.Jones, W.Burnett, S.McCall, C.Twiddy, J.Dungey, R.Mauge, M.Patterson, C.Leadbitter, N.Medhurst Fron, M.Saunders, P.Williams, M.Ross, N.Warnock, D.McCauley, M.Barlow, A.Litlejohn, S.Shilton

I don't remember him playing for Argyle.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
As long as they played with Nicky Hammond in goal, the crop of 2014/15 would slaughter them.

Emu - there's a few others on that list who never "played" for Argyle. 3 goalies on the list though, and none of them played at Wembley that season.

Aug 4, 2011
Emu":1bg71axr said:
pafcstafford":1bg71axr said:

I don't remember him playing for Argyle.

On loan. Played about 4 games I think