Request to the trust | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Request to the trust

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
LG":3g896u0l said:
just had a thought whilst making my sadnwiches for lunch.
Anyone familiar with the video to the song 'Just' by Radiohead?
The one where the guy is lying on the floor and all the people are asking him to tell them why.
'Tell us!' screams one guy as the song nears the end.
:think: :think: :think:

Now come on LG.........you didn't tell us what was in your sandwiches did you ?

B

bandwagon

Princerock":10mvbe4m said:
LG":10mvbe4m said:
The one where the guy is lying on the floor and all the people are asking him to tell them why.

You don't think he's found that secret patch of 'magics' up near Lee Moor - could do with a bit of tripping after that poo yesterday!! :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Princerock":1lu6nkfl said:
LG":1lu6nkfl said:

Cheese and pickle
Cheese and chutney (spicey one too)
Still awaiting the reply details.... :whistle:

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Talk about treating the membership with contempt.
Looks like there is going to be another member not renewing.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
From what was posted on pasoti last week by a Trust board member, Brent's reply to the Trust did not give permission to publish the letter but the essential tone did not wish to continue correspondence or address the concerns.

Unless the Trust was not telling the truth about there, and they have absolutely zero form to suggest they are anything other than utterly truthful, then Brent's reply put the Trust between a rock and a hard place. If they publish the reply, Brent has cause to drop all further communications. If they do not publish the reply. If they don't publish the reply, they get slack on here.

In reality, who has been the least transparent if we take the above premises to be true? Brent or The Trust?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Why the secrecy? It's alarming us to the fact that there are problems.

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
It all seems pretty hopeless to me, both on the field and off.

No communications and no leadership, from the club, is a recipe for disaster.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
John Petrie":1zyineyc said:
James Brent didn't give us any answers when we first asked him, he didn't give us any answers when we asked him again. His response to us did not hint that he would be giving us answers.

Having not met up over Christmas, and having kept email traffic to a minimum, we will now be raising these issues with James Brent again. Ed should be meeting him in the New Year as PASB spokesperson, and as a Trust board member, to raise these and more concerns with James. We would obviously love it if we were to receive communication before then but James has the questions that we raised so emailing them again seems pointless before Ed has had the chance to speak to him himself. If we continue not to receive answers then we will have to put more pressure on James Brent to deliver them.

I've not given up on trying to gain the transparency and openness that I felt were promised and I am sure that nobody else on the board is either. As was said at the AGM, it is up to us to keep pushing for it and part of that is trying to build a better relationship with the club as well as raising questions. We need to be a critical friend, and both parts of that are important.

Evening John

I'm sure you wrote it out of frustration with the situation, but, Ed will be meeting JB as the spokesperson of the PASB, not as an AFT Board member. It is important
that that distinction is made.

Saying that, I am sure the response from that meeting will be widely reported to the whole of the fan base, assuming there is something to report. If there is not, many will be reconsidering how engagement can work. I think we are in difficult and choppy waters and ALL need to think how we can move onward constructively.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
John Petrie":106znk0t said:
James Brent didn't give us any answers when we first asked him, he didn't give us any answers when we asked him again. His response to us did not hint that he would be giving us answers.

Having not met up over Christmas, and having kept email traffic to a minimum, we will now be raising these issues with James Brent again. Ed should be meeting him in the New Year as PASB spokesperson, and as a Trust board member, to raise these and more concerns with James. We would obviously love it if we were to receive communication before then but James has the questions that we raised so emailing them again seems pointless before Ed has had the chance to speak to him himself. If we continue not to receive answers then we will have to put more pressure on James Brent to deliver them.

I've not given up on trying to gain the transparency and openness that's I felt were promised and I am sure that nobody else on the board is either. As was said at the AGM, it is up to us to keep pushing for it and part of that is trying to build a better relationship with the club as well as raising questions. We need to be a critical friend, and both parts of that are important.

The membership want to know what JB response was,there were rumours of what was said at the Torquay and the game on Saturday,obviously members of the committee have told some of their friends what the response was,and stop telling fibs,the response was,stop telling fibs.

Feb 26, 2008
A village
tonycholwell":2tjrj9qm said:
John Petrie":2tjrj9qm said:

I've not given up on trying to gain the transparency and openness that I felt were promised and I am sure that nobody else on the board is either. As was said at the AGM, it is up to us to keep pushing for it and part of that is trying to build a better relationship with the club as well as raising questions. We need to be a critical friend, and both parts of that are important.

Evening John

I'm sure you wrote it out of frustration with the situation, but, Ed will be meeting JB as the spokesperson of the PASB, not as an AFT Board member. It is important that that distinction is made.

Saying that, I am sure the response from that meeting will be widely reported to the whole of the fan base, assuming there is something to report. If there is not, many will be reconsidering how engagement can work. I think we are in difficult and choppy waters and ALL need to think how we can move onward constructively.

Tony, with respect, if all you're worried about is what "hat" Ed will be wearing when he meets JB, then frankly I despair.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Bermudian Green":yj7wf1y8 said:
Village Green":yj7wf1y8 said:
Tony, with respect, if all you're worried about is what "hat" Ed will be wearing when he meets JB, then frankly I despair.

I agree. Ed will be wearing his Argyle supporter hat, and that's the important thing.

It doesnt concern me in the least as I am sure Ed will wear any hat with aplomb. However, on this occasion it has a PASB colour and he will report first to them before the wider fan base. In fact, exactly the same thing would happen if it was a Trust initiative.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
greengenes":1h8xiots said:
Bermudian Green":1h8xiots said:
Village Green":1h8xiots said:

I agree. Ed will be wearing his Argyle supporter hat, and that's the important thing.

Well put . We're all Argyle fans and want the best .

No argument from me there gg.