R.I.P Big Alf - Another pilgrim gone | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

R.I.P Big Alf - Another pilgrim gone

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
What terrible news. He had a great sense of humour. Thoughts with his family and friends. 😢

Reactions: MPCullen

Heathrow Green

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
This is really bad news . He was one of the posters that I looked for on the awayday picture thread.

Ad Astra Pilgrim.

Thoughts are with his family and friends.

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
A good poster, always worth reading. Funny too.

I had a few DM conversations with Big Alf, and always found him thoughtful and interesting. Alf was a few years older than me, but we compared notes and went to some of the same games at the Boleyn in the 70s.

What I admired a lot was that he made the most out of life. I got the sense that he was not as mobile as he once was, but this never stopped him going to away games and abroad regularly.

It is somewhat ironic that the last time I remember his contribution was after the Leeds game and his comments on the playing of the Last Post.

He will be missed on Pasoti.

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Very sad and so unexpected, condolences to family and friends, Pasoti is now missing a another great poster, RIP Big Man.

Last edited:

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
This comes as a big shock. He was a frequent traveller with us on the Senior Greens' coaches and will be greatly missed.
RIP Pete. Thoughts are with his family at this awful time.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
That's a shock and a shame. His posts gave the impression of someone living life as an active fan and following Argyle around the country. Great sense of humour too. RIP Big Alf.

Ken Beale

♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
Sep 10, 2012
Very sad news indeed Peter was always the first to put his name down for our away trips. It will be strange to travel without him, we did raise a toast to him last night. RIP BIG ALF one of the best.

Mar 5, 2022
Western Australia
Dear me, when it rains it pours. Far to many Pilgrims passing away. Very sad time.
RIP Alf, hope you can continue your Pasoti chats in heaven. Some very very good souls up there with you.