Purrington signs for Rotherham - confirmed | Page 36 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Purrington signs for Rotherham - confirmed

Nov 7, 2012
Plymouth
Right ask yourself, would you offer Purrington Chamiponship wages for the rest of the season and beyond or sign Kennedy, Taylor and Sarcevic?

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
PilgrimLew":zas0oneu said:
Right ask yourself, would you offer Purrington Chamiponship wages for the rest of the season and beyond or sign Kennedy, Taylor and Sarcevic?

Obviously the latter. However, I'm still surprised that given he's a homegrown player, one of the most promising talents in the lower leagues and our first choice left back, that we didn't at least table a semi-decent offer or plead with him to stay until the summer (we'd still have got a tribunal fee).

Aug 5, 2016
Mork":zsver40w said:
Penlee":zsver40w said:
Purrington didn't want to leave. Don't believe the spin. Argyle made no effort to keep him. He was not unhappy at the club at all and would not have been at the end of his contract in the summer if he'd played a few more games so no pressure to sell him. He loves Argyle.

Business decision from Argyle pure and simple.

I couldn't understand the lack of fight from the club to keep him, if what your saying is true Penlee, I'm totally disgusted with those who run the club.

"Disgust" is a strong word for a situation you hardly know the ins and outs of!

At any rate we got fair money for him, more than a tribunal would have agreed to if he'd have left. If it goes into DA's pocket we can attract a high calibre of player in the summer.

Feb 2, 2007
Looks like he had a shocker today, they lost 5-0 and very poor back pass for Cardiff's second from Purrington.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
nick_PASTIE":3ckdtcdw said:
Looks like he had a shocker today, they lost 5-0 and very poor back pass for Cardiff's second from Purrington.

One poor back pass does not necessarily create a 'shocker'. The question remains how well did he perform for the remaining 89 minutes. He is probably starting to realise that it is easier to 'perform' in a team with higher confidence levels, than one fighting relegation, no matter what league is involved.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
It wouldn't have gone to tribunal in the summer because a few more games would trigger an extra year automatically

Aug 22, 2006
Quintrell_Green":cqc859vr said:
nick_PASTIE":cqc859vr said:

One poor back pass does not necessarily create a 'shocker'. The question remains how well did he perform for the remaining 89 minutes. He is probably starting to realise that it is easier to 'perform' in a team with higher confidence levels, than one fighting relegation, no matter what league is involved.

Very good point.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Penlee":20fvyo1f said:
It wouldn't have gone to tribunal in the summer because a few more games would trigger an extra year automatically
That still doesn't mean that he wouldn't leave. All that means is that he's "earnt" a new 12 month deal; a player doesn't have to accept it.

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
In many cases the 12 month contract extension, when triggered, is non-negotiable on both sides. In fact, more often than not there is a club option to automatically trigger but less so a player option.

If I could remember the article I'd read I'd post a link, but I can't...

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
I spoke to a Rotherham fan today who works for one of my company's Yorkshire branches. He's a season ticket holder who attends every home and most away.
He told me BP looks way out of his depth in the Championship but hopes he comes good in League 1. He told me BP spent most of the game on Saturday looking terrified.
One very interesting point he said (which is why I posted this) is he was impressed at how much fitter Purrington seems compared to the rest of the Millers squad.
Argyle's training regime more gruelling than a Championship team possibly?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Neilio":8dsjtvsu said:
In many cases the 12 month contract extension, when triggered, is non-negotiable on both sides. In fact, more often than not there is a club option to automatically trigger but less so a player option.

If I could remember the article I'd read I'd post a link, but I can't...
I was trying to find the contract rules to back me up but there's a wedge of it to plough through.