R.I.P Gordon Sparks. (Plus merged funeral thread). | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

R.I.P Gordon Sparks. (Plus merged funeral thread).

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Like thousands of others, I never met him but I feel I knew him like an old friend or close family member. For a local broadcaster to have that effect is quite an achievement. It's not something you can learn on any journalism course. He simply had the knack of projecting his open, honest and warm personality directly to those listening. So sad to lose him. RIP.

LipsonJock

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 8, 2013
Really sad news, condolences to his family, friends and the Argyle community who have lost their Ambassador.
RIP Gordon.

Steve Dean

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Awful, awful news. As everyone says, a true Argyle legend. I have literally hundreds of clips of the great man's work and I hope we can find a way of listening to some of them again one day, as a tribute. A heartfelt Thank You, Sir Gordon.

Oct 11, 2014
RIP Gordon. Grew up listening to his commentary and also early breakfast before I moved away from Plymouth for work. Not only Argyle, but he did so much for the city to the point many would refer to him as Mr Plymouth.

Thoughts are with his family and loved ones.

May 16, 2015
Very sad news. Having spent a few nights in Gordon’s company over the years, he was great fun, very intelligent and of course his passion for Argyle was second to none.

An absolute legend , RIP Sparksy.

Reactions: 999mattyg