Reserves v Bristol Rovers at Coach Road Tuesday 1pm | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reserves v Bristol Rovers at Coach Road Tuesday 1pm

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Argyle losing their way

Confidence seems to have been dented by that Rovers goal. Argyle are struggling to get any kind of momentum and they are giving the ball away too easily. Sangster and Battle both on for Sarcevic and Fletcher. Fletcher had a poor game today and missed two great chances.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/f ... s-v-671498

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Full-time

And that’s it... a 1-0 defeat for Argyle. their first of this Central League campaign. They had their chances, but after Rovers took the lead, the Pilgrims never looked like getting back into the game.

Apr 29, 2016
If Blissett, Wylde and Ainsworth can't dominate a back four that has only two first team games between them it's a bit worrying. Having said that their central defenders showed a lot of promise with their number 6 pretty impressive. All just a bit uninspiring in the second half.

Oct 24, 2010
I've been to two of these games and what I don't get is why we play 442, a system which the first team only turns to in desperation.I would have thought the main benefit from these games is to prepare squad players for the first team when they are called upon and it would seem sense to play the same system as the first team. A case in point is young Fletcher. If he ever wants to have a career in football he has to learn to play as a lone striker and games like these should be a great way for him to learn his trade. Paul Wotton manages the team so I suppose it was his choice, so if he ever ends up as our Manager all those on here who yearn for a return to good old 442 may get their wish.

Feb 28, 2016
Jordan Bentley MOTM for me, outstanding first half. Could not fault CamSang, great when he came on. Thought Fletch and Batts did ok, always prefer both on the pitch at the same time though, think they both bring the best out of each other.

Thought Law had a good game, just wish he would stick by his instincts and not be over pressured into a decision he shouldn't make just because more senior players start demanding. Thought Cooper had a good game too. Highlight though for me was Jordan Bentley.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
That's an interesting comment about the formation esmer. I guess that as Paul Wotton has been given clear responsibility for managing the side in this competition it is up to him to set the team up as he wants to regardless of the first-team formation, but it does seem odd/sub-optimal viewed from the overall club perspective.

Nov 9, 2008
I wondered about the formation too. Seemed odd. Almost went over to ask Adams who was very near to where I stood but I bottled it!

A

Argyle Mad

Thought law had a good game going forward with the ball but defensively I wasn’t impressed. To me he seemed better suited to a midfield role.

Oct 24, 2010
I was impressed by young Law, very pacey and good on the ball. He was up against a very good player who skinned him once but I thought generally Law kept him in check.

Oct 24, 2010
mde203":315hr1hb said:
I wondered about the formation too. Seemed odd. Almost went over to ask Adams who was very near to where I stood but I bottled it!
The same thought crossed my mind, fleetingly.

Apr 29, 2016
MarkMatthews":3kmqpsqd said:
Jordan Bentley MOTM for me, outstanding first half. Could not fault CamSang, great when he came on. Thought Fletch and Batts did ok, always prefer both on the pitch at the same time though, think they both bring the best out of each other.

Thought Law had a good game, just wish he would stick by his instincts and not be over pressured into a decision he shouldn't make just because more senior players start demanding. Thought Cooper had a good game too. Highlight though for me was Jordan Bentley.

Thought Jordan Bentley played well too. Not so impressed with a Fletcher tbh though. Thought that he had three really good chances and should have put at least one away.

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
According to one of the scouts I know, he says that Adams insist on all the sides playing the same formation as the first team ? Maybe the formation change was his request ?