R.I.P Gordon Sparks. (Plus merged funeral thread). | Page 21 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

R.I.P Gordon Sparks. (Plus merged funeral thread).

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yeah Jackco the old kit man, Paul Maxwell the old physio were also in attendance.

I did say they were ex players, but you're right, there were other attendees of note as well.

All the Directors were there as well as most of the staff. A great turnout for a great bloke.

The club, friends, colleagues and Argyle fans did him proud, he would have loved that.

greendom

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 28, 2022
Yeah Jackco the old kit man, Paul Maxwell the old physio were also in attendance.

I did say they were ex players, but you're right, there were other attendees of note as well.

All the Directors were there as well as most of the staff. A great turnout for a great bloke.

The club, friends, colleagues and Argyle fans did him proud, he would have loved that.
Yeh I wasn’t trying to put down your post, I just thought I’d mention he was there, as I stopped to let someone out of the aisle onto the steps, and it was warnock lol. I saw everyone else come it apart from him

Dec 3, 2005
By the way, there was a lot of ex players today including Chris Harrison, Chris Hargreaves, Darren Garner, Graham Coughlan, Johnny Hore, Adrian Burrows, Marc Edworthy, John Uzzell, Danny Salman, Brian McGlinchey, Leigh Cooper, David Byrne, Jacko, Jimmy Giles (Exeter), Jason Rowbotham, Darren Garner, Gary Sawyer, Super Luke, Crudgie, Romain, Steve Davey, Duncan Neale, Martin Barlow and Kevin Hodges. (I've no doubt I've missed a few).

Schuey was also there with Dewy and Nance as well.
That would have made a great photo, with all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jannerz

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2022
Semper got me going and then it was a roller coaster of laughs and sads. A perfect occasion. Took until now to talk about it. Sparksy hasn't left, he's just got started. 💚

Reactions: David Doidge
Jul 22, 2014
Radio Devon yesterday morning on Angela Kalwaites Breakfast Show approx 2:44:00 has a rendition of Semper Fidelis with Sparksy and Steve Davey which is a little gem.

Feb 4, 2023
Thank you to PASOTI admin for allowing me to post this. I started working with Sir Gordon in 1988, and I have organised a charity ball for the two organisations that helped Sparksy so much, at Home Park. Here's details. It would be wonderful to have many of his fans there. I'm not taking any money for organising or hosting this, so maximum money goes to his charities. His family have given their full blessing to this event. Please spread the word:

In honour of the late, great, Argyle ambassador Gordon Sparks, Home Park Stadium and Plymouth Argyle invite you a night of delicious food and live entertainment to raise funds for charity.

The first ever Gordon Sparks Charity Ball, which takes its name from the legendary BBC Radio Devon broadcast and Argyle commentator who passed away in October, will raise funds for The Chestnut Appeal and Mustard Tree Cancer Support Centre.

The event occurs on Friday, 24 March, 2023, with doors opening from 6pm. A delicious three-course meal will be served at 7pm before a night of wonderful entertainment, curated by Gordon’s friend and broadcasting colleague Gavin Marshall, begins.

Gavin, who worked alongside Sparksy at Plymouth Sound before Gordon joined the BBC, will DJ and compere a night of live music which includes the UK’s leading Status Quo tribute act, State of Quo, and a raffle and auction in aid of cancer charities.

In keeping with the spirit of the evening, the dress code is simply ‘Green Army attire’, and guests are invited to interpret this code as they see fit – or perhaps, as Gordon himself would’ve.

Tickets are available now through the Home Park Ticket Office and argyletickets.com, and are priced at £50 per person, with a discount applied to bookings of tables of 10.