Reuben Reid (signs for Exeter - confirmed) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reuben Reid (signs for Exeter - confirmed)

May 30, 2014
Hi guys, Shrewsbury fan in peace here. Apparently we're set to sign Reuben Reid, so i wondered what your thoughts on him are? Cheers :thumbup:

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Class, disappointed to see him go. Sheridan f##ked up his foot though, so has rarely been 100% fit. Be patient with him and allow him to recover and he'll get you goals, lots of them. Powerful on the ball, capable of running past players despite his size. All round class act really.

C

Cobi Budge.

Still a good player in there but you're going to have to be patient.

Dec 22, 2015
Be patient... With everything he does just be patient. Good player and should do well if you have creative players in your side.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He scored a lot of goals in this division, not many in any higher.

His injury record isn't great.

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
Great at L2 level when fit...has been injured over last two seasons so you will need to get him fit and then see if he can score goals at L1 level

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Good player if he gets fit and injury free he will score goals.

If he can't (won't) get fit which will help him be injury free, then he's a whingeing, moaning primadonna.

Depends which one you get but I wish him well tbh.

Sep 2, 2008
Pogleswoody":34soee03 said:
Good player if he gets fit and injury free he will score goals.

If he can't (won't) get fit which will help him be injury free, then he's a whingeing, moaning primadonna.

Depends which one you get but I wish him well tbh.

Agreed. Reid thinks he's better than he actually is hence the reason why he gets all animated when a team mate doesn't make a pinpoint pass or pick out a run. He doesn't seem to mind when he delivers a gash pass or makes the wrong choice...which is quite often. He can't strike a ball cleanly, head a ball well or actually jump very high which is quite concerning considering he's meant to be a striker. People go on about him scoring 20+ goals for the past two seasons but thats all he's really done - I think a lot of those goals, certainly in the first of the two seasons, were penalties. From memory he's had one other decent season. For me he flatters to deceive. He shouts and moans to take the attention away from his own inadequacies. I think he even thinks he knows more than the refs seeing the number of times he's always having a go at them. It was quite telling for me that toward the end of the last season he didn't get a look in. Derek Adams was saying that he was 'fit' but all he could ever manage was the bench. Even in the playoff final he was only afforded 12 mins. I feel he's had his day. If his agent can get a deal at Shrewsbury then I reckon he should also consider taking up a sideline of selling sand to the Arabs.

Jun 11, 2012
A Reuben at his best is L1 quality. A Reuben for the other 90% of the time is a liability.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
If he's fit, he's very tough to play against and will cause defenders a lot of problems. Only problem is, for the last two years, he's been injured a lot. Personally thought it was time for him to move on. He will do ok in league 1.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Pottypilgrim":qijg4fh6 said:
People go on about him scoring 20+ goals for the past two seasons but thats all he's really done.

So basically Shrews fan, if you want a striker who *spit* scores goals -ugh - then you're quids in. But let's be honest, every fan of all teams really just want unskilled strikers who run around like buggery and can't hit a barn door with a banjo. I mean, Reuben is such a spoil sport that I don't get to touch the ball cos he decides to put it in the net rather than Row W in block 4.