Purrington signs for Rotherham - confirmed | Page 35 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Purrington signs for Rotherham - confirmed

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
the_corkscrew":1n3hiae1 said:
Clough is saying Nottingham Forest offer better prospects than Bolton. Purrington is saying Rotherham offer better prospects than Argyle.
Don't agree with any social media abuse, but we'll see who is right.

Well Nottingham has to be a better place to live than Bolton, but ...

Aug 5, 2016
the_corkscrew":1m6sy7pj said:
Clough is saying Nottingham Forest offer better prospects than Bolton. Purrington is saying Rotherham offer better prospects than Argyle.

Not necessarily. He might see himself as a League One player. He might think well I can get there with Argyle or Rotherham - one really rates me, has bid £300,000, offered me a hefty wage increase and think I'm worth a 3.5 year contract.

The other are paying me not a lot on a deal which runs out in June.

In terms of messages, I doubt our strategy has made him feel overly valued.

Penlee

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Purrington didn't want to leave. Don't believe the spin. Argyle made no effort to keep him. He was not unhappy at the club at all and would not have been at the end of his contract in the summer if he'd played a few more games so no pressure to sell him. He loves Argyle.

Business decision from Argyle pure and simple.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yet he told Sam Jones the week before that he wanted away from Argyle.

Penlee

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
I am 100% certain of what I am saying - of course, it can't be verified. I can't disclose my source but it is water tight. Argyle fans shouldn't blame him. I did until I knew the truth.

P

Positively Green

Penlee":2g4aa5wx said:
Purrington didn't want to leave. Don't believe the spin. Argyle made no effort to keep him. He was not unhappy at the club at all and would not have been at the end of his contract in the summer if he'd played a few more games so no pressure to sell him. He loves Argyle.

If this was a business decision from Argyle I am certain they would have got a replacement for BP before they sold him.

Feb 28, 2016
Positively Green":1stmdopn said:
Penlee":1stmdopn said:

If this was a business decision from Argyle I am certain they would have got a replacement for BP before they sold him.

My informed opinion is that Penlee is pretty close to the truth. I was hoping Ben was going to have at least a slight, headache over this.(always thought by division alone he should think long and hard) It was a complete no brainer in the end he clearly just wasn't wanted here. Not so much a business decision by Argyle but a personal one IMO.

Penlee

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
MarkMatthews":pwapt9uv said:
Positively Green":pwapt9uv said:
Penlee":pwapt9uv said:

My informed opinion is that Penlee is pretty close to the truth. I was hoping Ben was going to have at least a slight, headache over this.(always thought by division alone he should think long and hard) It was a complete no brainer in the end he clearly just wasn't wanted here. Not so much a business decision by Argyle but a personal one IMO.

I agree with you Mark from what I have learnt today (many business decisions have a personal slant). Very sad really and surprising how it has been handled.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Penlee":58dusbdu said:

I couldn't understand the lack of fight from the club to keep him, if what your saying is true Penlee, I'm totally disgusted with those who run the club.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I can only assume that DA decided that every player has a value and that, in his opinion, £300,000 (if that's what it was) for Purrington was an offer that he was prepared to accept. Again, I would assume that there were add-ons and he considered that it was in PAFC's interests to accept the offer.

Time will tell if he was right but I still maintain that it was a management decision and that he was not put under any pressure by the Board. Of course, he would have discussed the offer with the Board but I believe that it was his recommendation to accept it and they supported his professional judgement.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
davie nine":38dv6xzk said:
I can only assume that DA decided that every player has a value and that, in his opinion, £300,000 (if that's what it was) for Purrington was an offer that he was prepared to accept. Again, I would assume that there were add-ons and he considered that it was in PAFC's interests to accept the offer.

Time will tell if he was right but I still maintain that it was a management decision and that he was not put under any pressure by the Board. Of course, he would have discussed the offer with the Board but I believe that it was his recommendation to accept it and they supported his professional judgement.
I include DA as one of those that run the club. If it was made for footballing reasons alone, I'm at a loss to know how DA, would think , this will help our promotion push.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Mork":37rur9w9 said:
Penlee":37rur9w9 said:

I couldn't understand the lack of fight from the club to keep him, if what your saying is true Penlee, I'm totally disgusted with those who run the club.

Not DAs man
To be replaced by DAs (when fit)
Doesn't fit the DA full back mould

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Mork":ygyt5wnb said:
I couldn't understand the lack of fight from the club to keep him.

Presumably Rotherham offered him Championship level remuneration and Argyle couldn't match that. Makes business sense to me.

Jeff Stelling suggesting today that Rotherham are doomed after their latest defeat, so we'll be playing them next season.