Predictions vs Hartlepool | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Predictions vs Hartlepool

Nov 9, 2011
I am not going to Argyle.
going out on my bike for a 55 mile jaunt with the Yogi cycling club.
0900 start at Coypool if you're intrested!

O

ogwellmike

kauto star wrote:

Only 55 miles? What a wimp! When I was a member of the Efford Wheelers (admittedly quite a long time ago) that would have been an evening ride. Newquay and back, or Exeter across the moors and back on the A38 - that's a man's ride!

As for today's result, I' m going for 2 - 0 as I'm back in optimistic mode. Immediately after Tuesday's match I would have said 0 - 2 and would not be planning to come and watch!

Jun 8, 2014
kauto star":3lmzp5ld said:

Think my Dad is out on that one. Weird. None of my family actually like football..

Apr 4, 2004
kauto star":q0wqv29g said:

Good on you mate. 55 miles is a bit too far for me at the moment but I'm getter there.

Aug 11, 2013
I have been lucky to see 4 promotions (1 via the playoffs under Warnock) and Shiltons team that got to the playoffs but didn't succeed. I imagine there will be others on here who have experienced the same. Based on those successes, I've made up my mind, not just based on this season but during Sheridan's long tenure that he isn't the man to replicate those successes. The ingredients just aren't there for me. Don't get me wrong, I think we have the players of the right pedigree, but not the leader we need. The successful managers of my experience are single minded and have a successful formula they take with them wherever they go and they build a squad to enact that formula. Sheridan, to my mind, is all over the place. He can't even get us playing 2 good halfs of football.

We'll win today. But we'd win if one of us were in charge quite honestly. I don't expect it to be pretty.

But a win will be bitter/sweet for me. For me, it simply prolongs all the agony. The agony of seeing players out of position. The agony of poor football. The agony of reading daft comments in the press. The agony of suffering the '2 fingers' to the fans when calling for a sub they believe might change a game. The agony of knowing we're going to have another wasted season.

But worst of all the agony of a win that will be just enough to keep the detractors off his back and just enough to give those eternal optimists a boost to their positivism.

Right .... Where's the season ticket ..... Here we go again...

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Given the ref we have (5 reds and 29 yellows in 9 games this season) I predict a sending off for someone. :)

Apr 28, 2009
Nova Scotia, Canada
A rare game for me, visiting from Nova Scotia, Canada. Last game that I saw was Wycombe home last year and I'm confident that we cant be worse than that day ;) I'm going for a 3-0 Argyle win

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Nova Green":3duptfs0 said:
A rare game for me, visiting from Nova Scotia, Canada. Last game that I saw was Wycombe home last year and I'm confident that we cant be worse than that day ;) I'm going for a 3-0 Argyle win

Hope to get the three points but above that I hope we play well so you enjoy the match Nova. :scarf:

Apr 4, 2004
I would like to think we are good enough to beat them. I reckon 1-0 to us.

I will be very interested in the performance, the formation and the crowd numbers. If we don't start brightly today the fans could be baying for blood. That added pressure won't be helpful.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
pilgrimmike1":3bkd9mt7 said:
Nova Green":3bkd9mt7 said:

Hope to get the three points but above that I hope we play well so you enjoy the match Nova. :scarf:
Therein lies the question?
3 points in a blood and snotter Div 2 game to stay ''tucked in'' or
play well but 0-0

If JS is struggling to find his best 11 and formation then I'll take the points.