Reid in Shop Window on Deadline Day? | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reid in Shop Window on Deadline Day?

Apr 15, 2008
London
Paul_Roberts":289z8238 said:
It's a ridiculous thread, we're complaining that some of our players have stated how good their team mate is.

Indeed. This thread has set a new low for supporter over-reaction.[/quote]

Oh, I don't know. Calling for the manager to be sacked after a 1-0 away defeat on the opening day of the season takes some beating.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Andy_S":zl4hhxd2 said:
Tugboat":zl4hhxd2 said:
PL2 3DQ":zl4hhxd2 said:
The Doctor":zl4hhxd2 said:
http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/must-reid-1888668.aspx This article on the club website isn't exactly helpful. Whilst it is inevitable that some clubs in higher leagues will already see Reid as a potential signing we hardly need the club website to publish what is really little more than an advert for him.

I totally agree. Morgan might have those thoughts but the official shouldn't publish what is basically an advert to sell Reid.
Other clubs will obviously be aware of what Reid can do but don't need this kind of encouragement. An own goal!

Deadline day now looks all about keeping Reid.

I can't actually believe they've published that story.

Unbelievable.

I can, because it's written, edited and published by a (insult removed)

If I called one of the mods on here a knob or even another poster who was able to defend him/herself is it likely my post would have insult removed on it or would it just be deleted? Just wondered

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Paul_Roberts":3vg0za1f said:
PL2 3DQ":3vg0za1f said:
Hindsight, eh. :)

You didn't read my post earlier in the thread then?

Yes, the post where you admit the article was odd but you now say it's an over reaction on Pasoti.

At the time it was a worry that the club website would publish such a thing on deadline day. In the cold light of day and after the deadline has passed it's not such a worry, as you and others have now pointed out ( after the window has closed). Given the poor track record of the club website and the amount of false hopes we've had over the yes the fans had every right to react the way we did.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
jerryatricjanner":345sm1la said:
If I called one of the mods on here a knob or even another poster who was able to defend him/herself is it likely my post would have insult removed on it or would it just be deleted? Just wondered

:iagree: Can't see how the comment has been allowed to stand without any admonishment whatsoever, apparently.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
PL2 3DQ":2om6kv5v said:
At the time it was a worry that the club website would publish such a thing on deadline day. In the cold light of day and after the deadline has passed it's not such a worry, as you and others have now pointed out after the window has closed. Given the poor track record of the club website and the amount of false hopes we've had over the yes the fans had every right to react the way we did.

It still remains a stupid and pointless page filler. Though our media team isn't the worst in football. How about Leeds United announcing "there's more business to be done" at 10 to 10 in the evening, sparking much excitement among the fan base. They proceed to sell two strikers and then announce the conclusion of their business in the market. Haha :facepalm:

Now if only theyd let Norris slip down here, amazed he's not entirely fed up being sat in their reserves - I thought he'd be pushing harder to be playing football somewhere/anywhere.

P

Paul_Roberts

PL2 3DQ":20v1rdno said:
Paul_Roberts":20v1rdno said:
PL2 3DQ":20v1rdno said:
Hindsight, eh. :)

You didn't read my post earlier in the thread then?

Yes, the post where you admit the article was odd but you now say it's an over reaction on Pasoti.

At the time it was a worry that the club website would publish such a thing on deadline day. In the cold light of day and after the deadline has passed it's not such a worry, as you and others have now pointed out after the window has closed. Given the poor track record of the club website and the amount of false hopes we've had over the yes the fans had every right to react the way we did.

The article was a bit odd, yes, but my main point - which you have neglected to point out - is that there was almost zero chance of Reuben Reid leaving yesterday given the transfer fee that would be required to sign a player who was available on a free a matter of weeks ago.

I also said that the article wasn't exactly announcing anything everyone in football already knew - that Reid is in prolific goal-scoring form. Not exactly "an advert" as you suggested. Many others pointed out the same thing before the window closed, so I don't think it's got anything whatsoever to do with hindsight.

Maybe the over-reaction was indicative of the worn down state most of us are in these days after years of losing our best players the minute they hit form, because I've certainly never heard of a player being sold on the basis of an article on a club website.

May 22, 2006
I wonder what people thought was happening yesterday.

"Manager! Have you seen this article on the Plymouth Argyle website?"

"Gad Zooks!! 26 goals in 12 months?? How did we not know about this player? Isn't it your job as scout to scour the lower divisions for talent like this?"

"Yes, I travel the country tirelessly and I can't explain how I missed this player. But he's still in League 2 so clearly he's passed under everybody's radar. Putting aside this completely inexplicable collective failure, we should make haste. The article's just been published so maybe it's not too late!"

"Sharon!! Get me Plymouth Argyle on the phone this instant!!!!"

Seriously guys, some pretty basic logic there. 10 seconds of thought or 18 hours of anger, you chose the latter. Perhaps Cowdery wouldn't bother being a WUM if it wasn't so easy for him.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Andrew Owen":2sxbnae1 said:

"Gad Zooks!! 26 goals in 12 months?? How did we not know about this player? Isn't it your job as scout to scour the lower divisions for talent like this?"

"Yes, I travel the country tirelessly and I can't explain how I missed this player. But he's still in League 2 so clearly he's passed under everybody's radar. Putting aside this completely inexplicable collective failure, we should make haste. The article's just been published so maybe it's not too late!"

Seriously guys, some pretty basic logic there. 10 seconds of thought or 18 hours of anger, you chose the latter. Perhaps Cowdery wouldn't bother being a WUM if it wasn't so easy for him.
I think the more legitimate worry was that a bid had already been accepted and we were being readied for bad news.

Thankfully not so, as it turns out.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
kernow19":1h56mfq3 said:
jerryatricjanner":1h56mfq3 said:

:iagree: Can't see how the comment has been allowed to stand without any admonishment whatsoever, apparently.

To be fair to the lads, they can't read every post right away.

Mr S can me a miserable old sod on occasions (as can most of us) and his comment I notice has now been removed. As was an earlier one by 'The General'.

As Site Owner, I'm quite proud of the way Site Admin remove those sorts of insults quite quickly, the Archive is full of them.

This site is generally family friendly and that's the way it will remain.

Ian

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
GreenSam":3lwx4ilz said:
Andrew Owen":3lwx4ilz said:

I think the more legitimate worry was that a bid had already been accepted and we were being readied for bad news.

Thankfully not so, as it turns out.

Which is the conspiracy theorist view, is it not?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Sam was admonished by a young lady on Twitter for filling up her timeline with his panicky nonsense.

:oops: :lol:

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":2tr09eyq said:
Sam was admonished by a young lady on Twitter for filling up her timeline with his panicky nonsense.

Tbf it was more for my biting satire livetweeting of Sky Sports's Deadline Day coverage.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The bloke running the Leeds PR must be mates with the cheb running ours.

P

Paul_Roberts

GreenSam":3rhy2e3i said:
IJN":3rhy2e3i said:

Tbf it was more for my biting satire livetweeting of Sky Sports's Deadline Day coverage.

I think we'll see Sky take a slightly more conservative approach to their Deadline Day coverage following the incidents yesterday involving various sex toys and the shouting of a certain unprintable obscenities by three people at various grounds around the country.

Weirdly enough, it was the exact same obscene phrase used each time :wtf: