Radio Devon Digital Radio | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Radio Devon Digital Radio

Dec 3, 2005
Lundan Cabbie":tyqk1cf3 said:
djg145":tyqk1cf3 said:
Can I make it very clear - over the past 3 or maybe 4 years, I have listened to EVERY Argyle away game on my Digital Radio, now they/she changes the policy, WITHOUT informing anyone. Even before yesterdays match, they were telling us that the Argyle match would be on 95.7FM in Plymouth AND on Digital Countywide, then it got to 3pm and it was the damn Exeter game!!

Before this weekend, what was put out on DAB in the Exeter area on match days? I have only ever heard Argyle featured on digital but it disappears after South Brent on the A38.

I sit still in Paignton :)

Nov 14, 2010
Cornwall
Lundan Cabbie":6eb0ks6q said:
djg145":6eb0ks6q said:
Can I make it very clear - over the past 3 or maybe 4 years, I have listened to EVERY Argyle away game on my Digital Radio, now they/she changes the policy, WITHOUT informing anyone. Even before yesterdays match, they were telling us that the Argyle match would be on 95.7FM in Plymouth AND on Digital Countywide, then it got to 3pm and it was the damn Exeter game!!

Before this weekend, what was put out on DAB in the Exeter area on match days? I have only ever heard Argyle featured on digital but it disappears after South Brent on the A38.

Once and for all, until yesterday the DAB COUNTYWIDE (including Exeter) Radio Devon coverage carried the Argyle commentary. This is because of the countywide fanbase for Argyle. City have 990mtrs mw because it covers their fanbase more than adequately. Torbay had 1485 mtrs mw for Torquay games for the same reason. DAB coverage was designated for Argyle because we have fans throughout the county. The others don't. Simple as!!!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I wonder if this is a technical thing and due to BBC Radio Devon's digital broadcast now being available on Freeview channel 720.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Wilf Carters Boots":2ptgdy9d said:
Lundan Cabbie":2ptgdy9d said:
djg145":2ptgdy9d said:

Once and for all, until yesterday the DAB COUNTYWIDE (including Exeter) Radio Devon coverage carried the Argyle commentary. This is because of the countywide fanbase for Argyle. City have 990mtrs mw because it covers their fanbase more than adequately. Torbay had 1485 mtrs mw for Torquay games for the same reason. DAB coverage was designated for Argyle because we have fans throughout the county. The others don't. Simple as!!!

In hope that is being said tongue in cheek :greensmile:

At least Emma Clements took the trouble to reply as follows :

Dear Argyle Supporter

Thank you for your e-mail. I’m sorry not to respond to your email personally but I can assure you I have read and noted your comments.

Unfortunately changes to our frequencies over the summer have meant that we have had to make alterations to the service we provide on a Saturday afternoon as we are no longer able to split our DAB service, which just used to carry Argyle games, away from our Countywide FM programme.

Obviously there will be many occasions when Argyle will be the featured game this season, such as this Tuesday night and the Portsmouth match next Saturday, so rumours it will never feature on DAB again are inaccurate.

This weekend the sports team took the decision that the West Country derby between Exeter City and Yeovil was the stand out game and so it featured on both frequencies.

I appreciate this is frustrating and we try our best to ensure that as many fans as possible can hear the matches they want to, but on this occasion the decision is out of our hands.

Many thanks for your interest and I hope you are able to listen to plenty of Argyle wins this season.

Emma

Emma Clements | Assistant Editor
BBC Radio Devon, Broadcasting House, Seymour Road, Plymouth, PL3 5BD
01752 260323
103.4 | 95.7 | bbc.co.uk/radiodevon

Nov 14, 2010
Cornwall
Andrew_Holcombe":3him2o6l said:
At least Emma Clements took the trouble to reply as follows :

Dear Argyle Supporter

Thank you for your e-mail. I’m sorry not to respond to your email personally but I can assure you I have read and noted your comments.

Unfortunately changes to our frequencies over the summer have meant that we have had to make alterations to the service we provide on a Saturday afternoon as we are no longer able to split our DAB service, which just used to carry Argyle games, away from our Countywide FM programme.

