Radio Devon Digital Radio | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Radio Devon Digital Radio

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":lj1sks17 said:
GreenThing":lj1sks17 said:
Lundan Cabbie":lj1sks17 said:
What you can expect county wide is fair and equal coverage of all sports teams of Devon.

The point you seem to be missing here is that the coverage is not fair and equal for all teams. Regardless of who are the featured match on DAB, Exeter are allocated the East Devon FM and at least 2 other AM channels, while Argyle have the Plymouth FM channel only. The net result is that you can hear uninterrupted coverage of the Exeter matches almost anywhere in the county while Argyle are restricted to the Plymouth area only. Fair and equal coverage?

The AM transmitters which put out local coverage on match days are located in Torbay, Exeter and Barnstaple and barely reach Plymouth. Providing "local" coverage is what it says on the tin. Everywhere in the county you can get either your local side uninterrupted or the shared coverage on the county wide service.

Argyle in Plymouth only and Exeter everywhere else. Do you call that fair and equal coverage?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
GreenThing":3nmsxznq said:
Lundan Cabbie":3nmsxznq said:
GreenThing":3nmsxznq said:
Lundan Cabbie":3nmsxznq said:
What you can expect county wide is fair and equal coverage of all sports teams of Devon.

The point you seem to be missing here is that the coverage is not fair and equal for all teams. Regardless of who are the featured match on DAB, Exeter are allocated the East Devon FM and at least 2 other AM channels, while Argyle have the Plymouth FM channel only. The net result is that you can hear uninterrupted coverage of the Exeter matches almost anywhere in the county while Argyle are restricted to the Plymouth area only. Fair and equal coverage?

The AM transmitters which put out local coverage on match days are located in Torbay, Exeter and Barnstaple and barely reach Plymouth. Providing "local" coverage is what it says on the tin. Everywhere in the county you can get either your local side uninterrupted or the shared coverage on the county wide service.

Argyle in Plymouth only and Exeter everywhere else. Do you call that fair and equal coverage?

Its not about equal coverage. Its about local coverage. Apart from the county wide shared broadcast, every other transmitter covers it's local side.

Sep 22, 2011
Lundan Cabbie":el3uza4r said:
GreenThing":el3uza4r said:
GreenThing":el3uza4r said:

Its not about equal coverage. Its about local coverage. Apart from the county wide shared broadcast, every other transmitter covers it's local side.

You just don't get it Lundan, if you understood the culture of rural Devon you would know that generations of men and a fair few maids as well regard Plymouth as their local team. It is like a religion. There are some things you just do: cider, argyle, pasties. There some you don't: city, sheep, babysham.

Look beyond your A38 and M5 corridor life you demonstrate so well. There is a whole world out there you have not discovered and it is closer than you think.

Apr 4, 2015
what do we expect from the bbc, they have demonstrated a complete hatred of anything argyle for years as proven by the non coverage of last nites derby, if that was in exeter or if exeter won we would have had highlights, interviews the lot. if i were argyle id tell the bbc to do one.

May 8, 2011
Does seem odd that the North Devon transmitter always carries the Exeter matches. I think the North Devon Greens need to start a campaign.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
HC Green":1xqeuptj said:
Does seem odd that the North Devon transmitter always carries the Exeter matches. I think the North Devon Greens need to start a campaign.

And maybe the London Branch could Lobby BBC Radio London

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
freddie2greens":2ahcp7fj said:
what do we expect from the bbc, they have demonstrated a complete hatred of anything argyle for years as proven by the non coverage of last nites derby, if that was in exeter or if exeter won we would have had highlights, interviews the lot. if i were argyle id tell the bbc to do one.

Well I listened last night and I'm pretty sure it was county wide. As it happens it was a refreshing presentation with plenty of banter between representatives of both teams in the commentary box with Jack McDermott on superb for Argyle.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Just tuned into Radio Devon on DAB & seems to be some old guy with a comical "local" accent playing dreadful music.

The Radio Devon website doesn't seem to even mention today's game.

Ah well no doubt there'll be some egg-chasing on later.

Sep 12, 2015
What an earth is Chris Webb on there for !!? Sounds terrible and soooo unprofesissional. Get a. Grip radio Devon.

Sep 22, 2011
Unable to get to the game today so sat down to listen to DAB. Today the featured game was Torquay and the atmosphere was awful. Shame really as Torquay played really well apparently but the commentators were in a sound proofed box which meant no atmosphere could be captured.

So why the rant today?

When Plymouth was the featured game a few weeks ago the commentary was interrupted every time a goal was scored elsewhere. Why? Fans of other teams had their choice of frequency to hear their team. Radio Devon don't understand that Argyle fans don't want to hear other games during play. Get the results afterwards.

Today when Argyle scored all we got was a comment that there was a goal at Home Park but no switch immediately as with other games!

The BBC could not try harder to alienate a core membership of their audience.

Good on Argyle for do so well. All the media decision making prats dismissed argyle at the start of the season. But how long can our form continue without the media taking notice?

I recall back in the Championship days we got sod all media coverage and just as we got near the 4th spot we suddenly got more media space... But then it all went belly up and we all know what happened next...

Anyway back to 2015 and still no improvement from my employees at the BBC... I pay their wages with my taxes.

:mad: