R.I.P Gordon Sparks. (Plus merged funeral thread). | Page 20 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

R.I.P Gordon Sparks. (Plus merged funeral thread).

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
Abide with me was beautifully sung and will forever be stuck in the memory it was a truly beautiful send off.

A wonderful send off for a one of a kind we were all blessed to have him Argyle Legend!

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
I'm not a particularly emotional person but that just got me big time today.... I don't know where or when it might happen but it is written in the stars that a late goal, sealing a 2-0 win is going to get us over the line this season....

Well done to all involved 💚
you know if that happens we in the crowd are all going to say “2-0. That’s it Argyle are promoted!“

Dec 3, 2005
I attended today and it was very surreal, I must admit I had several wobbles, during the speeches, especially Nance, Heather and Hollies. Great to see so many Argyle legends there. Very well done to all at Argyle and everyone else involved in the organisation.
Yes a very emotional day and a great send off, for a passionate, unique character.
RIP Sparksy, he will be forever at Home Park, is ashes will be scattered at the Demport End

Oct 19, 2010
I couldn't attend due to work today so had to make do with watching on YouTube. At the end of the ceremony I noticed a mention of a collection plate on the exit for the benefit of several local charities close to his heart, including St Lukes and the chestnut. Is there a way to donate on behalf of Pasoti as a group and you guys split whatever is raised evenly? Would be happy to throw in a few quid in his memory, especially as flowers weren't requested.

Last edited:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I chucked £50 into Chestnut last week from the pot Mr Cent.

We can do something if you like and I can do a nice JannerBanner. How many are up for it?

greendom

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 28, 2022

We can do something if you like and I can do a nice JannerBanner. How many are up for it?
I am definately, as I had no cash on me today

Oct 20, 2015
Derriford

There's an online link for donations on the pafc news about the live streaming of today's funeral.

It was a lovely tribute to a great man and very well done. Congratulations to all involved.

Reactions: KJC

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It would be far better if people could do it that way as two of those charities would offer Gift Aid, I can't do that from a collection from this site, but I'm open to people's comments.

Oct 19, 2010
Reactions: greendom

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
By the way, there was a lot of ex players today including Chris Harrison, Chris Hargreaves, Darren Garner, Graham Coughlan, Johnny Hore, Adrian Burrows, Marc Edworthy, John Uzzell, Brian McGlinchey, Leigh Cooper, David Byrne, Jacko, Jimmy Giles (Exeter), Jason Rowbotham, Danny Salman, Darren Garner, Gary Sawyer, Super Luke, Crudgie, Romain, Steve Davey, Duncan Neale, Martin Barlow and Kevin Hodges. (I've no doubt I've missed a few).

Schuey was also there with Dewy and Nance as well.

Last edited:

greendom

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 28, 2022
By the way, there was a lot of ex players today including Chris Harrison, Chris Hargreaves, Darren Garner, Graham Coughlan, Johnny Hore, Adrian Burrows, Marc Edworthy, John Uzzell, Brian McGlinchey, Leigh Cooper, David Byrne, Jacko, Jimmy Giles (Exeter), Jason Rowbotham, Darren Garner, Gary Sawyer, Super Luke, Crudgie, Romain, Steve Davey, Duncan Neale, Martin Barlow and Kevin Hodges. (I've no doubt I've missed a few).

Schuey was also there with Dewy and Nance as well.
Don’t forget Neil warnock