Obviously there will be many occasions when Argyle will be the featured game this season, such as this Tuesday night and the Portsmouth match next Saturday, so rumours it will never feature on DAB again are inaccurate.

This weekend the sports team took the decision that the West Country derby between Exeter City and Yeovil was the stand out game and so it featured on both frequencies.

I appreciate this is frustrating and we try our best to ensure that as many fans as possible can hear the matches they want to, but on this occasion the decision is out of our hands.

Many thanks for your interest and I hope you are able to listen to plenty of Argyle wins this season.

Emma

Emma Clements | Assistant Editor
BBC Radio Devon, Broadcasting House, Seymour Road, Plymouth, PL3 5BD
01752 260323
103.4 | 95.7 | bbc.co.uk/radiodevon

Yes Andrew I had the same multi message. Ok it's apparently the split from DAB and the Countywide FM bit that's the problem but that still does not address the fact that City have 990mtrs mw covering them every league match and I know from experience that 990mtrs mw will reach at least Ivybridge when travelling from Exeter and Torquay have their 1485 mtrs mw for the Torbay area (not to mention North Devon has 880mtrs mw) so I still maintain that Argyle could and should have all the DAB (and therefore Countywide FM now) because the size of our countywide fanbase will knock the other two fanbases into the proverbial cocked hat. However, seems I have reached brickwall time :banghead: Nice that Emma offers us Gills and Pompey commentary but I will be at those games along with my entourage. It's the Wimbledons away type that I cannot often get to and the commentary is so welcome.

Nov 14, 2010
Cornwall
SwimWithTheTide":2y1tudi5 said:
*cough* Argyle player *cough*

Yep, negotiations in hand Swim....even though I've just got me pension and winter's comin' on and 'er indoors
thinks I love Argyle more than I love 'er....Course I told 'er straight 'Listen woman I loves Exeter City more than I loves you!" :scarf:

Sep 22, 2011
I immediately called Radio Devon and told the newsroom what a disaster it was that Argyle was not on DAB in the Tiverton area. I emailed the contact listed above and got the standard reply twice after replying back to the first reply so clearly Radio Devon did not actually read my mail. They just saw a miffed argyle fan and sent a token response. At this I then hit Facebook to tell Sir Gordon of Sparks what was not happening and also hit Twitter too and made my presence felt to various BBC Twitter accounts. When the official attendance was reported my Chris Errington I could not help sending a tweet that the DAB attendance outside of Plymouth was zero. Until normal DAB service is resumed I will continue to highlight the BBCs idiotic decision. Does anyone have their fax number? I have a lot of plain black paper they might like to see!

Jan 4, 2011
Just emailed emma clements to complain that i couldnt receive argyle coverage in totnes again tonight. I can receive radio devon on 5 different frequencies across fm am and dab platforms but none had argyle commentary. 95.7 fm only reaches just past ivybridge. In a town with mainly argyle supporters, a few torquay but very few exeter. Come on gordon sparks, use the influence you must surely have and sort this unfair mess out. Give us back dab coverage.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I don't like to be this blunt because inevitably everyone will jump on my words but there is a clue in the title of the station. It is BBC Radion DEVON. It isn't Radio Plymouth or even Radio Totnes. Of course I understand that it is frustrating if the chosen game isn't Argyle and you are a Pilgrim living outside the local area but this is all sounding like a baby throwing his toys out of the pram. They have said that they can no longer split the countywide service but just because Argyle are the larger club, you can't expect to monopolise the airwaves. It doesn't happen anywhere else on locall BBC stations otherwise smaller clubs would.never get a look in.

My advice is to get a Player subscription and then you'll be stress free each game rather than worrying which game they are going to feature.

Apr 6, 2009
Argyle player is only 4.49 a month or cheaper if you pay in one hit so its not that much of a sacrifice. Its fair to play a selection, just frustrating if you're a pilgrim. You get highlights etc also so its not all bad.

Feb 15, 2005
Are we so up our own backsides, the Excretia vYeovil was the stand out Devon fixture last night. Yes we have a bigger fan base but it doesn't hold we should have exclusive use of radio Debon!