Reid in Shop Window on Deadline Day? | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reid in Shop Window on Deadline Day?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's a 'craze' Paul, started in the States a few month ago by some random bloke and it's gone viral.

The first time was quite funny but ever so boring now.

The reaction back at Sky HQ was funny though, they looked like rabbits caught in the headlights.

May 22, 2006
I do hope we've seen the end of gurning simpletons on our football coverage, but enough about Jim Beglin. The Arsenal reporter was stood inside the Emirates and it looked a lot better than the poor QPR man being accosted by a bunch of chavs.

P

Paul_Roberts

IJN":q6fnhe1q said:
It's a 'craze' Paul, started in the States a few month ago by some random bloke and it's gone viral.

The first time was quite funny but ever so boring now.

The reaction back at Sky HQ was funny though, they looked like rabbits caught in the headlights.

Oh right.

I hadn't seen it before and thought it was hilarious - though more for the reaction of the various Sky reporters and presenters than anything else.

I think it's safe to say that the next deadline day will see Sky's roving reporters safely cordoned off or inside somewhere. It's one thing some bloke going viral for rolling up a cigarette in the background of a report (which was funny to be fair), but broadcasting obscenities - especially of a sexual nature - is the sort of thing that gets you into trouble.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
GreenSam":15tsjx8l said:
Andrew Owen":15tsjx8l said:
I wonder what people thought was happening yesterday.

"Manager! Have you seen this article on the Plymouth Argyle website?"

"Gad Zooks!! 26 goals in 12 months?? How did we not know about this player? Isn't it your job as scout to scour the lower divisions for talent like this?"

"Yes, I travel the country tirelessly and I can't explain how I missed this player. But he's still in League 2 so clearly he's passed under everybody's radar. Putting aside this completely inexplicable collective failure, we should make haste. The article's just been published so maybe it's not too late!"

"Sharon!! Get me Plymouth Argyle on the phone this instant!!!!"

Seriously guys, some pretty basic logic there. 10 seconds of thought or 18 hours of anger, you chose the latter. Perhaps Cowdery wouldn't bother being a WUM if it wasn't so easy for him.
I think the more legitimate worry was that a bid had already been accepted and we were being readied for bad news.

Thankfully not so, as it turns out.

:lol: Who came up with that one, Sam?