R.I.P Big Alf - Another pilgrim gone | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

R.I.P Big Alf - Another pilgrim gone

Bovey Green lady

🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
What a sad day. First hearing about the death of "Bicks" and now Big Alf. Never met him IRL, but so enjoyed his posts here. Who will keep us updated on sightings of new signings at Swilly Kwop? RIP, Big Alf.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
So sad to hear about Mike Bickle. I was only thinking about him one day last week, as I had heard nothing for ages, knowing he was in a bad way.
I used to play with Mike at City Engineers. He was, perhaps obviously, a few notches in talent above the rest of us.
Thanks for the service and the goals at Argyle Mike. Your will always be the name that jumps straight into my mind when I think of the Boxing Day Massacre against the Turks.

Jul 7, 2005
Genuinely saddened to read of BigAlf's passing. I didn't know him but reading his posts was great fun. I shall miss him.
Sincere condolences to his family and friends. R.I.P Peter.

Oct 31, 2015
I've let a few ex colleagues know of this news who like me are not on Social media.

Quite a few shocked responses. If anyone gets wind of a funeral date or details could they message me please. It would be very much appreciated 👍

Reactions: David Doidge
May 27, 2023
i was there v torquay x4 goals,boy could that guy strike a ball gone but never to be forgotten a devonport end hero

Nov 24, 2023
Hi everyone, I’m Big Alf’s eldest son Matt. It’s been really touching reading the tributes and comments about him since his passing.

Once funeral details are organised, I will post here. As he passed in Germany, this may be delayed compared with “normal”

In the meantime, a friend of mine has set up a fundraiser to help with expensive repatriation costs and funeral expenses, you can find that at the following link and my family and I would be eternally grateful for any contribution 💚

Nov 24, 2023
Does anyone know if he worked for the post office? Does sound like the Alf I saved with from peoples replies. Used to stand in the top right corner of the old Demport
Yes, 23 years with the RN (77-00) and then 23 with Royal Mail (00-23)

Nov 24, 2023
I've just chucked in £100 from the Pasoti Good Deeds Fund.

"Alf" was one of us. 🇳🇬💚
Me and my brothers appreciate this massively. We are so appreciative of all the support received from all Dad’s walks of life and contacts

Reactions: Paul H