Reuben Reid (signs for Exeter - confirmed) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reuben Reid (signs for Exeter - confirmed)

Jan 7, 2013
Past it.. we should have cashed in on him whilst we had the chance was decent for us a while back but I think his best days are over don't think he can cut it in a higher league or even league 2 anymore tbh!
Very sulky if ball not passed inch perfect for him too! As others have said at his prime it would have been a great signing but will be surprised if he manages more than a handful of games for you.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
SwimWithTheTide":abukgn9t said:
Pottypilgrim":abukgn9t said:
People go on about him scoring 20+ goals for the past two seasons but thats all he's really done.

So basically Shrews fan, if you want a striker who *spit* scores goals -ugh - then you're quids in. But let's be honest, every fan of all teams really just want unskilled strikers who run around like buggery and can't hit a barn door with a banjo. I mean, Reuben is such a spoil sport that I don't get to touch the ball cos he decides to put it in the net rather than Row W in block 4.
That's the reason why Warren Feeney seemed adored on here.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Good striker. Strong and effective when fully fit.
Complained that Argyle would not pay for treatment to an injury that has hampered him virtually all last season.
It was suggested by a friend of his that he could have been fully fit within 2 weeks if he received the treatment he needed. If that has been resolved he will do OK for you.
Put it this way, I will be happy if he joins you rather than a League 2 team.

Oct 24, 2014
Reuben Reid being injured , was the main reason we did not go straight up,holds the ball up really well , strong as a ox , some moaners on here have not got a clue,we were pee poor when reid didnt play!!

May 16, 2005
Elburton
If he can get fit, he'll do a job for you, no question.

He certainly knows where the onion bag is but there's more to his game than that.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Our loss, your gain. Only injuries have soured this season, otherwise a class act. Wish him all the best.

Sep 2, 2008
greybeard":acv6f54v said:
Reuben Reid being injured , was the main reason we did not go straight up,holds the ball up really well , strong as a ox , some moaners on here have not got a clue,we were pi$$ poor when reid didnt play!!

:eh: How do you know that? Rhetorical question btw because there really is no answer.

Sep 2, 2008
Steve.PAFC2012":2dawk6qb said:
A lot of people with short memories on here.

Following that logic - I have good memories of Mickey Evans and Tommy T doing well for us....maybe we should ask them to pull their boots back on. Players aren't selected on a memory of what they did. Reid was effective once. Imo he's had his best days. I'm guessing Derek Adams could see that hence the reason why he couldn't get back into the starting eleven and the reason why he was only offered the contract he was (I'm guessing that by the fact that Reid never took up the option on the contract it probably wasn't the best).

Apr 1, 2009
One thing that hasn't been said is that he needs a partner. Much more effective in a 2, whilst not good as a lone striker.

Those who say he's past his best obviously have access to RR's medical records. I don't, so couldn't agree or disagree. If, and it's a big IF, he can achieve consistent fitness then he will be an asset to any lower league team.

Andy in Peverell

🚑 Steve Hooper
Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
greybeard":1fsazrqf said:
Reuben Reid being injured , was the main reason we did not go straight up,holds the ball up really well , strong as a ox , some moaners on here have not got a clue,we were pi$$ poor when reid didnt play!!

pee poor when he never played??? He hardly ( October aside) contributed anything last season yet we spent virtually all of it in the top 3. Seems we coped a lot better than you think.

I like Rueben a lot but we've hardly seen him since the hat trick at City. At our level there's no point having a big earner sat on the bench or in the stands. He said himself that Adams training methods and tough and that he struggled with the demands having missed pre season.
If the Shrews get him fit, firing and motivatited then he'll be an asset to them, if his injury issues continue he could end up an expensive liability
Either way I wish him the best.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Shrewsbury allowed James Collins to go on loan to Northampton and he did very well.
On reflection, if they don't need him, I'm surprised that they want Reuben.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
All the experts telling you he is "very injury prone" - he averaged 45 games a season for us over the last 3 years, not too shabby, for someone described as moody, always injured and uninterested!!

I always come back to the same old decision would you rather him playing for you or against you - for me that's a very easy one.

He does carry a bit of baulk, so consequently if he isn't playing regularly, his "sharpness" can suffer, but on his day a real asset as back to back 20+ goal a season suggests.

May 30, 2014
Thanks for the reply guys, what I expected really with mixed reviews - if they were all positive then they wouldn't be playing at our level! A journal our end has said today though that apparently RR is in talks with L1 clubs however we're not one (Despite what Sheridan said) so who knows!

I have a couple of connections to Plymouth so always keep an eye out for your results, and good luck for the forthcoming season :thumbup: