Reuben Reid - PFA Team of the season. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reuben Reid - PFA Team of the season.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
jerryatricjanner":225rpjvk said:
But don't you think fans of Southend and Shrewsbury who conceded less goals and without playing 2 defensive midfielders to protect a back 3 would also have great claim on their players being included? We all probably look at things from a rather biased point of view whichever club we support.

How very dare you:)

Aug 2, 2011
Amazing RR scores 20 Goals so far this season, has an ongoing foot problem takes a fair old battering up front and is usually marked by two opposition players. Yet according to some he is fat, lazy and a waste of space. Give me another fat, lazy waste of space player who scores 20 goal a season and I would be delighted. Even better lets have two of them.

Why is it some people can never give credit where it is due. Sheridan set his target as the playoffs a d it looks as though he will deliver. RR said at the begining of the season he was targeting 20 goals -delivered.

Credit to you both guys you have met your targets and deserve proper recogntion.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Cobi Budge.":12mj38jh said:
Quite surprised Akins (Burton) isn't included.

Likewise. On the few occasions I've seen him this season, he's been very good. Not to mention he's in the side on the brink of winning the title.

Then again these awards are voted for by the players, so who knows what kind of reasons could be behind the voting.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
PRESTO":19syqyh0 said:
Amazing RR scores 20 Goals so far this season, has an ongoing foot problem takes a fair old battering up front and is usually marked by two opposition players. Yet according to some he is fat, lazy and a waste of space. Give me another fat, lazy waste of space player who scores 20 goal a season and I would be delighted. Even better lets have two of them.

Why is it some people can never give credit where it is due. Sheridan set his target as the playoffs a d it looks as though he will deliver. RR said at the begining of the season he was targeting 20 goals -delivered.

Credit to you both guys you have met your targets and deserve proper recogntion.

Some will never give Reuben the credit he deserves for whatever reason, personally I think it comes down to expectation, he really is that good that some people expect him to be superman every week.

That said if it weren't for our defence performing as well as it has done this season then Reubs would have won player of the season. It's just that our success has been predominantly down to our defence and goalkeeper and so desipte 20 goals and quite heavy reliance on Reuben attacking wise our defence has pipped him to the post for being up there with the best in Europe for a large proportion of this season.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Reuben has been pretty poor, with the exception of the odd game, since xmas.

TBH I don't think he would even be in my argyle side for the last month he has been that bad.

Whether its injury, the supply up to him or big centre defenders are muscling him out of the game I don't know but his performances have been distinctly lacking including effort IMHO

Apr 15, 2008
London
I think Rueben will only be appreciated when he's gone (as in to another club rather than to the heavenly choir) and we're waiting another 2 decades before we see another 20 goal-a-season striker.

A

AR09YLE

After seeing Goldson on Saturday, I cannot believe he is in there above McHugh or the other two.

McHugh particularly looked different class on Saturday, as he has done for most of the season.