Request to the trust | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Request to the trust

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
tonycholwell":1miu1o88 said:
Bermudian Green":1miu1o88 said:
Village Green":1miu1o88 said:
Tony, with respect, if all you're worried about is what "hat" Ed will be wearing when he meets JB, then frankly I despair.

I agree. Ed will be wearing his Argyle supporter hat, and that's the important thing.

It doesnt concern me in the least as I am sure Ed will wear any hat with aplomb. However, on this occasion it has a PASB colour and he will report first to them before the wider fan base. In fact, exactly the same thing would happen if it was a Trust initiative.

Hopefully the 'news' will not take several weeks this time to reach the hoi poloi.

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
tonycholwell":l8upw7gq said:
greengenes":l8upw7gq said:
Bermudian Green":l8upw7gq said:
Village Green":l8upw7gq said:
Tony, with respect, if all you're worried about is what "hat" Ed will be wearing when he meets JB, then frankly I despair.

I agree. Ed will be wearing his Argyle supporter hat, and that's the important thing.

Well put . We're all Argyle fans and want the best .

No argument from me there gg.

Just to support Tony, there was nothing in his OP that stated that this is 'all' he is worried about.

Having seen him in action, Tony is as passionate about the bigger issues as appertaining to our club as any of us are (and I write this as someone who's disagreed with him on more than one occasion!).

That said, the importance of these bigger issues doesn't nullify the need for detail to be correct; there's room for both to be discussed on the Internet, I'm sure.

And as I've said elsewhere, the PAS Board gives us fans an opportunity to take a genuinely different approach in how we engage with the Club (& vice versa); one that complements other fans & supporters' groups.

However, (even as a Trust member) I'm certain that no good will come of the PAS Board being seen (or heaven forbid, used) as a Trojan Horse for the Trust and, as ever in my humble view, Tony is right to make the distinction.

The Trust has chosen its tactics & approach and likewise, the PAS Board needs to chose its own, we shouldn't just do it as its been done in the past or else we'll just get what we've always got.

At the moment, could anybody describe what is different about the PAS Board?

In my view, now more than ever before we need to be helping our Club wherever possible - and that includes helping to scrutinise its work & inform its decision-making. To be the 'critical friend' that the PAS Board should be. We've been given the opportunity.

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
graiser":2ldog0gs said:
I'm a trust member and ST holder but above all a supporter of my club. Frankly I'm confused what the trust, GT's and the rest of supporter groups actually stand for, all I wish to do is ensure my club becomes financially sustainable and eventually move on, so can someone enlighten me what their functions are and why bleddy politics are involved in supporting a football club because that's doing my head in more than the playing side and I'm considering cancelling my trust DD as I've absolutely no interest in the petty carp that's crept in with these groups, so for those who allegedly lead all those groups sort your bleddy selves out before you have a go at the clubs management

Although I'm part of the criticism here, I suspect that the above sums up the views of many.

It's the Club and its health that's the important thing surely?

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
JonB":29uqygdj said:
graiser":29uqygdj said:
I'm a trust member and ST holder but above all a supporter of my club. Frankly I'm confused what the trust, GT's and the rest of supporter groups actually stand for, all I wish to do is ensure my club becomes financially sustainable and eventually move on, so can someone enlighten me what their functions are and why bleddy politics are involved in supporting a football club because that's doing my head in more than the playing side and I'm considering cancelling my trust DD as I've absolutely no interest in the petty carp that's crept in with these groups, so for those who allegedly lead all those groups sort your bleddy selves out before you have a go at the clubs management

Although I'm part of the criticism here, I suspect that the above sums up the views of many.

If we don't get our act together, both on the field and off PDQ, then we will be a non-league club.

Come on PASB, Trust and Club pull your fingers out and sort it.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
graiser":1chggowa said:
JonB":1chggowa said:
graiser":1chggowa said:

Yes it is but all this what appears to be politics is deflecting attention from achieving that, I still do not see the need for these different groups, what's their mandate cos I can't tell what it is

Graiser, I will try to help you here.

Long before Administration, there were many supporters groups connected to Argyle either officially or less formally. Most were geographically based to sustain fans in those areas, so London, Cornwall, Plymouth, Northern, PASTA (Bristolish), North West groups, to name a few, existed. Also in Plymouth were the Senior Greens.

Prior to the announcing of Administration it was clear money was tight and some things could not afford to be done: energy drinks, flights to far off games, poor dressing rooms, out of this came the Green Taverners, originally during the M7 to fill a void and provide essentials. The driving force were 2 local business men, Mark and Gary who in turn roped in friends and employees to make that difference. The rest is history.

All these groups are Argyle fans.