Radio Devon Digital Radio | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Radio Devon Digital Radio

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
On Tuesday night Radio Devon listeners in North Devon had the following options:-

801 mw Dagenham and Redbridge v Exeter City
94.8 fm Dagenham and Redbridge v Exeter City
DAB Dagenham and Redbridge v Exeter City

Surely its not beyond the nous of Radio Devon to have allocated one of these frequencies to the Argyle v Carlisle match. I phoned Radio Devon to make the point but felt as if I was banging my head against a brick wall.

Apr 6, 2009
You are actually wrong norbert. Believe it or not I don't have internet at home but I go somewhere that does to listen to argyle player as I can't afford to go very regularly.

And when I looked a dab radio cost more for me anyway.

It must be an argyle fan thing that there always has to be something to moan about.

My situation is far from ideal but I see the positives and just deal.

Sep 22, 2011
A mate sent me a reply from the BBC... The cracks are starting to appear... They can't deliver whilst undergoing frequency changes... Does this mean once they finish their work they can get back to business as usual?

"Plymouth Argyle commentary is offered on 95.7FM in the greater Plymouth area. Depending on frequency availability it may also be broadcast on DAB. We're undergoing some infrastructure changes which mean that we can't always offer matches on multiple frequencies. So we need to choose the ones which have the biggest audience. For Argyle, that's FM.

I hope that helps answer your question and I'm sorry for your disappointment about the Tuesday match.

Mark

Mark Grinnell | Editor
BBC Radio Devon"

Oct 11, 2014
Tomorrows Devon Coverage

Saturday 22nd August 2015 - BBC Radio Devon (1400-1800)

Gordon Sparks presents Devon Sport from the Plymouth Studio

League Two
Northampton Town v Plymouth Argyle - Ross Heaton & Chris Errington - Commentary on 95.7FM in Plymouth & West Devon, 103.4FM/DAB Countywide (1500)
Exeter City v York City - Peter Smith & Andrew Barge - Commentary on 95.8FM/990AM in Exeter & East Devon, 801AM in North Devon (1500)

National League
Grimsby Town v Torquay United - Anthony Wearing & Dave Thomas - Commentary on 1458AM in Torbay & South Devon, BBC Sports Website (1500)

Bicton International Horse Trials
Mark Edwards (updates) into 103.4FM/DAB Countywide

As per usual all other frequencies not listed will carry the Countywide service.

So Argyle will be on DAB and 103.4FM tomorrow, but will be interrupted with updates. 95.7FM will be as per usual

Sep 23, 2005
Give it a rest katkin. No big deal for you, we understand that but it is for others so let them get on with it unhindered by your sniping.

Dec 20, 2011
thinking the same,,,,, has Gordon given up the comms duties or covering an absence/leave from the radio studio??

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
SwimWithTheTide":340u8zq2 said:
Why's some BBC oxford journo doing our comms instead of Sir Gordon?

Sparksy is running the whole show from the studio, hence no commentating.

Saturday 22nd August 2015 - BBC Radio Devon (1400-1800)

Gordon Sparks presents Devon Sport from the Plymouth Studio

Sep 22, 2011
Will be good to listen again. Although not the same without Sparksy watching the game. Surely he can't be chuffed being in a studio and not seeing game.

Oh damn it I am just not happy. I get DAB this week but without Sir Gordon, oh well at least it gives me something to moan which will keep Katkin happy as she loves to moan about other people moaning. Ha ha

Apr 6, 2009
At the first commentary sparksy said he wouldn't be commentating until October due to other commitments....so a few more weeks for you norbert ;-)

Sep 22, 2011
Thanks Katkin,

Think I missed that update... Was it on DAB by any chance? It is just that we can't always receive it... Not sure if I have mentioned that

Sep 22, 2011
Can you believe!!! The DAB coverage of Argyle misses the second goal as it was too busy giving updates of other games!

How can the BBC defend this new coverage! It should be complete and uninterrupted.

Public broadcaster my backside!