Pre Season Match Thread - Reading U21s | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Pre Season Match Thread - Reading U21s

Jul 29, 2010
Cobi Budge.":jud1hfv4 said:
Unsurprisingly a very small attendance and obviously no away fans.....

Which will be the case on a regular basis if Greg Dyke gets his way and introduces an U21 league into the football pyramid.

#f**kingstupididea

Jul 29, 2010
Worthwhile exercise though even if it is a pee poor fixture.

It'd be ridiculous to have DA and his management team turning up to the first competitive fixture not knowing the match day protocols and routines, or how his team plays on our infinitely higher quality surface.

Every day is a school day for Del Bhey the moment.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I don't think it's that small a crowd tbf, Lyndhurst is quite full from where I'm sat. Grandstand not so much.

Mar 14, 2009
In brief.

Reading look like no mugs. There right midfielder/winger stands out. Is left footed and likes to cut inside.

Argyles defending looks awkward. The biggest concern is the defending from set pieces. They should have had two. First one hit the post. The second was a mad scramble. Our new holding midfielder from palace loves getting forward. The defense will be exposed this season.

Going forward we look good with some mix of short and long passing. Still think we need better balance on the right.

Reading come here to play football. Opened up argyle a couple if times with some nice moves. Just rash finishing.

At present we look like we can score but look a soft touch defendsively.

O

ogwellmike

Some good stuff first half. Boateng and Wylde especially good IMO. Good to see GS back - and playing well. I am encouraged by how well they are playing as a team. It'll be interesting to see what substitutions DA will make for the second half.

C

Cobi Budge.

Liam Vercoe":1xble8ki said:
I don't think it's that small a crowd tbf, Lyndhurst is quite full from where I'm sat. Grandstand not so much.

Always feels more full up if you are in the stand...

CKw9LReWoAAqyN4.jpg

Metal_Green_Mickey":3su4jg3v said:
In brief.

Reading look like no mugs. There right midfielder/winger stands out. Is left footed and likes to cut inside.

Argyles defending looks awkward. The biggest concern is the defending from set pieces. They should have had two. First one hit the post. The second was a mad scramble. Our new holding midfielder from palace loves getting forward. The defense will be exposed this season.

Going forward we look good with some mix of short and long passing. Still think we need better balance on the right.

Reading come here to play football. Opened up argyle a couple if times with some nice moves. Just rash finishing.

At present we look like we can score but look a soft touch defendsively.

Agreed.

We will see goals this season at Home Park, but in both nets I reckon, as long as we get one more than opposition, I'll be happy to watch some exciting football.

D

Dano

Thanks,and what formation are we playing?, do you think we need either a midfield defensive play maker or a attacking central defender in this case ?